The overall multiplayer skill level has gone down since Halo 3

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. The overall multiplayer skill level has gone down since Halo 3

User Info: cocorococo

cocorococo
4 years ago#1
I play shooters casually but I noticed the following

- Halo 2 - it took me 1 month to really enjoy myself and finish ranked first or second quite regularly

- Halo 3 - after 1 month, I was mostly ranking fifth or sixth and breaking the first three ranks on exceptional basis

- Halo Reach - did not play

- Halo 4 - after one night, I am ranking first or second in Slayer and Slayer pro

That tells me that either the matchmaking pit me against noobs or that the overall skill level of the Halo 4 population has gone down a bit.

Did you guys notice this?
"My ship works better when I kick it", Spike Spiegel

User Info: Icefrio

Icefrio
4 years ago#2
Maybe you're just better at this game than the others, they aren't all identical in terms of what skills set people apart.
//

User Info: galv0

galv0
4 years ago#3
This thread sucks.
Noobs -_-

User Info: cocorococo

cocorococo
4 years ago#4
it is kind of you to say, but I remember getting my A$$ getting handed to me quite a bit at Halo 3, and I did not play Halo in about three years...

maybe I did get better but I kinda doubt it
"My ship works better when I kick it", Spike Spiegel

User Info: RayzerTag

RayzerTag
4 years ago#5
Everytime a new batch of inexperienced players enter, somewhat reseting the skill level. Meanwhile, you have been gaining experience since 2.
#teambrad
http://i.minus.com/iAXtLWueScaM0.gif

User Info: domesplitter13

domesplitter13
4 years ago#6
Get off the meds buddy.

User Info: xBiophagex

xBiophagex
4 years ago#7
It's easier to get high rankings occasionally when your shots don't actually have to hit near your opponent to do damage

User Info: Nated

Nated
4 years ago#8
this argument makes no sense

The multiplayer is easier because I am coming in first more often...

What about the guys that are, obviously, not coming in first?

matchmaking is random, so you are getting randomly matched against less experienced/worse players.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/nated-1581/
GT: Nated

User Info: Red01MustangGT

Red01MustangGT
4 years ago#9
This topic has been "Nated"
Thermaltake Mozart TX | Corsair 1200W | AMD FX 8150 | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX | 16GB DDR3 | VisionTek 4870 | WD 640GB HDD X3 | Win 7

User Info: AnderZx202

AnderZx202
4 years ago#10
plus, you played most of the halo games..i can tell you that there are lots of people on halo that never even played halo 3, i know a few that just got an xbox and halo.
also a lot of "young" players are getting the game, i've been in numerous games where there is one or a bunch of 9-10 year olds just camping around vehicle spawns and trash talking teammates. So basically there are more new players and younger players so the skill level might be lower. my 2 cents.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. The overall multiplayer skill level has gone down since Halo 3

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived