Why does Halo insist upon Motion Detection in this day and age?

#136thDisciplePosted 11/19/2012 12:49:16 PM
I can't believe we're in 2013 and playing a shooter where everyone can see each other on their radar at all times. Other premier FPSs have already agreed that the most logical and best system is for the radar to not ping an enemy until the enemy opens fire.

Yet we have this ridiculously outdated feature which changes gameplay COMPLETELY, for the worse. I just don't get why Halo still uses this - it is garbage. You should not be able to see your enemy at all times. And please, don't mention crouching as the solution. Just don't.
---
www.bloodyknux.com
#2SCREAMINGBEATSSPosted 11/19/2012 12:50:17 PM
Because it's a better system than not seeing your opposition on a radar. It's superior, and your opinion sucks.
---
Hahascream
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8391/hahascream.png
#3tranceaddict19Posted 11/19/2012 12:50:41 PM
36thDisciple posted...
I can't believe we're in 2013 and playing a shooter where everyone can see each other on their radar at all times. Other premier FPSs have already agreed that the most logical and best system is for the radar to not ping an enemy until the enemy opens fire.

Yet we have this ridiculously outdated feature which changes gameplay COMPLETELY, for the worse. I just don't get why Halo still uses this - it is garbage. You should not be able to see your enemy at all times. And please, don't mention crouching as the solution. Just don't.

There's always active camo....
---
360 GT- eljuanandonly
#4jakethenoobPosted 11/19/2012 12:50:59 PM
Other premier FPSs

You mean Call of Duty and all the games that copied it? I bet you think the game needs ADS too.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#5WingZero0782Posted 11/19/2012 12:51:42 PM
2013? What are the lottery numbers for Saturday?
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#6koichiPosted 11/19/2012 12:51:48 PM
Changes gameplay? motion sensor has always been there...
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#7wesker741Posted 11/19/2012 12:52:04 PM
Go back to CoD, then.
---
"Do not fear the AI director, for Coach, Louis, and the Holy Chocolate protect all who believe in them."
Pills 2:17
#8Go2ChurchPosted 11/19/2012 12:53:47 PM
I like the radar, it instigates planning.

Would you rather get shot from directly behind you and have NO clue that an opponent was even nearby, and be at a complete disadvantage?

Or would you rather both know you're there, and see who makes the right moves?

MLG has no radar, same with Slayer Pro, and the only reason for that is promoting communication, however, if you play with randoms, you have no communication.
---
GT: Anonymousity
#9SlimCreeperPosted 11/19/2012 12:54:06 PM
It affects gameplay for the better imo
it creates more strategic and thought out play.

does you and your wingman try to take a position when you are outnumbered? or do you fall back and try to pick off a couple first? or wait for another teammate

if there was no motion tracker it would be a chatoic free for all with everyone hiding and camping. or rushing blindly around corners like all other arcade shooters out there.

sure you can still crouch and camp but its not as easy to stay crouched and still be affective and not a sitting duck.
#10RichGamebuddyPosted 11/19/2012 12:54:47 PM
Well, you can't see where everyone is at all times, only people who are running near you. And the radar is great, as it requires you to think about your encounters with enemies rather than rely on reflexes when you first see them.
---
The Official Alduin of the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Board