Plasma Grenade vs. Frag Grenade vs. Pulse Grenade FAQs

#111JJ_WheezyPosted 11/20/2012 6:38:17 AM
I want to see comparisons between grenades with and without the explosives bonus, including damage increase and radius increase. Also, I want to see how much it reduces grenade damage to the user.
#112TheBoxNinja72Posted 11/20/2012 8:57:21 AM
i love how people are STILL complaining, yet the TC said he was wrong. you guys may not have been trolling *originally*, but the fact is that YOU are all STILL carrying on about it after he said thanks and that he would fix it. so you are now trolls because you keep posting on here thtat he was wrong and bla bla bla.

oh, and to mr.3x zoom guy. its not 2x -.- its 3x, and even if its not exactly 3, its much more than 2x. so for all that it matters, (since its much much closer to 3 than 2) ill accept it being a *3x zoom* rather than "oh, its like a 2.7x zoom". lol

and for that, whats it matter? maybe 2x/3x in covenent measuments is a differnt distance? lol. (this is just poking fun at the whole thing, not a serious part of this comment)
---
I don't even think I can credit this topic with an attempt at trolling. I'm pretty sure he just s*** all over the keyboard and then hit "Post."
#113Strakadh_OFPosted 11/20/2012 9:23:46 AM
TheBoxNinja72 posted...
i love how people are STILL complaining, yet the TC said he was wrong. you guys may not have been trolling *originally*, but the fact is that YOU are all STILL carrying on about it after he said thanks and that he would fix it. so you are now trolls because you keep posting on here thtat he was wrong and bla bla bla.

oh, and to mr.3x zoom guy. its not 2x -.- its 3x, and even if its not exactly 3, its much more than 2x. so for all that it matters, (since its much much closer to 3 than 2) ill accept it being a *3x zoom* rather than "oh, its like a 2.7x zoom". lol

and for that, whats it matter? maybe 2x/3x in covenent measuments is a differnt distance? lol. (this is just poking fun at the whole thing, not a serious part of this comment)

cool new user thanks for the unwanted post finished with a stupid comment.

I will say your sig describes TC very well the moment he was called out.
---
GT: The Trill Texan
#114Captain_ValiantPosted 11/20/2012 9:28:46 AM
I seriously just read this entire thread hoping it would eventually circle back to grenade information, and maybe get some numbers/opinions on the explosive bonus.

Not only am I dissappointed, but I still don't give a crap about the carbine, which frankly gets out-performed by other starters in my own experience.

I've been rolling with the Explosives bonus for a couple days, just playtesting not testing-testing. I have noticed that I'm getting killed less by grenades (which wasn't often to begin with), but my grenade kills haven't gone up. This could be because I really only get grenade kills with sticks, which would kill without the bonus anyway.

For my money, I'd rather go with something like Reflexes. I noticed the reload/swap speed increase immediately and it was awesome. It could just be my playstyle but the Explosives bonus wasn't significant enough to replace Reflexes.

I would be interested to find out if Explosives applied to the Sticky Detonator.
Has anyone been able to use a build that can employ grenades as a major form of offence?
#115TheBoxNinja72Posted 11/20/2012 9:34:27 AM
Strakadh_OF posted...
TheBoxNinja72 posted...

cool new user thanks for the unwanted post finished with a stupid comment.

I will say your sig describes TC very well the moment he was called out.

this account may be *new*, but im far from it on the boards. (2 older accounts, one ban, one i dont use anymore). but good try my friend.

and id be willing to bet that my post is much more wanted that the troll rants from some people. >..> so, again, nice try. =D
---
I don't even think I can credit this topic with an attempt at trolling. I'm pretty sure he just s*** all over the keyboard and then hit "Post."
#116HELZEROPosted 11/20/2012 9:44:07 AM
Captain_Valiant posted...
I seriously just read this entire thread hoping it would eventually circle back to grenade information, and maybe get some numbers/opinions on the explosive bonus.

Not only am I dissappointed, but I still don't give a crap about the carbine, which frankly gets out-performed by other starters in my own experience.

I've been rolling with the Explosives bonus for a couple days, just playtesting not testing-testing. I have noticed that I'm getting killed less by grenades (which wasn't often to begin with), but my grenade kills haven't gone up. This could be because I really only get grenade kills with sticks, which would kill without the bonus anyway.

For my money, I'd rather go with something like Reflexes. I noticed the reload/swap speed increase immediately and it was awesome. It could just be my playstyle but the Explosives bonus wasn't significant enough to replace Reflexes.

I would be interested to find out if Explosives applied to the Sticky Detonator.
Has anyone been able to use a build that can employ grenades as a major form of offence?

What the heck is reflexes? Do you mean dexterity? Your choice of words is idiotic therefore I refuse to give you credit for anything else you said. Go to hell for making a mistake, how dare you. I want my money back and an apology for your stupidity.

Or I could have just said...

You made some good points there but I think you meant to say "dexterity" not "reflexes".
#117wreckthefloorPosted 11/20/2012 9:49:21 AM
Thanks so much for these.
#118Captain_ValiantPosted 11/20/2012 9:55:57 AM
haha, oops. I just outed myself as a D&D player. I was thinking about "Combat Reflexes".
#119loto610Posted 11/20/2012 10:01:06 AM
Captain_Valiant posted...

Explosives increases damage radius by a noticeable margin while giving a small defense boost that is literally there to just barely save you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwj_MrpKVnU

This guy did a test on grenades and plasmas. Didn't test pulse though.
---
"I heard a rumor that you're an idiot, any truth to that." -Owyn: Rumors Topic- Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
#120weride2diePosted 11/20/2012 10:27:33 AM
What exactly is considered a fire rate? If you can fire a weapon as fast as pulling the trigger, does it have a fire rate? Or is it considered an unfixed fire rate?
---
gt: KSI tomashart25. you all wanna get high, on life?