what is the thruster pack good for?

#21pblimp360Posted 11/19/2012 3:25:11 PM
My favorite AA.

I like to have a lot of maneuverability, and often you can get in CQC situations that call for it, that I had that extra move to beat that player or players even.
---
#Halo 4
#22SterlingFoxPosted 11/19/2012 3:29:07 PM
For everybody saying you can thrust back around the corner, you're aware that the Hardlight shield can do exactly the same thing aren't you? You activate it and walk back.

Only the Hardlight shield also blocks all damage from explosions and melee attacks that are in front of you, while the thruster doesn't.

I don't doubt that it's got its useful situations, but somebody has got to give one that isn't equally solvable by the Hardlight shield.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#23lnknprk_45Posted 11/19/2012 3:35:43 PM
SterlingFox posted...
For everybody saying you can thrust back around the corner, you're aware that the Hardlight shield can do exactly the same thing aren't you? You activate it and walk back.

Only the Hardlight shield also blocks all damage from explosions and melee attacks that are in front of you, while the thruster doesn't.

I don't doubt that it's got its useful situations, but somebody has got to give one that isn't equally solvable by the Hardlight shield.

You're being chased by a guy trying to assassinate you. You see him on the radar, so you use your Thruster Pack to get behind him and assassinate him instead. Situations? Yes, but it's doable.
#24JaidabeccaPosted 11/19/2012 3:35:44 PM
It's pretty useful for ninja'ing people that are chasing you & are farther behind than you initially guessed. Or if they realize what you're trying to do, thrust behind them to still ninja them. It's still situational but can still be fun.
---
RE4, REmake, HALO 1 & 3, & other videos here v
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jaidabecca
#25Garviel_LokanPosted 11/19/2012 3:41:34 PM
When ever I use it forward I get the impression I would go just as fast running.
---
To this day.... we still dont know...... WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?!?
#26hungryfoodPosted 11/19/2012 3:53:41 PM
Use it for custom gametypes, set player speed to 200-300%, 50% gravity, and just zoom around the map, pretty sweet if you try it on impact with infinite AA.
#27SterlingFoxPosted 11/19/2012 3:57:20 PM
Something I did in a custom game that I wanted to test is thrusting right before hitting the ground at great heights.

It could have been lag or a glitch, but I thrust after falling and my Spartan hit the ground, it made a clunk noise, and I kicked back into the air without taking damage.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#28Oni SeraphPosted 11/19/2012 4:00:50 PM
When ever I use it forward I get the impression I would go just as fast running.

Yeah sprinting is far faster for forward, but its better for backwards and sideways movement. Its still terribly situational, it needs more range/faster recharge to be on par with the other skills IMO.
---
Oni Seraph: Be humble on your path.
You have nothing to prove to anyone, not even yourself. Trust yourself, always.
#29bearded_moosePosted 11/19/2012 4:17:26 PM
SeraphLance posted...
bearded_moose posted...
*walks around a corner alone to find entire enemy team halfway down the hallway looking straight at him*

*thrusts back around the corner because it actually takes a moment to reverse momentum with just the movement stick*

*escapes/lives*

Unless you're playing against Roger Clemens, Hardlight shield can be used for the exact same thing, and is safer and more reliable in the face of unseen obstacles.

Thruster is fairly useful with CQC weapons though, but I prefer Hologram for the shenanigans.

i too prefer hologram. the potential for trickery is through the roof.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
Wookie_Is_Back is my new favorite.11/9/12
#30ss4kamiPosted 11/19/2012 4:21:01 PM
Hologram is hilarious if the entire lobby is using it.
---
PSN: Sunoya
SteamID: sun0ya