So did 343 even test their own game?

#31RebornKusabiPosted 11/24/2012 11:54:03 PM
ITT: People without friends/ high school students
---
"The whole ending to MGS2 is a clusterf***. The game was good and then *POW* La Li Lu Le Lo and S.O.P.A. for about 45 minutes." -hankyhank3416
#32ExiliousPosted 11/25/2012 12:31:47 AM
kansas_cty_shfl posted...
What's really unacceptable is that many people playing on the same T.V.

---
i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Windforce 3x GTX 680 OC | 12gb PNY XLR8 DDR3 1600mhz CAS-7 | OCZ Vertex 3 120gb
LeagueCraft ARAM Admin / Blacklist Administrator
#33rct two rules 3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 12:49:14 AM

Sorry that I have a large TV so that splitting it 4 ways makes little difference. And yes we did get pissed at the framerate issues so we just hooked up another xbox to another tv and played some LAN H1 and H2 instead.

IcyBlaze_XZ posted...
playing 3 or 4 player splitscreen.

It's 2012.

2012 means I am not allowed to have friends? Much less invite them over to play a little splitscreen online? Nice try.
---
Currently Playing: SC2, CS:GO, Marble Blast Ultra
Forever a Sone
#34rct two rules 3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 12:53:02 AM
The_Mighty_KELP posted...
I play 3-4 splitscreen more often than I do 1-2, and I've never had a problem with the framerate at all. You sure your xbox isn't going bad? Or maybe you have bad internet?

lol well trust me, I know the difference between framerate issues and internet lag. But that is interesting, what exactly are you playing in splitscreen? We were playing 4 player splitscreen online. My xbox is over 5 years old so that my indeed be the issue here, I'll look into that, thanks.

builder111 posted...

obviously never played 4 player Goldeneye back in the day

Touché. I played many an epic Goldeneye match back in the day. But that was over a decade ago, no need to play split screen today.

Splitscreen online is what we were playing. It is way more fun to sit back with a group of buddies that you don't see very often and just play some Halo online together in the same room. The ignorance in this thread is hilarious.

Bosniak10 posted...
Okay look. I'm only going to explain this once so follow me:

1) Game is coded and put onto disc.
2) It is then shipped out to retailers or online stores without being tested.
3) Fans buy the game and find glitches/bugs and rage about them on forums such as gamefaqs.
4) The developers see the complaints and fix the problems with something called a "patch"..although you can only get this online. Tough luck for you and your friends.
5) As a thank you for testing the game the developers release new content (called DLC)..which we also must buy and test.
6) The cycle continues until the final DLC which we test but get nothing in return, only the developer running away with our money.

The end.

So many awful assumptions here. We were playing 4 player splitscreen online and I've bought more DLC in games than you would imagine. Its called hanging out with friends that are rarely in town thanks, try again.
---
Currently Playing: SC2, CS:GO, Marble Blast Ultra
Forever a Sone
#35XImperialDragonPosted 11/25/2012 1:03:57 AM
I don't understand the negative connotation in having people over to play a game. Considering my friends usually stop by when they're done with work, it's asinine and unnecessary to have them carry Xboxes and TVs in their cars throughout their workday, just so we can sit down and play some games afterwards but the game be pretty damn impossible to play with more than 1 person, sometimes (well, it mostly depends upon the map, I guess. Complex is by far the worst offender, though it was worse the first couple nights. It's almost functional now, for some reason).
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo DS. In this game, you set your DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#36supersonic953Posted 11/25/2012 1:54:58 AM
You're really asking that about this game? Here's a fun way to answer your own question. Play Sonic '06 and figure out what an untested game REALLY feels like.
#37AhrimanTheStillPosted 11/25/2012 1:56:38 AM
IcyBlaze_XZ posted...
playing 3 or 4 player splitscreen.

It's 2012.

Some people have lans and bro night. Im sorry you're restricted to just some voices over the internet. Some people like to have bros over playing games like the old days. Stop being mad that 343 is mediocre and Halo 4 is overall just a mess of COD gimmicks combined with a slight feel of older Halos.
---
The big H . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfxsN423EVs
#38TorkzorPosted 11/25/2012 5:54:50 AM
It being the end of the generation would hardly be fixed by play-testing. If anything, split screen would have been maxed at 2 people and then people would cry that it's not in.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZaSlM.jpg
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." - Paper
#39CKnightPosted 11/25/2012 6:01:03 AM
rct two rules 3 posted...
The frame rate is ATROCIOUS when playing 3 or 4 player splitscreen. Really unacceptable in this day and age. Have they said anything about this issue atleast?

With split screen being less and less relavent do to online play I would say its almost expected for it to suffer and take a back seat to the rest of the game.

I havnt played split screen in over a decade, let alone 3 to 4 player split screen. I can only assume the majority of gamers are like me and ofte cant get 3 t 4 friends in one room to play split screen.
#40PruetteBoyTJPosted 11/25/2012 7:44:07 PM
CKnight posted...
rct two rules 3 posted...
The frame rate is ATROCIOUS when playing 3 or 4 player splitscreen. Really unacceptable in this day and age. Have they said anything about this issue atleast?

With split screen being less and less relavent do to online play I would say its almost expected for it to suffer and take a back seat to the rest of the game.

I havnt played split screen in over a decade, let alone 3 to 4 player split screen. I can only assume the majority of gamers are like me and ofte cant get 3 t 4 friends in one room to play split screen.

What really makes the last few Halos so fun for me was the ability to forge a bunch of maps specifically for the next xbox night, when me and all my buds get together. (Usually around 6-8 of us.) So while I understand that split screen isn't a top priority any more for Devs, I expect it to be in, and functional. I was just having a similar discussion with a friend and I basically said, think of your favorite games, in any of them would it be more or less fun to play with friends?

My opinion, everything is better with couch co-op.
---
hit share demo...Choose a friend and hit send... Easy as pooping.-DrJoe90