worth it for single player?

#1GGooDDPosted 11/19/2012 11:20:39 AM
I've played all the other ones sonewhat quite extensively and. I love the lore and what not but I don't really care for mp anymore and don't plan on every playing it online.. although I might for a month or two.... thoughts?
---
I refuse to pay to play online in a non MMO environment on the PC, i paid 2k for my PC, 70 a month for my net, and 80 for a game new, why would i pay for MP?
#2Red01MustangGTPosted 11/19/2012 11:21:25 AM
Sounds like you'll like it just fine.
---
Thermaltake Mozart TX | Corsair 1200W | AMD FX 8150 | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX | 16GB DDR3 | VisionTek 4870 | WD 640GB HDD X3 | Win 7
#3WingZero0782Posted 11/19/2012 11:24:36 AM
If you love the lore and know all about the universe then yes.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#4GGooDD(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 12:13:24 PM
Is the single player worth it for full price or should I just to by ot second hand?
---
I refuse to pay to play online in a non MMO environment on the PC, i paid 2k for my PC, 70 a month for my net, and 80 for a game new, why would i pay for MP?
#5WingZero0782Posted 11/19/2012 12:14:48 PM
GGooDD posted...
Is the single player worth it for full price or should I just to by ot second hand?

Dunno, it's about 6-10 hours long but then there's the Spartan Ops campaign which gets new episodes every week (but you need Gold).
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#6VandorLeePosted 11/19/2012 12:19:41 PM
NO!

I just feel the games extremely lacking without mutliplayer.
---
"God did not create humans,
Humans created God"
#7zeroboboPosted 11/19/2012 12:19:43 PM
rent it
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#8GGooDD(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 12:36:49 PM
Unfortunately there is no where to rent games in my city anymore as blockbuster and rogers both went under. In a situation like tis I usually would rent
---
#9NevercomingdownPosted 11/19/2012 12:46:45 PM
I never thought Halo single player was that great (only finished 2 of them), but if you liked those you'll like this.
---
GT: Elesp || PSN: DestroyTheEnd
Ron Paul 2012: Because voting for other candidates whose main supporters are big banks and the wallstreet elite is un-American.
#10DarkstaPosted 11/19/2012 4:27:20 PM
Yes and no.

I love a game with lore and the Halo universe has plenty. I bought halo 4 for the story. I don't like multiplayer so I completely understand we're you are coming from.

As far as the story for this game...it's interesting. I read played the games and read the halo books when they first came out (up to the book before ghost of onyx), then I stopped. I beat halo 3 and loved the ending and understood most everything.

Well..Halo 4 through me for a loop. Don't let the fanboys or elites lie to you, this game does NOT deliver a story like the first three did. You have to go out of your way to get the whole story by finding terminals (these unlock story movies viewable in a separate app which can be assessed through a game menu but they can be missed), and other small bits and pieces. Where the first three halo games wouldn't let you progress until you've done x mount of things and gotten so many cut scenes or background info, Halo 4 just keeps to big important cut scenes that bring big pieces of info and let's the player deal with the rest.

And that honestly is the problem. People complain that people are spoiled with getting "spoon fed" story and information but let's be honest. If you go to a movie and understand it then have you been spoon fed? No. It is a story and you expect a story to be detailed and complete. Likewise certain video games like the Final Fantasy series also tells story's of characters through interactive entertainment values.

Anyways, with all this being said, when I beat Halo 4 the first time I felt I knew what was going on had questions about the little things. I launched Halo Waypoint (a separate launch able window from the game outward) and looked up more info about the game. Since the I've beaten the games a few times and read the halo wiki and I have a Better understanding of what's going on.

This is after doing extra things though. And like I said, I play the game for the story not the MP. I do this for most games. Like Modern Warfare I loved the story and played the games for that. So for me to say that I don't really follow what's going on, means that something is.

Now, as far as Spartan Ops go...it's amazing. The story is great, the levels are great, the characters are like able, and RvB.

I have been having so much fun with it every week both single player (for a challenge) and multiplayer (for fun). The episodes (actual episodes) are cool to watch as well.

All in all...its...worth it if you know at least some on the lore and are willing to dig. The main problem I feel is that there is a time gap of several years and that causes the player to become behind the power curve
---
I'm a Christian. I play Diablo 3 and one of my favorite video game characters is the Lich King from Warcraft. Deal with it.