what is the thruster pack good for?

#1DifferentialEquationPosted 11/19/2012 1:24:24 PM
I tried it out once in Flood mode, and the first time I used it it killed the guy when I collided with him so I thought it would be just as good in other modes. But it seems to be a waste so far. I can't find a good use for it (other then flood mode).
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#2Kage-No_KazePosted 11/19/2012 1:26:46 PM
It can help with avoiding vehicles and making a quick close range maneuver to throw someone off but thats about it
#3bearded_moosePosted 11/19/2012 1:28:36 PM
*walks around a corner alone to find entire enemy team halfway down the hallway looking straight at him*

*thrusts back around the corner because it actually takes a moment to reverse momentum with just the movement stick*

*escapes/lives*
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
Wookie_Is_Back is my new favorite.11/9/12
#4zeroboboPosted 11/19/2012 1:28:45 PM
thrusting
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#5wreckthefloorPosted 11/19/2012 1:28:54 PM
Good for cqc closing distance with a sword/hammer/shotgun/boltshot etc.
#6MalcyonPosted 11/19/2012 1:29:44 PM
Some people swear by it, but I think it's the worst AA.

I'm never in any scenarios to utilize it.
#7SSJCenaPosted 11/19/2012 1:37:54 PM
I use it to troll enemys. They get my shields down... *thrust around the corner*
---
"I hate it when people quote themselves"- SSJCena
Add me as a GF's friend if you dare.....
#8DrakengardXxPosted 11/19/2012 1:40:35 PM
One use for it that I practice all the time:
In rifle duels that you may lose or will lose, thrust around the corner/rock next to you and live. Or jump back out and surprise them with the final headshot. I've done this numerous times.
---
GT: Whiplash941
#9SeraphLancePosted 11/19/2012 1:45:18 PM
bearded_moose posted...
*walks around a corner alone to find entire enemy team halfway down the hallway looking straight at him*

*thrusts back around the corner because it actually takes a moment to reverse momentum with just the movement stick*

*escapes/lives*

Unless you're playing against Roger Clemens, Hardlight shield can be used for the exact same thing, and is safer and more reliable in the face of unseen obstacles.

Thruster is fairly useful with CQC weapons though, but I prefer Hologram for the shenanigans.
---
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#10ShineGamerPosted 11/19/2012 1:45:20 PM
I have had it used against me a few times and the enemies avoided otherwise certain death. I think it can be good but it seems really hard to use.
---
"Actually, there was this one time...I grabbed the wrong whammy bar and deployed star power a bit too early. I stained the rug with my x8 multiplier."