why do people like halo 2 so much?

#81JStewVGMPosted 11/26/2012 9:58:29 AM
sajt007 posted...
i remember everyone hating on it when it came out, now its the best or one of the best halos ever? if i had to pick a least favorite 2 would probably be it.

I don't remember anyone hating it....it was one of the longest living large multiplayer communities up to date.
#82akanakinPosted 11/28/2012 10:23:53 PM
People saying nostalgia really just don't get it.

How fun Halo is to play online more or less directly correlates to how awesome and how varied the maps are. Not only did Halo 2 have the best maps (many remade or reenvisioned for Halo 3, one even included in an entirely Halo CE remake), but the variety in the maps were astounding. Not to mention, we ended up getting something like four map packs with 3-4 maps included in each... by the end we got about 13-15 extra maps instead of something like 9 over the course of the last two games. AND they were FREE. Or, they were if you waited a bit, anyway.

Nope. I don't think it has to do with nostalgia. The maps were perfect, and dual wielding was fun.

I remember going back to Halo 2 multiple times until they shut down the servers when ODST came out.
---
[[[|||||]]][[[[[]]]]This is confusion.[[[||||||]]][[[[[]]]||||
]]][[[||||]]][[[||Am I confusing you?]]]]][[[[|||[[[[]]]]]
#83lord_wazooPosted 11/28/2012 11:37:42 PM
XeroShinobi posted...
It's because the people who were impressionable 8-12-year-olds back then find the game nostalgic now.

Halo has been getting progressively better over the years. It started off pretty mediocre and has evolved into something decent.

this is easily one of the most idiotic things i have seen posted in a while. halo started out mediocre and progressively got better? i understand people are entitled to their opinions, but damn....
---
Scutchyy
#84xninjagrrlPosted 11/29/2012 5:37:27 AM
lord_wazoo posted...
XeroShinobi posted...
It's because the people who were impressionable 8-12-year-olds back then find the game nostalgic now.

Halo has been getting progressively better over the years. It started off pretty mediocre and has evolved into something decent.

this is easily one of the most idiotic things i have seen posted in a while. halo started out mediocre and progressively got better? i understand people are entitled to their opinions, but damn....

Jeez I was early 20's when Halo 2 came out and if anything, the halo games have been getting progressively worse.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.