Does Cortana have a soul?

#301BeefEasterPosted 11/28/2012 10:27:33 AM
the real question is; does cortana have a hole?
#302Sniper_BrosefPosted 11/28/2012 10:29:47 AM
PEOPLE

go watch the futurama episode: "A Clockwork Origin." It sums up this debate as perfectly as anything ive ever seen...
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#303Linctagon7Posted 11/28/2012 11:18:07 AM
First the universe was "infinite" and everyone agreed. Then the universe was sphere shaped and everyone agreed. Then is was cylindrically shaped and everyone agreed. Then it was layered and everyone agreed. Then it was flat and everyone agreed. Now it's saddle shaped and everyone agrees. I wonder what the next shape will be when these great minds who can perfectly understand the inner workings of the universe without so much as being able to prove it under their own power by way of physical experimentation contradict their own "theory" yet again.

I'm not even a religious person but the point I'm trying to make is that theoretical science and religion are much the same. Fallacy upon fallacy, contradiction upon contradiction.

I'll leave it at that.
#304Raider0996Posted 11/28/2012 11:31:16 AM
Linctagon7 posted...
I'm not even a religious person but the point I'm trying to make is that theoretical science and religion are much the same. Fallacy upon fallacy, contradiction upon contradiction.

Except they aren't.
---
GamerTag: SirEzhno
#305Sniper_BrosefPosted 11/28/2012 11:36:51 AM
Raider0996 posted...
Linctagon7 posted...

Except they aren't.

Good point...I love how people argue on here! LOL, someone writes a dissenting opinion only to get the retort, "Nope, youre wrong!"
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#306XioJenesisPosted 11/28/2012 11:39:27 AM
@ Linctagon

Science goes by facts. As more evidence is found, things tend to change. Get used to it.

Religion is based on fear. Get them while they are young, then they turn into, well, you.
---
Your God is as real as the Tooth Fairy. Deal with it.
#307BeefEasterPosted 11/28/2012 11:40:04 AM
well, most of the time the person IS wrong and it's obvious so there is no argument needed
#308Asherlee10Posted 11/28/2012 11:42:15 AM
BeefEaster posted...
well, most of the time the person IS wrong and it's obvious so there is no argument needed

The one person it needs to be explained to is the person that is supposedly wrong. When you make a claim or refute a claim, explain why and back it up with sources.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
http://i.imgur.com/FwBee.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/nfZQy.jpg
#309BeefEasterPosted 11/28/2012 11:44:22 AM
Asherlee10 posted...
BeefEaster posted...

The one person it needs to be explained to is the person that is supposedly wrong. When you make a claim or refute a claim, explain why and back it up with sources.

no point in that

the person you're arguing with won't listen to reason and even if you do prove your point they'll be stubborn and deny it
#310Raider0996Posted 11/28/2012 11:44:55 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Good point...I love how people argue on here! LOL, someone writes a dissenting opinion only to get the retort, "Nope, youre wrong!"

Other people have explained in the thread already how religion and science are not at all the same. Science expands or completely changes depending on what actually happens in the world. Modern science is intentionally set up to be self-defeating and argued with to ensure that change and growth happens.

Religions are based on books and writings which are thousands of years old and can never change by their own set of rules. Modern religions are never meant to be argued with. It isn't a search for new things, it's a strict adherence to the past or you're excommunicated or killed.

They aren't the same and if anyone needs that explained to them then they obviously lack any critical thinking skills whatsoever.
---
GamerTag: SirEzhno