ChemicalReaper's review of Halo 4

#1MonkeyMassacrePosted 11/21/2012 6:07:59 PM
Just read ChemicalReaper's little review here. It is actually very well written, but it couldn't be further from being ridiculous. While I understand reviews are opinions, to me it sounds like he doesn't enjoy the game because he well... isn't good at it. He seems to mainly be bashing it because of the multiplayer. I've loved Halo's multiplayer since the beginning, and I think this one is one of the best. It's definitely a step-up from Reach and 3, in my opinion. Nothing will ever beat 2's experience, but I expect nothing ever will.

Also, the audio is oustanding. I'm not sure why this reviewer thinks the soundtrack is terrible. The only tracks I found a little off were the Star Wars-y ones. Otherwise, it was superb and a necessary fresh sound for a new trilogy. Sure, I miss Marty, but this is a new story. The reviewer describes the score as emotionless, where that couldn't be further from the truth. Especially toward the end, I was feeling the gravity of everything happening around me. I had a feeling of dread. Sadness. I don't think a Halo story has ever been this high on an emotional, human level, and the score definitely helped emphasize that.

I advise anyone considering getting Halo 4 to ignore ChemicalReaper's review. Sure, it's worth a read, and while I understand it is opinion, it's heavily skewed and difficult to agree with in most parts. 343 has revived the Halo series. Halo is king again.
---
4 8 15 16 23 42
#2GotThat415SwagPosted 11/21/2012 6:09:51 PM
Lol, chemical reaper is the guy who gave Battlefield 3 a 1/10.
---
XBL: Rimshot 415
#3brawl4funPosted 11/21/2012 6:16:19 PM
GotThat415Swag posted...

Yup. Known troll.

BF3 deserves at LEAST a 9 imo. If you're on PC that is...
---
GT: PeskyBurrito2 I'm Batman (Yes, don't deny it)
Best part of "The Dark Knight Rises" :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ5cH1Dh2G0
#4beedtrackerPosted 11/21/2012 6:19:57 PM
343 did not revive halo
---
http://youtu.be/mzAQu23t19A
#5Crimson681Posted 11/21/2012 6:24:54 PM
I gave this game a 5/10 just based on the graphics only. I mostly game on PC, and I got PC games from 2006 that look better than this.
#6bolandjfPosted 11/21/2012 6:25:26 PM
It was a funny read, at least. It's pretty obvious he's just bad at FPS by the way he complains about Abandon.

This is copypasta directly from his review:
"If one team controls the high ground with DMRs or Battle Rifles, there are literally no angles of attack for the other team to use that don't leave them wide open and exposed to enemy fire."

That's the entire point of holding the high ground, smart guy. Does anyone know if he's genuinely terrible or if he's just trolling for laughs?
#7GotThat415SwagPosted 11/21/2012 6:27:44 PM
brawl4fun posted...
GotThat415Swag posted...

Yup. Known troll.

BF3 deserves at LEAST a 9 imo. If you're on PC that is...

It's not the fact that he didn't like BF3 that bothered me. A 1/10 is the worst score a game can get here; that's putting it on par with Big Rigs: Over The Road Racers and the like. In other words, that's just giving a very negative review for attention.
---
XBL: Rimshot 415
#8MonkeyMassacre(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 5:23:20 PM
beedtracker posted...
343 did not revive halo

I believe they did, honestly. Or at least made it the best 360 exclusive again. Also, that wasn't really my point in this topic, so I don't understand why you felt the need to pick out the one thing you disagree with and simply state your disagreement. Lol.

And I'm glad to know this guy is a troll then, or, like a few of you said, he's just bad at FPS's.
---
4 8 15 16 23 42