So did 343 even test their own game?

#11High_WarlordPosted 11/24/2012 8:53:40 PM
Developers don't test video games anymore. Why waste money on that? That's what customers are for. We pay THEM to test their games for them. Duh.

Yes, this is a joke post, before someone who doesn't understand sarcasm reads this.
---
A human mage, elf archer and dwarf warrior walk into a bar.
Now loading, please wait...
#12builder111Posted 11/24/2012 8:57:15 PM
kansas_cty_shfl posted...
What's really unacceptable is that many people playing on the same T.V.

obviously never played 4 player Goldeneye back in the day
#13kinggoldfingerPosted 11/24/2012 8:58:31 PM
builder111 posted...

Word brotha, word.
---
The Princess is in another Castle.
Punching trees gives me wood.
#14huerito323Posted 11/24/2012 9:02:23 PM
builder111 posted...

Awesome memories, but that was back in the day. I can't play splitscreen anymore, I just can't stand it.
#15sampama226Posted 11/24/2012 9:04:29 PM
Its not their fault... xbox can't handle current games, they would've had to decrease the graphics significantly. If you played this game on a next generation xbox, 3 or 4 player split screen would be fine.
---
The Statement Below is True
The Statement Above is False
#16VirtrudianPosted 11/24/2012 9:05:25 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Nope, went straight from coding, to disc, to consumers.

I lol'd. Literally.
---
Official Ash Ketchum of the ACIII boards.
PSN - Otherside7
#17IcefrioPosted 11/24/2012 9:06:20 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Icefrio posted...
If Reach was any indication, they (MS, Bungie, 343, pretty much any 360 dev) don't really care about couch Co-op anymore. Or LAN. It's quite sad, but yeah, don't expect anything to be done about it. They'll happily sacrifice splitscreen play for better graphics, since the latter sells better.

That's not fair, most games still play fantastic with 2 players. 4 players with incredible graphics is simply just difficult to achieve on a 7 year old system.

That's why I'm saying they're willing to make that trade-off. With new systems, it'll be different, but you can't expect them to raise graphical capabilities with old hardware and still retain everything else about the game. One on one, though, developers would pick better graphics over splitscreen/LAN, that's just how it is. The real question is whether they have to make that choice, and with old hardware, they do.
---
//
#18kansas_cty_shflPosted 11/24/2012 9:13:30 PM
builder111 posted...

Touché. I played many an epic Goldeneye match back in the day. But that was over a decade ago, no need to play split screen today.
#19timerider4Posted 11/24/2012 9:30:10 PM
rct two rules 3 posted...
The frame rate is ATROCIOUS when playing 3 or 4 player splitscreen. Really unacceptable in this day and age. Have they said anything about this issue atleast?

It's a console from 2005. They've had to reduce so much to get it to run in the first place. I know a lot of developers are frustrated that they have to cut their games down to play on "current" consoles.
---
"...Everytime I do it now I imagine the gnome screaming 'THE GNOME DOES NOT LIKE TO BE TOUCHED.'" - themagicpainman, on HL2 Ep.2's Little Rocket Man
#20PruetteBoyTJPosted 11/24/2012 9:37:54 PM
ODomm posted...
I don't get how some people are still getting together to play xbox. I mean, if you're like 13 or 14 years old and can't really do anything yet, then fine, but if you are a young adult...

Are u kidding man? LAN with a bunch of friends is awesome. I'm 25 and me and my best bro get together probably once a week and play halo or Madden or something. Couch Co-op is the best.
---
hit share demo...Choose a friend and hit send... Easy as pooping.-DrJoe90