What do you think will happen in the next Halo games? (Spoilers)

#1oJoRdAn23oPosted 11/25/2012 1:38:45 AM
With Cortana gone, how do you think Halo 5 and 6 will go? I wonder if Arbiter will make a return.

I think they did a really good job of showing and relating the player to Chief, and it will be interesting to see what happens next in the series. There are honestly many ways this series can turn now.
---
Playing- Halo 4, ME3, NBA 2k13, Gears of War 3, BF3 Want-AC3, BO2
#2StaticPenguinPosted 11/25/2012 1:40:10 AM
Pretty sure Cortana isn't dead. It just seems too.... Convenient. Same goes for the Didact.
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt
#3Demigod_ElessarPosted 11/25/2012 1:43:11 AM
I hope they bring the Arbiter back. 343i seems to have love for him, so I would assume he'll make appearances (if not be playable) in Halo 5 and/or 6.

And I wouldn't say for sure Cortana is 100% gone. I have a feeling they will rather
a) find someway to bring her back
b) just make a new Cortana AI model

Personally, I'd prefer it is Cortana stayed dead. She is one of my favorite video game characters, but I like how Halo 4 played out. Her "death" would definitely have an emotional aspect on Chief in the next two games, and I feel if they deus ex machina her back to life, then what was the point of this emotional ending/revelation?

I would like Chief to get paired with a new AI, perhaps even Black Box, since they've been making him a big deal in the Kilo-Five trilogy.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar (I was formerly Demigod Tyek on these boards)
#4acraven151Posted 11/25/2012 1:44:02 AM
Its going to end with Master Chief saying,

"Finishing the fight."
---
May your glass be ever full, May the roof over your head be always strong, And may you be in heaven, Half an hour before the devil knows you're dead
#5Demigod_ElessarPosted 11/25/2012 1:46:15 AM
And yeah, I wouldn't rule the Didact as being completely gone either. Whether he was digitalized, or simply ported somewhere else wounded, or if the Ur-Didact appears somehow, the Forerunners are NOT done with this storyline.

I have a feeling Silentium will possibly set some stuff up for Halo 5. The reason it was delayed from January to March was for the sole purpose of making sure it's events tied in with Halo 4 and certain spoilers.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar (I was formerly Demigod Tyek on these boards)
#6oJoRdAn23o(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 1:46:23 AM
Demigod_Elessar posted...
I hope they bring the Arbiter back. 343i seems to have love for him, so I would assume he'll make appearances (if not be playable) in Halo 5 and/or 6.

And I wouldn't say for sure Cortana is 100% gone. I have a feeling they will rather
a) find someway to bring her back
b) just make a new Cortana AI model

Personally, I'd prefer it is Cortana stayed dead. She is one of my favorite video game characters, but I like how Halo 4 played out. Her "death" would definitely have an emotional aspect on Chief in the next two games, and I feel if they deus ex machina her back to life, then what was the point of this emotional ending/revelation?

I would like Chief to get paired with a new AI, perhaps even Black Box, since they've been making him a big deal in the Kilo-Five trilogy.

I agree with you on Cortana. I don't want her to die, and she is one of my favorites as well. But the story of 4 was really focused on her, so if she comes back it would feel a little less important
---
Playing- Halo 4, ME3, NBA 2k13, Gears of War 3, BF3 Want-AC3, BO2
#7supersonic953Posted 11/25/2012 1:50:29 AM
I've had this idea in my head that the Spartan Ops would end with Cortana somehow coming back.
#8StaticPenguinPosted 11/25/2012 1:51:02 AM
I have a feeling we're going to learn that the Didact and Cortana have somehow managed to become fused together thanks to the Composer. Chief will go on more adventures kicking more Forerunner and Covenant ass eventually destroying their ultimate doomsday weapon and finding some way to turn Cortana into a human being.
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt
#9UnhingedheadPosted 11/25/2012 2:11:15 AM
I have a few hypothesis for what may happen. *Spoilers for the Novels* Since the Forerunner and Kilo-Five trilogy were so stressed for the understanding of Halo 4's plot, my guess for what may happen lies in the symbolism of the Halo ring; The Precursor's helped to uplift the Forerunner, deemed them unworthy, and were then defeated in the forthcoming war. Similarly, humanity was defeated by the Forerunner, but mostly because of the Precursor's creation of the Flood, which in turn hastened the Forerunner's defeat at the hands of the Flood.

Although it was hypothesized that the Halo rings fired and wiped out the bulk of the Forerunner, it was recently made clear that they instead fled the galaxy in a yet to be revealed manner. My thoughts are that they will return to reclaim the Mantle, and it will be the Master Chief's job to defend humanity from the Forerunner's technological and evolutionary advantage.

We probably haven't heard the last of the Didact. Cortana will probably make a reappearance somehow- maybe similar in the way 343 Guilty Spark did so in the Novels- and the Elite led Covenant may lean either way as to which side they'll choose. I tend to think that the Forerunner will come back, and Humanity defends itself from their seeming invasion- in the third, however, we learn that the Forerunner are returning because they are being chased by the recovered Precursors- thus completing the circle of the Halo.
#10Alpha centauriPosted 11/25/2012 3:38:33 AM
IMHO Cortana is dead. In H5 i think chief is going to be teamed up by another cortana model because of the success the two had. I also think we will find out just how much influence the librarian has over halsey and chief. I watched the video where chief meets the librarian like 10 times. I honestly think the chief, MJOLNIR armor, cortana, is all part of a plan the librarian had for ages and halsey is the tool to enforce this plan.
---
GT- Ardent Nova