Call of Duty called and it wants its end of campaign sequence back.

#21WingZero0782Posted 11/19/2012 7:04:20 AM(edited)
Halo takes longer to come out now, whereas COD is released yearly (with a two year development cycle for each dev).

I remember when COD was special and it wasn't released yearly, now all these dumb kids think COD was/is the first ever FPS game.

This gen is full of morons.

At the rate COD is going they'll release a futuristic game with space marines.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#22RayzerTagPosted 11/19/2012 7:10:17 AM
jesterj7 posted...
R4M5T4R posted...
is there anything that this game did that was original?
does anyone agree?

the real question is, is it even possible to make something original these days? because every story idea has been done to death.

Indie games. AAA titles are too big to risk failing, thus publishers try to keep games generic enough to appeal to a big audience.

If you want a great story, coupled good gameplay and exquise art/sound design, try Bastion.
---
#teambrad
http://i.minus.com/iAXtLWueScaM0.gif
#23theshovellerPosted 11/19/2012 7:17:22 AM
RayzerTag posted...
jesterj7 posted...
R4M5T4R posted...
is there anything that this game did that was original?
does anyone agree?

the real question is, is it even possible to make something original these days? because every story idea has been done to death.

Indie games. AAA titles are too big to risk failing, thus publishers try to keep games generic enough to appeal to a big audience.

If you want a great story, coupled good gameplay and exquise art/sound design, try Bastion.

But the basic premise of the story of Bastion was done before, in Dark Cloud. World shattered, rebuild the world by doing stuff and rebuilding the town. When you boil it down, it's "the same old thing, done before."

Which, might I add, I'm fine with "the same old thing, done before" - I feel like plots and stories are just different plots and stories put into a blender and put on frappe for a different length of time, giving a different consistency and blend.

I thought the ending was kind of neat to Halo 4. Definitely left it open to a fifth one, though I'm wondering what happened to the "big bad villain." I mean, he gets blown up, survived that barely, but fell into the "indexing beam," so he's probably still alive, albeit now a Promethean himself, which is fairly ironic - trapped in the prison he built for humans, because of a human.
#24Wampus69Posted 11/19/2012 7:27:24 AM
Duty copied that crap off counterstrike... So duty wasnt even original.
---
Xbox 360 Tag: Wampus CRA
PSN ID: Wampus_Cra
#25WingZero0782Posted 11/19/2012 7:30:55 AM
Halo called, it told COD to **** off.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.