Does Cortana have a soul?

#331tiamat8917Posted 11/28/2012 1:42:27 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...

What about this says fact to you? Also, why do "believers in science" completely throw out the possiblilty of intelligent design? Is it so hard to believe that an intelligent creator planted the seeds of life and allowed it to evolve to where we are today?

And on one of these planets, whose distance was just right from the sun. Whose planet consisted of perfect conditions to support life happened to have a crystal mutate into a living one cell organism and slowly evolved into EVERY different creature on the planet?

We throw out intelligent design because at the moment all "theories" of it are completely un-falsifiable. Also it presupposes some intelligent designer(such as a god) when none have been shown to exist. Also completely natural means explains how we got here perfectly fine.

It wasn't that conditions on earth were perfect, it was that they were good enough that life could be started and then life adjusted itself to fit earth. Also wasn't crystals. We know of hundreds of planets that could possibly hold the same conditions as earth.
---
|h |e | n | t | a | i
My Anti-Drug. Gamertag - tiamat89 http://myanimelist.net/animelist/lychanking
#332tiamat8917Posted 11/28/2012 1:47:49 PM
Linctagon7 posted...
Obviously there is something else that allows life that even science cannot explain.

In all organic living beings there is an "energy" that science cannot explain. That is the important thing. Once that "energy" has left the body comepletely it is gone and never returns.

On a final note, we must be careful when speaking of science. Always remember that science is made up of two worlds. Practical science and theoreitcal science.

In many cases science and religion are just two different end of the same spectrum. What makes scientific theory any more correct than religious theory? Neither can be proven outright.

You obviously don't know what theory means in science. It's not some wild guess, but proven facts put together to explain some phenomena. What energy are you talking about? Where is your evidence of this energy? I've seen absoluletly no evidence of any such energy anywhere. It's insulting to equate religious theory and scientific theory.

Linctagon7 posted...

False. Scientific theory cannot be factually demonstrated. That is exactly why it is called theory. I didn't say science. I said theoretical science and I explained the difference in detail. What you are talking about is practical science.

Impossible. Like Stephen Hawking saying that the universe literally created itself from nothingness, while not even existing yet. And when challenged on where energy originated from to enable this process he said "The energy came from nowhere." Nowhere? Seriously? That seems like the words of a man with no other explenation and no way to prove his statement.

Look up scientific theory, it's quite obvious you don't understand what exactly it is. Or the understanding of a man who is much, much smarter than you. A man that is quite possibly the smartest man on earth. Who studies a field of science that literally takes years to just get a grasp of it's basic underlyings.

Sniper_Brosef posted...

Not only are you saying religions condone killing but that they practice it regularly?!? Give me some examples please. By the way im not talking about a mercy killing by a father. Im talking an official letter or statement by the church that condones murder... Ill save you the time, you wont find one unless your looking into satanic/demon worshippers. I think we can both agree that they dont really fall into the same category.

People being burned as witches in Africa, Christians bombing abortion clinics, anything westboro baptist church does, Catholic churches condoning of rape, the people the Muslims have killed(or tried to kill) because they said a couple bad things about their prophet.
---
|h |e | n | t | a | i
My Anti-Drug. Gamertag - tiamat89 http://myanimelist.net/animelist/lychanking
#333Raider0996Posted 11/28/2012 1:50:25 PM(edited)
Sniper_Brosef posted...
As to the bolded part: You are talking about religious extremists, they exist in every "group" and aren't just seeded in religion. NTM the state of Israel was created after WW2, they werent just sent there by the british to kill Palestinians to acquire their country.

Also you said there are still mass sanctioned killings but listed no examples....do you have any?

You can call them extremists all you want, but that's only your opinion. They are a de facto (and quasi-de jure) government supported by the majority of western nations and upheld by the UN as well. Just because you think they're extreme doesn't change that they have a whole country and are favoured in the international political world. They believe what they're doing is correct; does it make them right, or wrong? No, it makes them people who believe they are 'right.' Whether you like it or not, their entire ongoing campaign against Palestine is a legal sanctioned ethnic and religious purge. The fact that you discount it only indicates that you are not interested in examples that counter what you claim; which I would sincerely hope no one ever does.

Raider0996 posted...

You show zero respect towards others and then dont understand why they become offended? You can throw as many insults toward me as you like, it wont affect my day at all! Im just telling you why people become offended when you post the way you do, it shows a clear lack of respect toward others. A lack of respect is offensive...Im just going to leave this part of our discussion here, youll never convince me to use disrespect as a tool in an argument.

No, it is your perception through poor understanding of what is said that makes you believe that you have been 'dissed.' I've already explained this several times over but I will say it one more time; a reasonably prudent person would take it upon themselves, when an observation is made about them, to understand the meaning and intent to either illustrate that it is untrue or grow their own understanding of themselves. They would not get emotionally distraught and call it an insult when no actual insults are used; that is illogical and makes no sense. If it truly did not affect you, if you simply did not care about it, you would not be making an issue of it as you are now.

Additionally, 'people' are not offended by me. That is what is called a strawman argument. You are the only one, out of this entire board, who has been upset over what I've said. It is just you. Did you ever stop to consider the possibility, that I have been repeating several times, that you are getting upset for no reason and not logically trying to understand the situation? I do not believe you have. I believe it was Aristotle who said "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

The move is yours, sir.
---
GamerTag: SirEzhno
#334Sniper_BrosefPosted 11/28/2012 1:50:52 PM
tiamat8917 posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...

What about this says fact to you? Also, why do "believers in science" completely throw out the possiblilty of intelligent design? Is it so hard to believe that an intelligent creator planted the seeds of life and allowed it to evolve to where we are today?

And on one of these planets, whose distance was just right from the sun. Whose planet consisted of perfect conditions to support life happened to have a crystal mutate into a living one cell organism and slowly evolved into EVERY different creature on the planet?

We throw out intelligent design because at the moment all "theories" of it are completely un-falsifiable. Also it presupposes some intelligent designer(such as a god) when none have been shown to exist. Also completely natural means explains how we got here perfectly fine.

It wasn't that conditions on earth were perfect, it was that they were good enough that life could be started and then life adjusted itself to fit earth. Also wasn't crystals. We know of hundreds of planets that could possibly hold the same conditions as earth.

The whole point of science is to keep that open mind though. Its what continues to fuel the constant itch to discover!

As far as the post about Earth, we only know of planets that are of a similar size and are a similar distance from a similar star...We dont know if they have water, oxygen, etc...Also i was just using Richard Dawkins theory on the creation of life, which he stated was due to a mutation in crystals
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#335Sniper_BrosefPosted 11/28/2012 2:08:13 PM
Raider0996 posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
As to the bolded part: You are talking about religious extremists, they exist in every "group" and aren't just seeded in religion. NTM the state of Israel was created after WW2, they werent just sent there by the british to kill Palestinians to acquire their country.

Also you said there are still mass sanctioned killings but listed no examples....do you have any?

You can call them extremists all you want, but that's only your opinion. They are a de facto (and quasi-de jure) government supported by the majority of western nations and upheld by the UN as well. Just because you think they're extreme doesn't change that they have a whole country and are favoured in the international political world. They believe what they're doing is correct; does it make them right, or wrong? No, it makes them people who believe they are 'right.' Whether you like it or not, their entire ongoing campaign against Palestine is a legal sanctioned ethnic and religious purge. The fact that you discount it only indicates that you are not interested in examples that counter what you claim; which I would sincerely hope no one ever does.

Is "they" in your post Israel? I'm going to assume they are so let me know if they aren't.

Your argument took a huge turn! You're not talking about religion anymore, your talking about a government and theyre actions. Israel isn't run by Judaism or are you suggesting that just because theyre religion is judaism that the actions are sanctioned by the church? If its the latter then would you consider the actions of the US sanctioned by Christianity because our president is Christian?
---
#336starlin17Posted 11/28/2012 2:12:01 PM
TheApd_Returns posted...
jpraelster posted...
BigRobb2389 posted...
Do humans have souls?

Yeah

No

Your sentience is the product of millions of chemical processes.

Anything about spirituality or souls is severely overestimating your own worth.

Assuming that our entire existence is limited by your current understanding is overestimating your knowledge.
---
xbox GT: StarlinX
#337Sniper_BrosefPosted 11/28/2012 2:15:52 PM
starlin17 posted...
TheApd_Returns posted...
jpraelster posted...
BigRobb2389 posted...
Do humans have souls?

Yeah

No

Your sentience is the product of millions of chemical processes.

Anything about spirituality or souls is severely overestimating your own worth.

Assuming that our entire existence is limited by your current understanding is overestimating your knowledge.

lol, i cant believe i didnt think of this! Good point!!! haha, i also cant believe it took about 300 posts for someone to think of it...
---
#338BeefEasterPosted 11/28/2012 3:26:25 PM
my cat's breath smells like cat food
#339docholliday504Posted 11/28/2012 3:30:36 PM
When I was in high school we used to play paper scissors rock for Souls. I've got like 6 souls.
---
Wii Number: 2350 5528 3593 6022
PSN ID: docholliday504 Gamertag: docholliday504 Now Playing...Madden 2013, Dark Souls, Halo 4
#340Raider0996Posted 11/28/2012 3:36:12 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Your argument took a huge turn! You're not talking about religion anymore, your talking about a government and theyre actions. Israel isn't run by Judaism or are you suggesting that just because theyre religion is judaism that the actions are sanctioned by the church? If its the latter then would you consider the actions of the US sanctioned by Christianity because our president is Christian?

No, you are incorrect. The Judaism is the guiding basis for the entire establishment of Israel. They do not keep church and state apart like the US tries to do. Their law is based on Judaism as well as their entire society. Not all governments abstain from religious integration.

If you can sit there and say that Israel isn't run by Judaism then you really have no knowledge of the history of this region or the current State of Israel.
---
GamerTag: SirEzhno