As an avid Oddball and KoTH player...

#1Fade_ChokesPosted 11/20/2012 5:22:32 PM
...I encourage you randoms to go negative to your hearts desire. To hell with k/d ratios, we have more pressing matters to attention to! If you need to die 5 times consecutively to put 30 more seconds on the board then I commend your sacrifice comrade.

As long as there's someone to keep the heat off the team will still win. However it doesn't work the other way around. People seem to think that objective playlist are for boosting their k/d and I've watched whole teams go positive but lose because they were all too afraid to die so they just hover around the objective.

I have a friend that if he sees the oddball fall towards him, will walk away from it intentionally, whether there's no one else around or not. This isn't slayer, you can afford a death or two.
---
The Chief: "...you are also getting a new partner"
Blasto: "Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this one?"
#2Cal873Posted 11/20/2012 5:26:16 PM
Waypoint even goes as far as displaying your slayer K/D apart from your overall. No longer any reason to try and "farm" kd in objective games.
---
Gamertag: LeB1anc
PSN: TheLeBlanc
#3bearded_moosePosted 11/20/2012 5:28:37 PM
oddball is my new favorite gametype. the ability to throw the ball makes it a thousand times more fun.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
Wookie_Is_Back is my new favorite.11/9/12
#4Booty_CallPosted 11/20/2012 5:29:02 PM
Don't worry, I always throw myself at the hill.

Usually get over a minute in there. Screw K/D, we win.
---
"Oh bother," said Pooh as he chambered his last round.
#5L337_MuffenPosted 11/20/2012 5:29:36 PM
This is very true, if you ever need someone to plays Oddball or KoTH send me a message
---
Be careful around explosions, they're contagious.
GT: L337 Muffen
#6CyanocittaPosted 11/20/2012 5:32:48 PM
I had one of the respawn/sacrifice moments the other day. Valhalla, 5v5 capture the flag; 1 minute left; score 0-1. I got the flag out of the enemy base out into the open, to the top of the hill. Sniped. Respawn and see all 4 teammates crouching behind rocks waiting for enemies who are not coming.

Run to the flag, touch it, sniped. Respawn, touch flag, snipe...etc. Yeah, we lost.