If you hang back and pick people off with the DMR, you're part of the problem.

#51SithLordHomerPosted 11/23/2012 5:14:16 PM
12345sniperz123 posted...
do you remember playing N64 goldeneye MP, now that was a fun time.

---
"An ant has no quarrel with a boot."
#52vohniePosted 11/23/2012 5:23:49 PM
Halo CE = Pistol
Halo 2 = BR
Halo 3 = BR
Halo 4 = DMR

The AR has never been a smart choice at anything other than close range in any Halo. The funny thing is that this game is much closer to the original Halo with the DMR resembling the Pistol albeit less powerful. I actually think that this game is the best iteration of the AR due to Armor abilities like Active Cammo, sprinting, and the buffs you get from ordinance drops.

Have you tried jumping while you sprint? You go flying across the map. What Halo has always been about is getting the jump on your opponent, and Halo 4 has given us the most tools to do so of any Halo before.
#53Urdnot_RuntPosted 11/23/2012 5:33:58 PM(edited)
What a crappy topic

If anything, its more of a return to halo: ce as the DMR is reminiscent of the pistol in CE which is why the DMR was introduced in the first place in Reach

EDIT:

vohnie posted...
Halo CE = Pistol
Halo 2 = BR
Halo 3 = BR
Halo 4 = DMR

The AR has never been a smart choice at anything other than close range in any Halo. The funny thing is that this game is much closer to the original Halo with the DMR resembling the Pistol albeit less powerful. I actually think that this game is the best iteration of the AR due to Armor abilities like Active Cammo, sprinting, and the buffs you get from ordinance drops.

Have you tried jumping while you sprint? You go flying across the map. What Halo has always been about is getting the jump on your opponent, and Halo 4 has given us the most tools to do so of any Halo before.

In other words, ^^this^^
#54mahgah91Posted 11/23/2012 5:30:20 PM
How on earth were the pistol in Halo and BR different?
#55ParanoidObsessivePosted 11/23/2012 5:37:17 PM
vohnie posted...

I was in a game of Flood the other day, and one of the Flood players jumped off a ledge, boosted in mid-air directly at the tower I was standing on, flew about three feet to my left, sideswiped me with their sword for the kill, and then went flying over a cliff to their death.

I didn't even know that was possible until after it happened.

---
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family
#56Leitchy117Posted 11/23/2012 6:31:08 PM
killkount posted...
The fact that you quoted Metallica makes your whole post stupid

Nah, Metallica is better at life than you'll ever be, kid.

---
"Get out of your topic." - Eixrer
"Vuroja can only hope to be as manly as Sir Graav someday." -LucaGoers
#57SeikenZPosted 11/23/2012 6:47:35 PM
Duwstai posted...
HybridSnake posted...
You're right. What the BR had was a couple of glitches that made it even more dominant.

And that was balanced by the ridiculous lunge on the sword. The crazy homing ability of the plasma pistol. The homing of the rockets. The aim assist on the sniper. The power of the dual magnums.

Stop looking at the gun like it's some closed system that isn't affected by everything else in the game.

That is what balanced the BR? Lol.

Yes, all the weapons were insanely powerful.

I never saw a single person not pick up the sword, or plasma pistol because they had a BR.

In this game I run past shotguns and other power weapons all the time because I spawn with an instant kill cannon in my back pocket.

True, also when I join a game in progress, aside from the horribly losing team I got placed on, I just leave most of the time because all the weapons on the map are already taken and I'm stuck with plain old DMR as usual. Gets boring fast.
#58KingOfAsiaPosted 11/23/2012 6:50:12 PM
GaMeFrEaK316 posted...
Halo has always been about guns, grenades, and melee. These three things worked so well because of map movement and balanced weapons.

The DMR has thrown everything off. 343 forgot what the true essence of Halo gameplay was in their attempt to make this game as Call of Duty-ish as possible.

I am sickened and disgusted. The good old days of timing a grenade just right or finishing off an AR burst with a melee are long gone, long gone.

Halo 4's current score on metacritic.com: 87

Says it all really.

For reference, Bungie's main Halo games:

Halo: Combat Evolved - 97
Halo 2 - 95
Halo 3 - 94

As the great James Hetfield once said, "Sad but true"

HAHAHAH bad player, you're one of those players who charge in and die :) Noob
#59jpraelsterPosted 11/23/2012 7:07:27 PM
You do realize that bungie added the dmr in reach
#60JackalfoxPosted 11/23/2012 7:10:01 PM
Forgive me for having a different playstyle than yours.
---
Now Playing - Assassin's Creed III (360), Assassin's Creed (360), Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360)