why do people like halo 2 so much?

#1sajt007Posted 11/23/2012 1:06:23 PM
i remember everyone hating on it when it came out, now its the best or one of the best halos ever? if i had to pick a least favorite 2 would probably be it.
---
the one and only crazysnake
GT: calcalcal PSN: crazysnake007
#2EmmurePosted 11/23/2012 1:07:14 PM
Who was hating on it? I don't remember that.
#3SunDevil77Posted 11/23/2012 1:07:55 PM
Because it had one of the best multiplayers of all time.
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
#4nathninteyonePosted 11/23/2012 1:08:19 PM
I thought it was everybodys favourite?
#5Wookie_Is_BackPosted 11/23/2012 1:08:41 PM
Nostalgia. Halo 3 fixed what Halo 2 had broken with it, not to mention Forge.

So far Halo 2 is almost in last place for MP.
#6FlufyW0lf3yPosted 11/23/2012 1:09:36 PM
I never played the multiplayer, since I was 9 at the time, but the campaign was honestly just the best thing ever. Except for Halo 3 IMO, but honestly all the glitches you could do, the vast environment, the submerging of every level, and the great story line. It was really just such a great game.

I want them to make an HD version. Really bad.
---
FC White: Claire 3267 4946 2393
#7SeikenZPosted 11/23/2012 1:09:46 PM
Because Dual wielding
#8Mister_LintonPosted 11/23/2012 1:12:15 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Because it had one of the first xbox live multiplayers of all time.

fixed. Rose colored nostalgia glasses of your first online experience doesn't make it the best.
#9Wookie_Is_BackPosted 11/23/2012 1:14:24 PM
Mister_Linton posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Because it had one of the first xbox live multiplayers of all time.

fixed. Rose colored nostalgia glasses of your first online experience doesn't make it the best.

Yea because it's not like XBL was started in 2002 and plenty of games had MP right
#10OLDBOYviciousPosted 11/23/2012 1:16:16 PM
Halo 2 was the first introduction to real Halo multiplayer, (aside from Halo 1 LAN parities and PC link ups ... which btw there are some awesome vids of physics exploits haha)

It was also really awesome to have a sequel, finally, looking forward to playing as MC again is an anticipatory experience I dont think will ever be matched.

The way Halo 2 ended, you knew there was going to be a sequel, and without spoilers, I remember playing through the entire thing with a few friends, and right as the last cutscene blacked out, I made the joke "Wouldn't that be the ****iest thing ever if it just ended and was all like 'see Master Chief return in Halo 3'" and then it really did end and we were so pissed off lol.

The game had its flaws, but nostalgia is like a gold plating, and the time that passes is a polish that makes it shinier and shinier in your memory.

In online play, it seemed that people were just more social and having more fun, it wasn't as much about ranking up as it was about just getting online and playing.

In my opinion, it is more about the FEELING of Halo 2 that, in retrospect, makes it the fondest memory of the Halo series, because as an over-all experience, it was more fun than I have ever had in a video game.

Players are looking for that experience to be repeated, but its kind of like watching The Matrix for a second time... you will never again have that "OMG" revelation moment because you already know what happens.
---
DEFEND YOUR 7-11 ! ! ! ! ! C'mon, Spartans, those Doritos aren't going to eat themselves ! We need an Or-Dew-nance drop on crimson's position NOW !