Does Cortana have a soul?

#71ShadowSkill11Posted 11/24/2012 10:28:02 AM
Nothing has a soul. You are just a biological computer. The concept of a soul is just as outdated as when people thought the element of fire warms the blood.
#72TheApd_ReturnsPosted 11/24/2012 10:35:10 AM
atreyu27 posted...
Trying to be scientific about souls is foolish. There is no way humans can understand something like a "soul". Keep thinking you can think your way and explain everything is naive and foolish. There is no right answer. Science does not make it a fact, because science is man-made. Some things you can't explain but you know they are alive and real.

the **** did i just read?

they made a song for people like you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs
#73SythisTaruPosted 11/24/2012 10:44:28 AM
A soul has nothing to do with religion.
#74Urdnot_RuntPosted 11/24/2012 11:17:26 AM
TheApd_Returns posted...
jpraelster posted...
BigRobb2389 posted...
Do humans have souls?

Yeah

No

Your sentience is the product of millions of chemical processes.

Anything about spirituality or souls is severely overestimating your own worth.

^^This.

However in the Halo universe, It's made pretty obvious through the narrative that the writers see her as being able to think and feel exactly like we do. Same with legion in Mass Effect
#75Urdnot_RuntPosted 11/24/2012 11:24:47 AM(edited)
TiamatKiller posted...

And what about the mind?

The mind is just as fleeting and temporary as the the image an overhead projector projects when there is a slide, its in focus, and all the parts are working correctly.

Damage the parts, the image gets blurry. Cut off the power, no image on the screen.

Damage the parts of the brain, the mind gets fuzzy. Cut off the power to there brain, there is no more mind.
#76chickenwaxPosted 11/24/2012 11:31:03 AM
Who cares?
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.10
#77xTreefiddy350xPosted 11/24/2012 11:31:41 AM
Lol this is hilarious. Religious kids getting butthurt that their soul theory is false, so instead just complain that atheist ruin everything.

The soul was an idea invented before anyone knew how the brain worked. It's completely irrelevant in todays world.
#78DiamondDogsPosted 11/24/2012 11:37:34 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#79Urdnot_RuntPosted 11/24/2012 11:37:38 AM
xTreefiddy350x posted...
Lol this is hilarious. Religious kids getting butthurt that their soul theory is false, so instead just complain that atheist ruin everything.

The soul was an idea invented before anyone knew how the brain worked. It's completely irrelevant in todays world.

Exactly. In other related news, the earth is confirmed NOT to be the center of the universe, more at 11.

It's no different than thinking that someone who go struck by lightning in the middle of the field HAD to have pissed off a higher power because they didn't understand how electricity works yet and that lightning strikes the highest thing.
#80SteelToothPosted 11/24/2012 11:38:42 AM
Mr_Feesh posted...
Well, I tried.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OyjnkblYGUQ/TgTaR0B7mcI/AAAAAAAAAJo/zoqzFJ6uY8Y/s1600/The_Future_Refused_to_Change_by_LegacyCrono.jpg

Creeeeeeeeeeeepy.
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg