Reclaimer Solo Legendary. How in the world do you get past this?

#11Ephidel88Posted 11/24/2012 7:05:49 PM
I don't know if it's just different in Legendary than Heroic, but I didn't kill anything in Heroic except for one ghost before I went up the lift.

I climbed the backside of the mountain with the jetpack and the lift was right there so I took it. I didn't have a worthog left either. It took a couple tries to get up there, but I would suggest trying that.

Also, I lucked out pretty good, in that when jumping out of the ship, I was able to jump onto the wraith to take it out quickly.
---
I am the rocks of the eternal shore...crash against me and be broken!
GT: Deadly Mantodea
#12Booty_CallPosted 11/24/2012 7:08:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#13Booty_CallPosted 11/24/2012 7:08:50 PM
Steal a wraith at the beginning. Easiest survival ever.
---
"Oh bother," said Pooh as he chambered his last round.
#14PidgeonPeasant(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 7:10:12 PM
Booty_Call posted...

*holds up flame shield* I still cant figure out how to do this. I am only given the option to melee it or grenade it lol. Mind sharing how you exactly hi-jack it?
#15Who_ate_the_piePosted 11/24/2012 7:12:34 PM(edited)
You have to hop in the gunner seat by being directly over it (provided it isn't occupied) which will force the driver out. Shoot him, then get out and you should be able to operate it by just hold X while next to it.
---
I don't care.
#16devil mingyPosted 11/24/2012 7:15:14 PM(edited)
Get into the turret. That forces the driver out.

Alternatively, speed runners found a wonderful way to skip over the Lich fight entirely:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytkk8jomiiM#t=8m11s

Takes a bit of practice with the jetpack, but extremely handy. There's also a nice skip for Sniper Alley in there, too, but it's less reliable.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#17Great ScottPosted 11/24/2012 7:15:58 PM
PidgeonPeasant posted...
Booty_Call posted...

*holds up flame shield* I still cant figure out how to do this. I am only given the option to melee it or grenade it lol. Mind sharing how you exactly hi-jack it?

Hijacking a Wraith honestly sucks. I was doing this last night on Legendary solo in the second part of the mission to get the achievement. You have to either shoot the gunner off, or find one without a gunner. THEN, you need to be right on the gunner seat and get in. This gets the driver out. Kill him from the gunner seat, hop out, hop in driver seat.

The hardest part is actually getting in the gunner seat. They back up just fast enough so you can't actually get on top.
I got lucky and had a checkpoint right in front of a wraith where it turned and boosted at me. I jumped and jetpacked backwards and got in the gunner seat that way.
#18Who_ate_the_piePosted 11/24/2012 7:17:26 PM
Great Scott posted...
Hijacking a Wraith honestly sucks. I was doing this last night on Legendary solo in the second part of the mission to get the achievement. You have to either shoot the gunner off, or find one without a gunner. THEN, you need to be right on the gunner seat and get in. This gets the driver out. Kill him from the gunner seat, hop out, hop in driver seat.

The hardest part is actually getting in the gunner seat. They back up just fast enough so you can't actually get on top.
I got lucky and had a checkpoint right in front of a wraith where it turned and boosted at me. I jumped and jetpacked backwards and got in the gunner seat that way.

Or just you know, keep blasting it with EMP bursts from a Plasma Pistol. A hundred times easier that way.
---
I don't care.
#19PidgeonPeasant(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 7:19:34 PM
Ok after ARing a few ghosts it randomly told me to board the ship while wraiths and ghosts still covered the area. Thanks a ton for the advice guys xD.
#20Great ScottPosted 11/24/2012 8:12:35 PM
Who_ate_the_pie posted...
Or just you know, keep blasting it with EMP bursts from a Plasma Pistol. A hundred times easier that way.

I admit I was a bit stubborn. But I was stuck at the checkpoint without it and scavenging for one wasn't really possible at that point.:\