Halo 4 Multiplayer Help

#11xBiophagexPosted 11/24/2012 2:06:52 PM
Focus on not dying rather than getting kills, and don't engage if you don't know if you'll win. However I'd suggest playing H3 and H1-2 on PC as they're vastly better games.
#12trashy345Posted 11/24/2012 2:07:47 PM
Aim for the head with a DMR, BR, or laser rifle in the open field for best results (just in case you are still spraying and praying). Also, be mindful of cover. DO NOT run around out in the open or you will die badly and often. Use armor abilities that suit the map and your playing style. For instance, jetpacks are best used as shortcuts to upper levels or to peak over cover and finish a fleeing/hiding enemy, or holograms should be sent out before you break cover to distract enemies, and auto-turrets should be deployed in a place with a wide field view or at a choke point. Stick with your teammates. Even if they suck (and they usually do), they'll make good bait if you lag behind them. Play defensively with vehicles and use them at choke points where it'll be hard to come at you without being cut down.
#13xBiophagexPosted 11/24/2012 2:26:09 PM
Despite what others have said, I would also suggest not sticking with your team. You don't actually have to be physically near them to be supportive. In this game, a huddle of people will only cause the enemy team to get kills that much faster. I'll cite my 2.5 kdr as proof.
#14BlindSquirrel78Posted 11/24/2012 4:30:57 PM
Another thing to try is vary your loadouts to fit different situations, maps, and enemy play styles. For example, a DMR/plasma pistol on large maps with vehicles, Assault Rifle/BR for smaller ones. Other team being aggressive? Use hologram to draw their fire and flank. Playing KoH? Auto sentry may help. Just examples, but the point is don't just stick with favorites, be strategic.
---
XBL: echo21
#15WebstedgePosted 11/24/2012 4:36:45 PM
xplayer55 posted...
One step to get a high kill to death ratio:
- Don't worry about what your K/D is and play the game.

This is actually very, very true

Not freaking out when you start a match 0-3 and just playing will result in you gradually improving. It might take time but that's how it is, don't worry, have fun, and you'll see the results
---
https://p.twimg.com/AirgRzVCEAAPBp6.jpg
#16WebstedgePosted 11/24/2012 4:38:11 PM
xBiophagex posted...
Despite what others have said, I would also suggest not sticking with your team. You don't actually have to be physically near them to be supportive. In this game, a huddle of people will only cause the enemy team to get kills that much faster. I'll cite my 2.5 kdr as proof.

I'm not so sure about this advice. You're obviously really good and maybe that's why this strategy works for you, but for those with KD's below 2.5 I don't think lone wolfing it is the best strategy at all
---
https://p.twimg.com/AirgRzVCEAAPBp6.jpg
#17jenovaPosted 11/24/2012 4:39:25 PM
The most important Halo tip is to stay on school and learn to type like a big boy. It's "you," not "u," you chuckleheads. No wonder you have negative K/D ratios, you're functionally illiterate.
---
Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh; fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding a simple ending without DLC...
#18bd0g5Posted 11/24/2012 4:43:27 PM
Sahduk posted...
dont forget to teebag

This is the only good advice so far, ignore the other horrible players posting "advice".
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo