The music is powerful in this game.

#1robnixxoPosted 11/19/2012 4:07:03 PM
Just listen to this track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCrL76vGpNA

The music alone helped elevate the narrative above the previous games.
#2WingZero0782Posted 11/19/2012 4:09:53 PM
Indeed, I didn't think I'd like the new composer but he did a great job.

I think the Halo theme should've returned though, but this is a new series/trilogy from a new dev team so it's kinda like a reboot.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#3TorqueForkPosted 11/19/2012 4:13:26 PM
Yes it is. It's great.
---
Uhh...check it...
#4DrkVrtxPosted 11/19/2012 4:20:07 PM
I can't recall where I read OST review, but the writer stated that they felt Halo 4's OST was lacking in comparison to that of previous Halo(s). I personally disagree. The new composer took a different direction and, in my humble opinion, succeeded. There were some tracks that had me straight up stopping mid-game with astonishment.
#5AnthonyBrock2Posted 11/19/2012 4:22:33 PM
I actually loved this song. Kinda reminds me of most movies that have something to do with Action and sci-fi though (kinda getting a terminator 2 ending vibe almost).
---
Gamertag:SonowRaevius,psn:SonowRaevius
Youtube:sonow666.
#6yomamma297Posted 11/19/2012 4:22:48 PM
It's definitely a good soundtrack. I prefer the original trilogy sound though, they all have some incredible music.
---
Go Dolphins, Heat and Marlins!
GT: shock297
#7ZERO2936Posted 11/19/2012 4:23:58 PM
Wasn't the music composed by the same guy who did the soundtrack for Metal Gear Solid 4?
---
Official Magnezone of the PMD: Managate and the Infinite Labyrinth Boards
#8robnixxo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 4:26:36 PM
ZERO2936 posted...
Wasn't the music composed by the same guy who did the soundtrack for Metal Gear Solid 4?

No, you're probably thinking of Harry Gregson Williams, or whoever. He only did a little of the music for MGS, but they hyped him up since he was a Hollywood composer. IMO, he's okay, but he's a Zimmer rip off.
#9robnixxo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 4:28:06 PM
DrkVrtx posted...
I can't recall where I read OST review, but the writer stated that they felt Halo 4's OST was lacking in comparison to that of previous Halo(s). I personally disagree. The new composer took a different direction and, in my humble opinion, succeeded. There were some tracks that had me straight up stopping mid-game with astonishment.

I think I read that review, too. Most reviews I read complimented the new soundtrack.

The track during the final level right before the Didact was epic.
#10Ubergrim3Posted 11/19/2012 4:36:01 PM(edited)
It has it's ups and downs for me. There's certainly some powerful stuff, but other moments were just baaaaad.

Like when Chief follows the Didact's ship through slipspace in that fighter, the music has blaring trumpets... all I could think was "STAR WARS" and how out of place it sounded in Halo.

Some of it is reminiscent of Mass Effect as well. I prefer the old music, but I won't say this music ruins the game for me or anything like that.
---
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the Professor! - The Professor
GT: xCOLBY JACKx