Nuke (spoilers)

#11GreyedPheonixPosted 11/19/2012 8:01:21 PM
Let's put it this way:

Cortana is going rampant and is willing to do anything to save the Chief.

They just killed the diadect.

She has more or less full control over, at the very least the light bridge.

She's been knwon to mess with the electromagnetic fields on Covenant/foreunner tech (see Halo first strikes Plasma laser for example)

So it's not too far fetched for her to have directed the nukes blast away from the chief....and yeah i agree with the post about it being a better ending than ME:3's stock ending.
---
| |) |_ \_/|_ |\ |) |_| || |_ |\ | | \_/-RE_expert44
|_)|\ |__ //. |__ |_/ |. || |_| |__ | \| _|_ /\-This is GreyedPheonix, Zensunni Madman of RI
#12Garviel_LokanPosted 11/19/2012 9:36:01 PM
From what I can tell she turned MC digital. Basically into a computer virus of sorts.
---
To this day.... we still dont know...... WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?!?
#13LoogerIVPosted 11/22/2012 6:28:41 PM
Kcrone1988 posted...
MikDaTv posted...
RanmaRanma posted...
You see, inside MC's suit is a refrigerator...

I have no idea what movie your referencing, but whatever it is you should stop referencing it. It sounds like a terrible movie that ruined the childhood of millions of people and destroyed a franchise. No one should acknoledge its existence.

I'm assuming you didnt enjoy the new film lol

I enjoyed it. But what I don't understand is why you're calling it new. It's been out for over 20 years now
---
Mario Kart Wii: 4167-5245-3253
#14KnickKnack12Posted 11/22/2012 6:38:19 PM
RanmaRanma posted...

^This.
---
"I'm not giving him cake, I'm assaulting him with cake!" -Pinkie Pie
#15Fatality MistPosted 11/22/2012 9:34:40 PM
I would have accepted the hard light bridge explanation if the chief wasn't half a step from cradling the nuke in his arms.

Seriously. If the hard light bridge can form in a fraction of a second and is so strong that a nuke from inches away does nothing, why does forerunner tech even HAVE armor? Just cover everything in hard light and you're pretty much invincible, apparently.

Yeah, the ending was pulled out of someone's butt.
---
Null.
#16nathninteyonePosted 11/22/2012 9:36:32 PM
MikDaTv posted...
RanmaRanma posted...

I have no idea what movie your referencing, but whatever it is you should stop referencing it. It sounds like a terrible movie that ruined the childhood of millions of people and destroyed a franchise. No one should acknoledge its existence.

I still can't go to peru :(
#17Pyronix337Posted 11/22/2012 9:48:22 PM
Fatality Mist posted...
I would have accepted the hard light bridge explanation if the chief wasn't half a step from cradling the nuke in his arms.

Seriously. If the hard light bridge can form in a fraction of a second and is so strong that a nuke from inches away does nothing, why does forerunner tech even HAVE armor? Just cover everything in hard light and you're pretty much invincible, apparently.

Yeah, the ending was pulled out of someone's butt.

It wasn't just the hard light shield. Cortana had to do something funky to get it to act that way and it appeared to take up the rest of her power (which is saying a lot for a 'smart' AI). I do agree that the ending was a little on the fantastical side, but it made for an epic plot, so I try not to think about too much
#18shrub999Posted 11/22/2012 11:19:17 PM
lets just say it was a remote. cuz think about it, that thing was tiny, like a football. i know its in the future and such, but the whole rest off the bomb that was left on the jet thing wasnt just for looks im assuming.
---
| H | E | R | B |
-------------------- My Anti-Shrub. [go to parties, smoke cigs.]
#19TheExileJediPosted 11/22/2012 11:26:56 PM
Wasn't anyone else thinking that it was just cortana manipulating the telpeortation system that the entire ship has? As in just dropping him out range? Especially considering in that box / bubble they were in there was no debris around?
---
OMG THE J TEAM: Mr.T, Adam West, Chuck Norris and Jesus. If you don't agree they are the best team in the world, prepared to be round house kicked
#20BigRobb2389Posted 11/22/2012 11:27:35 PM
shrub999 posted...
lets just say it was a remote. cuz think about it, that thing was tiny, like a football. i know its in the future and such, but the whole rest off the bomb that was left on the jet thing wasnt just for looks im assuming.

I was just about to use a football analogy, lol.

He had his hands on it, but its wasn't like he was cradling it in his arms like a football.

The hardlight shield cortana crafted tore his hands away from it as it was detonating. As she was building it up, she separated the bomb from his hands.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/BigRobb/