So has the multiplayer in every halo game been a simulation?

#1M4karovPosted 11/21/2012 5:05:56 PM
This game seems to have a theme that the war games are actually a simulation the spartans are running on the Infinity.. Does that mean the multiplayer from the past games were simulations too, storyline wise?
#2brawl4funPosted 11/21/2012 5:07:01 PM
No.

Next stupid question topic, AWAY! (No offense)
---
GT: PeskyBurrito2 I'm Batman (Yes, don't deny it)
Are you ready for Halo 4?
#3thestroggleaderPosted 11/21/2012 5:07:01 PM
Then where did controllable elites come from?

ANSWER ME THAT.
---
Whats that? Mmhmm. What? I see. Hmm... WELL **** YOU MR BEAR! YOU SPEAK LIES!!! LIIIIES!!!
#4brawl4funPosted 11/21/2012 5:07:21 PM
thestroggleader posted...

ANSWER ME THAT.

Same Time Post...

STP Man! !!!!
---
#5metroidman92Posted 11/21/2012 5:09:45 PM
The description for the Pit in Halo 3 mentions combat simulations. That, and now that we know Valhalla is on Requiem, it's very possible that the MP from Halo 1, 2, 3, and Reach are all combat sims within the Halo-verse.
---
I'll be in my bunk...
#6NovaLevossidaPosted 11/21/2012 5:10:09 PM
The simulation excuse is rather thin at best, and there's no need to explain why multiplayer exists.

Now, this "multiplayer as Spartan simulation training" stuff will really fall apart when Rocket Race comes out (as if Griff Ball and Odd Ball wouldn't do enough). "Oh, boy, sure glad we trained so much for Rocket Race! Too bad it's the ODSTs who get the rocket launchers with 1000 rockets and mongooses in the Deja Vu vidmaster challenge instead of us Spartans."
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels
#7brawl4funPosted 11/21/2012 5:11:32 PM
metroidman92 posted...
The description for the Pit in Halo 3 mentions combat simulations. That, and now that we know Valhalla is on Requiem, it's very possible that the MP from Halo 1, 2, 3, and Reach are all combat sims within the Halo-verse.

Since when did it confirm Valhalla is on Requiem?

The description for Ragnarok says something along the lines of "Once a site of Spartan Deployment this valley is now used in the Infinity War Games simulation."
---
#8metroidman92Posted 11/21/2012 5:14:34 PM
brawl4fun posted...
metroidman92 posted...

Since when did it confirm Valhalla is on Requiem?

The description for Ragnarok says something along the lines of "Once a site of Spartan Deployment this valley is now used in the Infinity War Games simulation."

If the MP for all 5 games takes place on Infinity's War Games simulation (just guessing here) then it stands to reason that Valhalla is the same War Games program as Ragnarok.

Again, just conjecture here.
---
I'll be in my bunk...
#9TheIastspartanPosted 11/21/2012 5:14:51 PM

ANSWER ME THAT.

Simulation as well. I'm sure a state-of-the-art ship that can replicate entire battlefields, vehicles, and weapons can replicate Elites with no difficulty.
#10brawl4funPosted 11/21/2012 5:17:32 PM
TheIastspartan posted...

ANSWER ME THAT.

Simulation as well. I'm sure a state-of-the-art ship that can replicate entire battlefields, vehicles, and weapons can replicate Elites with no difficulty.

So they pulled an "Avatar" by having you turn into an alien in the sim?
---