If you hang back and pick people off with the DMR, you're part of the problem.

#41That1GuyyPosted 11/23/2012 4:00:10 PM
HybridSnake posted...
Never said it wasn't affected by everything else.

Your posts insinuate that the gun made Halo 2 imbalanced.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#42TwoNumbThumbsPosted 11/23/2012 4:06:16 PM
SPARTAN_D7 posted...
If you can't navigate a map without standing in the open, derping around and getting DMR'd to death YOU are part of the problem. I have no problem making it into the other teams spawn for some close combat and wrecking havoc behind enemy lines.

---
Forgive me. I have a bleeding heart for gaming.
Weeping Angel of the Doctor Who boards
#43DuwstaiPosted 11/23/2012 4:06:42 PM
The maps and lack of having to move for power weapons are the real problem.

You dont see people sitting back and camping on Haven.

But yeah, when you have some huge ass wide open map, and no power weapons to go fight for... no one is going to run out in the open. It was the same damn thing in every Halo game.

CE was the pistol, H2 was the BR with no spread. H3 was the first game to try and combat this by giving you a BR that was inconsistent and terrible at range. I hated that god damn thing.

Just make maps that arent terrible and give people a reason to move. No one is going to move around the map when you have sight lines on the entire map, and get power weapons personally dropped to you. So all people do is find a power position on the map and camp.

You couldnt really do that in other Halo games Why? Two reasons.

1. The maps were better. They werent huge and barren landscapes. You couldnt find one position on the map that had sightlines everywhere.

2. And most importantly, you couldnt camp in one spot. Why? Because if you did, the other team would pick up one of those power weapons that spawn every minute or two and kick your ass out of there. You had to constantly be on the move to fight for those power weapons.

The ordinance drop thing is a cool idea, but unfortunately it ruins the flow of the game.Theres absolutely no reason for people to leave their camping spot.
---
balls
#44HybridSnakePosted 11/23/2012 4:07:48 PM
That1Guyy posted...
HybridSnake posted...
Never said it wasn't affected by everything else.

Your posts insinuate that the gun made Halo 2 imbalanced.

Nah. I was just saying that the Halo 2 BR with double/quad shot, BxR and double melees > Halo 4 DMR.
---
"I prefer to call armour lock "an admission of failure" " - jimmytheballs
Xbox Live Gamertag - Blue Idiot
#45DJ_GunnerPosted 11/23/2012 4:10:50 PM
iRGush posted...
The DMR is stupid in the way that 343 made the game. There is no incentive to ever push anymore because theres no weapons, not to mention that theres flinch in scope and an incredible amount of aim assist.

Mostly this. Aim assist is on par with Halo 2, replacing the de-scope mechanic with flinch, was a bad move (but not gamebreaking)....but the lack of timed static power weapons changes gameplay on such a fundamental level that it really should be revisted. Why bother ever leaving your base on Solace when you can just teamshoot into the other team's snipe spawn?

I don't think the maps are bad as some are saying. Complex is total trash but the other four are not awful. Without power weapon spawns, though, there's no flow or real point in setting up outside your spawn.
---
"Aren't you the guy that bought expensive HDMI cables claiming cheap ones funded terrorism?" -The Killer 5
#46Vincent_CorePosted 11/23/2012 4:12:16 PM
This is pathetic. Can't anyone ever voice their opinions without everyone else acting like a tool? Is it really that big a deal that some people doesn't like every aspect of Halo 4?
---
Learn to fight against your weak side and you'll naturally become stronger.
#47Falius_DraigonPosted 11/23/2012 4:36:29 PM(edited)
Personally, I love all the people that hang back with the DMR. They tend to form nice little lines that I can plow through with a warthog.

As for the weapon spawns, it's a double edged sword. Sure, there's not as much reason to go rushing out, but it also keeps the weapon campers from dominating every game. I don't miss getting hit with a sniper rifle every time I spawn like in H3 and Reach.

---
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Draigon
#48Orange_ApplePosted 11/23/2012 4:34:50 PM
HybridSnake posted...
You're right. What the BR had was a couple of glitches that made it even more dominant.

And that was balanced by the ridiculous lunge on the sword. The crazy homing ability of the plasma pistol. The homing of the rockets. The aim assist on the sniper. The power of the dual magnums.

Stop looking at the gun like it's some closed system that isn't affected by everything else in the game.

That is what balanced the BR? Lol.
---
ApC/AbT
Cheese Nips, AMIRITE?
#49DuwstaiPosted 11/23/2012 4:42:26 PM
HybridSnake posted...
You're right. What the BR had was a couple of glitches that made it even more dominant.

And that was balanced by the ridiculous lunge on the sword. The crazy homing ability of the plasma pistol. The homing of the rockets. The aim assist on the sniper. The power of the dual magnums.

Stop looking at the gun like it's some closed system that isn't affected by everything else in the game.

That is what balanced the BR? Lol.

Yes, all the weapons were insanely powerful.

I never saw a single person not pick up the sword, or plasma pistol because they had a BR.

In this game I run past shotguns and other power weapons all the time because I spawn with an instant kill cannon in my back pocket.
---
balls
#50ParanoidObsessivePosted 11/23/2012 5:05:17 PM
HybridSnake posted...
http://gearcrave.frsucrave.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/halo-1.jpg

Would like a word with you.

I can honestly say that the vast majority of my Halo 1 victories came in matches where I spent most of my time cross-map headhunting with the pistol.

And most of my losses came from getting picked off by the sniper rifle on Blood Gulch or Battle Creek.

---
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family