#1TorkzorPosted 11/19/2012 7:50:34 AM
):
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZaSlM.jpg
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." - Paper
#2thatguyoncheesePosted 11/19/2012 7:50:57 AM
say that to my railgun double kill
#3sonofkorolPosted 11/19/2012 7:53:11 AM
I am amazed that it takes so many shots to kill a vehicle. I don't know if they realize how a railgun works, or what it does, but it would punch a hole right through the armor of a mantis and straight through a spartan's chest.
---
>X< Leader of The Dream Team >X<
"A game moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and teabag once in a while, you could miss it."
#4patkelly929Posted 11/19/2012 7:53:45 AM
Railgun is my favorite ordinance drop weapon.

When I first got it I had a Phil Coulson moment, launching an enemy into a wall with it.

"...So that's what it does."
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
#5SomnambulisticPosted 11/19/2012 7:55:07 AM
I am amazed that it takes so many shots to kill a vehicle. I don't know if they realize how a railgun works, or what it does, but it would punch a hole right through the armor of a mantis and straight through a spartan's chest.

Yeah, let's give the players a weapon that can one shot everything in the entire game.

I'm glad it is how it is, especially with the anti-infantry focus and not anti-vehicle. The Incineration Cannon's power is crazy enough.
---
Ab-so-lutely.
#6goldeneye728Posted 11/19/2012 7:55:56 AM
sonofkorol posted...

^this. First time I shot a Warthog with it: LOL KEEPS DRIVING
#7Swordsman23Posted 11/19/2012 8:02:57 AM
I find it much better then the spartan lasor since theres no obivous charge period, and a much shorter charge frame. While it isn't as effective, being able to plug in a sly hit on a Mantus or worthog is satisfying as it's more effective then blasting them with a BR, Covie Carbine or whatever.
#8thestroggleaderPosted 11/19/2012 8:07:11 AM
The Railgun is an anti infantry version of the spartan laser, simple as.

As for "but it's a railgun, why doesn't it myeh myeh myeh", UNSC don't know **** about **** with their guns, we should all know this by now.
---
Whats that? Mmhmm. What? I see. Hmm... WELL **** YOU MR BEAR! YOU SPEAK LIES!!! LIIIIES!!!
#9Torkzor(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:39:42 AM
Except the Spartan Laser is hitscan and this trashmobile isn't. Similarly, you have to hit much smaller targets with the railgun. It's just awful.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZaSlM.jpg
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." - Paper
#10A_Cornered_FoxPosted 11/19/2012 8:40:33 AM
sonofkorol posted...

Technically, the railgun's biggest advantage is that it uses a hardened projectile like iron or - more likely - steel, over softer metals like copper or lead. Reason it uses those metals over the traditional ones is because copper and lead aren't magnetic, and thus wouldn't be propelled by a railgun. The harder metals offer better penetration power because they're less likely to break apart on impact (for a good example, watch the episode of mythbusters where they were trying to get a bullet to ricochet back at the shooter).

Anyway, point is the railgun's power and penetration are actually solely dependent on how it's designed, strength of the magnets, and so on. Just because it is a railgun doesn't mean it will be super powerful or capable of penetrating hardened steel or titanium alloys with ease. Case and point a shotgun, for all the devastation it can wreak, cannot penetrate a standard Kevlar vest, let alone one that's reinforced with steel or ceramic plates.
---
More dangerous than a jackal
En Taro Adun