search team snipers..

#21iRGushPosted 11/19/2012 4:40:21 PM(edited)
__bale posted...
solace, haven, abandon, adrift, ragnarok, meltdown would be a fine list for snipers.

I question adrift because of how segmented it is, abandon would be just "alright" imo, I would like to see how it plays though. No idea why haven wasn't in when reach was basically all small maps and was an extremely popular playlist.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
iRGush
#22__bale(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 5:15:52 PM

I question adrift because of how segmented it is, abandon would be just "alright" imo, I would like to see how it plays though. No idea why haven wasn't in when reach was basically all small maps and was an extremely popular playlist.

the segmentation of adrift is what makes it fun. its pretty much the exact opposite of a map like ragnarok. instead of incredibly open sight lines that span more or less the entire map, you have very short sight lines that require MUCH more skill to snipe in. camping can be a problem, but simply jumping as you cross corners more or less avoids that.

abandon would very good imo, its very midrange orientated but has times of closer combat. imo the pit is an example of a perfect snipers map, i feel abandon (while not being a similar map at all) would give similar combat.
#23bd0g5Posted 11/19/2012 5:24:24 PM
__bale posted...

the segmentation of adrift is what makes it fun. its pretty much the exact opposite of a map like ragnarok. instead of incredibly open sight lines that span more or less the entire map, you have very short sight lines that require MUCH more skill to snipe in. camping can be a problem, but simply jumping as you cross corners more or less avoids that.

abandon would very good imo, its very midrange orientated but has times of closer combat. imo the pit is an example of a perfect snipers map, i feel abandon (while not being a similar map at all) would give similar combat.

Adrift would probably be similar to countdown, the halls remind me of countdown's streets in a way. Abandon would work but there aren't that many good sightlines.
---
I like turtles
#24__bale(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 5:25:55 PM
\
Adrift would probably be similar to countdown, the halls remind me of countdown's streets in a way. Abandon would work but there aren't that many good sightlines.

and countdown was definitely the 2nd best team snipers map.
#25iRGushPosted 11/19/2012 5:28:57 PM
__bale posted...
\

and countdown was definitely the 2nd best team snipers map.

Its not like the map variety was that great though

343 would rather have everyone crouch behind rocks for 12 minutes on a BtB map for snipers though so we'll never even get to try adrift
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
iRGush
#26jesse_skaterPosted 11/19/2012 7:10:58 PM
Reach didn't even have zealot and countdown in the snipers playlist until really late in its life.

But I agree...need smaller maps for snipers.
---
XBL: Jesse I3aker
#27Killean_NuggetsPosted 11/19/2012 7:15:04 PM
Played a few games of snipes earlier and it was constantly large maps, bar 1 game on Solace which was fun. Don't like the map selection so far.
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp