So did 343 even test their own game?

#21DemondeluxePosted 11/24/2012 8:39:04 PM
They didn't test it. They paid me to test it but all I did was lay around, smoke pot, and eat taco bell. I just gave them the go ahead for the hell of it.
#22ox0shadow0xoPosted 11/24/2012 8:43:28 PM
ODomm posted...
I don't get how some people are still getting together to play xbox. I mean, if you're like 13 or 14 years old and can't really do anything yet, then fine, but if you are a young adult...

...Halo is for house time, other things are for going out time
I'm not ignorant, I know there is a severe frame rate drop, I'm just stating my opinion.

So your friends never just come over your house? I've had plenty of times when 3 or 4 people are playing at once on one tv. Plenty of reasons for it too. They either a) don't have an xbox 360(that only happened back in 2005-2007 though), b) don't have xbox live gold to play it online co-op, c) don't have the game that we're playing, or d) came over for something else(holiday, etc.) so we popped in a multiplayer game for a while.

Since you brought the age into it, I have to ask, how old are you? I personally am 23 and everyone I know(that plays games) are between 20-29 and don't mind playing games indoors as a choice for "what are we going to do for fun?" Not the only choice mind you, but it's still a viable one.
---
360 games completed 100% retail: Armored Core 4, FF13, FF13-2, Force Unleashed 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, The Last Remnant, SSX.
#23cadillacactorPosted 11/24/2012 8:55:18 PM
ODomm posted...
I don't get how some people are still getting together to play xbox. I mean, if you're like 13 or 14 years old and can't really do anything yet, then fine, but if you are a young adult...

I'm not ignorant, I know there is a severe frame rate drop, I'm just stating my opinion.

*facepalm*

Really? Are gamers that anti-social these days? The best nights I have gaming are 12 guys system linking on 4 boxes. Wings, drinks, explosions! Good times were had by all. We actually don't play COD because of the lack of splitscreen, co-op, and decent system linking. So yeah, it is important to many.
---
"sry for bad enlish.im from de usa" - wwwgippal
#24Kage-No_KazePosted 11/24/2012 9:00:06 PM
You mean asocial. Much too lazy at the moment to respond further.
#25HaganPosted 11/24/2012 9:11:54 PM
builder111 posted...
kansas_cty_shfl posted...
What's really unacceptable is that many people playing on the same T.V.

obviously never played 4 player Goldeneye back in the day

Goldeneye was released in 96, and was a blast when I was 10 years old, split screen is a great feature to have, but it seems outdated...
---
XBL GT= illidan z
http://www.youtube.com/user/illidanz - last video uploaded Blops II FFA game 11/13
#26Bosniak10Posted 11/24/2012 9:30:44 PM
Okay look. I'm only going to explain this once so follow me:

1) Game is coded and put onto disc.
2) It is then shipped out to retailers or online stores without being tested.
3) Fans buy the game and find glitches/bugs and rage about them on forums such as gamefaqs.
4) The developers see the complaints and fix the problems with something called a "patch"..although you can only get this online. Tough luck for you and your friends.
5) As a thank you for testing the game the developers release new content (called DLC)..which we also must buy and test.
6) The cycle continues until the final DLC which we test but get nothing in return, only the developer running away with our money.

The end.
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll! Do not feed!
#27Bosniak10Posted 11/24/2012 9:33:04 PM
Hagan posted...
builder111 posted...
kansas_cty_shfl posted...
What's really unacceptable is that many people playing on the same T.V.

obviously never played 4 player Goldeneye back in the day

Goldeneye was released in 96, and was a blast when I was 10 years old, split screen is a great feature to have, but it seems outdated...

So because its outdated you would take it out just..just because of no reason? Seems legit.

7/10
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll! Do not feed!
#28ironbruPosted 11/24/2012 10:17:36 PM
cadillacactor posted...
ODomm posted...

*facepalm*

Really? Are gamers that anti-social these days? The best nights I have gaming are 12 guys system linking on 4 boxes. Wings, drinks, explosions! Good times were had by all. We actually don't play COD because of the lack of splitscreen, co-op, and decent system linking. So yeah, it is important to many.

Call Of Duty has had all of those features you said it doesnt have since Call Of Duty: World At War was released...
---
Current Playing: Xenosaga Series (I finally imported a USA PS2), Forza Motorsport and Wipeout Series.
#29The_Mighty_KELPPosted 11/24/2012 10:41:25 PM
I play 3-4 splitscreen more often than I do 1-2, and I've never had a problem with the framerate at all. You sure your xbox isn't going bad? Or maybe you have bad internet?
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
#30XImperialDragonPosted 11/24/2012 10:44:06 PM
I honestly would have appreciated something where the game drastically lowers the fidelity of the textures in exchange for improving splitscreen multiplayer performance.

I'll take usability over pretty damned pictures. My roommates and I have a hard time playing this game due to excessive frame rate stutter (though, for some reason, it was worse the first week the game came out than it is now, and I don't know why). I played Halo 3 two days before 4 came out; I don't really care if 4 didn't look quite so great but actually let me play with my roommate or wife. -_-;
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo DS. In this game, you set your DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.