Plasma Grenade vs. Frag Grenade vs. Pulse Grenade FAQs

#41DuwstaiPosted 11/19/2012 10:48:26 PM
This is basically what happened here.

> Everyone knows the Carbine has a rate of fire cap, as its painfully obvious

> SterlingFox appears: No guys youre all wrong, Im the only one who is right.

> Oh really? How do you figure that?

> Sterling Fox: I ran tests. Many tests and they proved it.

> What tests? What were the numbers? How could you possibly think this?

> SterlingFox: Well actually I lost the data but its true, I did tests so you have to believe me.

> Everyone else: .... no

Sterling, you are the one putting forth an assertion that disagrees with everyone else/ common sense.

You better have the proof to back it up.
---
balls
#42SterlingFox(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 10:57:11 PM
Duwstai posted...
This is basically what happened here.

> Everyone knows the Carbine has a rate of fire cap, as its painfully obvious

> SterlingFox appears: No guys youre all wrong, Im the only one who is right.

> Oh really? How do you figure that?

> Sterling Fox: I ran tests. Many tests and they proved it.

> What tests? What were the numbers? How could you possibly think this?

> SterlingFox: Well actually I lost the data but its true, I did tests so you have to believe me.

> Everyone else: .... no

Sterling, you are the one putting forth an assertion that disagrees with everyone else/ common sense.

You better have the proof to back it up.

I posted numbers in the topic, didn't I?

This entire problem revolves around you not having anything backing what you're saying. I'm genuinely asking to see it so that I can amend what I wrote.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#43Arcadia__personPosted 11/19/2012 11:00:00 PM
I really don't understand this debate over the carbine. Can't you guys just power up your Xbox's, grab a carbine, and start flicking the triggers? Is the problem that the rate of fire is faster than you guys can pull the trigger or something? Because otherwise it's is pretty easy to test this out.
---
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." -Skies of Arcadia
#44Strakadh_OFPosted 11/19/2012 11:02:47 PM
SterlingFox posted...
Strakadh_OF posted...
Numbers? What numbers?Like the number of times I pulled the trigger? Why is it necessary to provide specific numbers just to prove what anyone with functional eyes,ears and fingers can figure out in a few seconds?

Youre the one posting fallacious information in a FAQ not me. Im not trying to tell anyone what the cap is the issue is whether there is one or not.

Can you then explain to me why your information is factually more truthful than mine?

This is a FAQ for the site. Its not about either of us, so we need something more than angry trolls with grudges posting backless information.

Baseless information you mean.

I know you know youre wrong but you feel that falling back on the flawed argument that I dont have magical numbers can discredit my simple argument (you still will not specify what they should pertain to), so my assertion that I and presumably most other healthy individuals in good physical condition can pull the trigger faster than the Carbine fires is rendered invalid.

What makes you think we should believe your data simply because you posted it? Is there a video? Can we get a number of unaffiliated third parties to verify your findings Prof. Sterling? I see what youre getting at and its absurd in relation to something so trivial as a videogame weapons ROF.

Heres a simple analogy.

My argument is that the Hare clearly runs faster than Turtle and that anyone with eyesight can see that.

Your counter-argument is that you will not acknowledge that the Hare is faster until I tell you exactly what speed both animals are traveling at.

You strike me as one of these twenty somethings who has a few years of college under his belt and has let it turn him into an egotistical, elitist ass who has already lost touch with the real world. This is not a lab/thesis paper that requires thorough analysis and experimentation ala using the scientific method.

This was entertaining but I have argued my point as well as I am willing without buying a capture card and videocamera and uploading a video to show you I can (Gasp!) pull the trigger faster than the Carbine will fire.

Enjoy wallowing in your own foolishness : )
---
GT: The Trill Texan
#45XImperialDragonPosted 11/19/2012 11:05:04 PM
XImperialDragon posted...
So... does anyone want to talk about grenades in relation to the Explosives upgrade?

I'll admit right now I'm lazy, if that helps. lol

No this topic is about the carbine now, go discuss grenades in the dmr topic.
---
"Marcus needs to go home and put on the rest of his damn beard." -SmokingGhost on Gears of War

Done. lol.
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo DS. In this game, you set your DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#46Arcadia__personPosted 11/19/2012 11:05:43 PM
You strike me as one of these twenty somethings who has a few years of college under his belt and has let it turn him into an egotistical, elitist ass who has already lost touch with the real world. This is not a lab/thesis paper that requires thorough analysis and experimentation ala using the scientific method.

This was entertaining but I have argued my point as well as I am willing without buying a capture card and videocamera and uploading a video to show you I can (Gasp!) pull the trigger faster than the Carbine will fire.

Enjoy wallowing in your own foolishness : )

... This was literally typed out? Not ironically? Because it is hilarious how hypocritical this is. Childish.
---
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." -Skies of Arcadia
#47SterlingFox(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 11:12:44 PM(edited)
Strakadh_OF posted...
Lots of anger, no substance

I meant backless. As in, lacking a back. A spine. Support. etc.

Regardless, I skimmed through your post, largely without reading it because none of it actually said anything.
You took like 1000 characters to say that there's no reason to trust either of us, only in a more angry way because you're mad.

I agree. That's why I encourage everybody to check my work and test these things for themselves in case they don't believe me.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#48EklundzPosted 11/19/2012 11:12:46 PM
SterlingFox posted...
Duwstai posted...
No.

There were variances, and 4 seconds reflects the average. People understand 4 seconds better than "It took 3.91 seconds, and then another time it took 3.97 seconds".

Thats not a test, Dubai. Its you arguing in angry desperation and posting a senseless youtube link, and it's being done not in the name of information or helping others but because you want to throw yourself a little party in your head and yank your dick to the thought that you're right.

Go do a test, prove me wrong. Right now you're typing words, but they have no substance at all.

Fantastic post.
Love your work, great comparisons and great info.
---
Dark Souls ruined gaming
#49Mu_NovaPosted 11/19/2012 11:14:50 PM(edited)
I don't think the Carbine will fire exactly as fast as the trigger is pulled, if one is really spamming it--as in, adjusting their grip such that they can pull faster but sacrifice the capability to do anything else of significance.
But then again, I haven't tested this stuff and won't be, I'd rather be playing the game and/or trying to get better. In any case, these guides are informative and put together well, and I don't see how some minor minimum TTK on what would be the only precision weapon able to fire so fast has any bearing on the rest of the information.

And if someone is so offended by what they believe to be an error, I would figure they should consider performing their own tests to contest SterlingFox's tests, rather than harping on about how he's wrong and that it throws all his guides into question and convincing few, if anyone.
---
I am a fan of My Little Pony. You do not have to watch My Little Pony.
#50DuwstaiPosted 11/19/2012 11:16:00 PM
I posted numbers in the topic, didn't I?

This entire problem revolves around you not having anything backing what you're saying. I'm genuinely asking to see it so that I can amend what I wrote.

None of those numbers proved that the Carbine didnt have a set rate of fire, which is why I kept asking you for the data that supposedly proves it.

I really don't understand this debate over the carbine. Can't you guys just power up your Xbox's, grab a carbine, and start flicking the triggers? Is the problem that the rate of fire is faster than you guys can pull the trigger or something? Because otherwise it's is pretty easy to test this out.

No, the rate of fire isnt even that fast. Its easy to see, which is why we are all confused as hell as to how he thinks there isnt one.
---
balls