What is so good about Promethean Vision???

#11NevercomingdownPosted 11/25/2012 9:12:37 PM
mike468 posted...
rickyskater19 posted...
nothings good about it, its called a radar

Promethean vision lets you see players who have active camo activated. When running around it's extremely easy to overlook someone using camo if you don't use promethean vision. It also lets you get a jump on players coming around corners or make sure your not going to get ambushed yourself from players hiding in corners.

It really doesn't.. you can tell where a cloaked player is by the radar...
---
GT: Elesp || PSN: DestroyTheEnd
Ron Paul 2012: Because voting for other candidates whose main supporters are big banks and the wallstreet elite is un-American.
#12txbullyPosted 11/25/2012 9:14:10 PM
MagustheHagus posted...
They can see everything on the field and cloaked enemies, but can they see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch!

Gangsta.
---
GT: stonefaceCal
I love you and there's nothing you can do about it.
#13_M1K3_Posted 11/25/2012 9:14:15 PM
Yeah. I love killing people with High School Prom Vision when I have the Stealth mod. People see you on radar, use Prom Vision and don't see you, then assume you're not there.

Kind of shows how much they rely on that more than their radars to find people.
#14MetaIGearRexPosted 11/25/2012 9:15:11 PM
Rollingcone posted...
A list of what PV does:
-Allows you to line up your shot before an enemy rounds a corner (PV's greatest perk)
-Shows you where the enemy team isn't, allowing you to infer map positioning
-Reveals active camo users
-Reveal campers (flush 'em out with 'nades!)
-Allows you to see whether or not a banked grenade hit the enemy
-In large clusters, allows PV allows you to detect enemies...

Plus dozens of more situation uses. It really is the most versatile, crucial armor ability. In my opinion, the only other ability worth using is Jet Pack. You can't argue with the advantage it gives you when you're flanking.

This, especially the first point.
Plus

- You can see further than radar and see what the enemies are doing, which way they are going.
- You can see enemy weapons. Good for sword/rocket campers.

But yeah I'm totally bad because I use pro vision, even when I go 25-5.
#15_M1K3_Posted 11/25/2012 9:21:08 PM(edited)
Many times I'd fight some MLG enthusiast teams that would ALL have High School Prom Vision. They'd huddle together and flare up their Prom vision simultaneously when they saw a blip on the radar.

Needless to say, they were very slow games. There is literally no way to flank or ambush.
#16Paper_Mario_4(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 9:20:03 PM
Rollingcone posted...
A list of what PV does:
-Allows you to line up your shot before an enemy rounds a corner (PV's greatest perk)

Plus dozens of more situation uses. It really is the most versatile, crucial armor ability. In my opinion, the only other ability worth using is Jet Pack. You can't argue with the advantage it gives you when you're flanking.

Good argument sir, but you say there are dozens of more situations in which it is useful...Can you at least name a few more then? The list itself seems to be at its maximum and I cannot see how PV could be any more of use.
#17WestSdeNleVrusPosted 11/25/2012 9:21:51 PM
I use it so I'm not running around in circles not able to find anybody and to deal with crouching shotgun campers. You also get to practically spam it. Also, what else are you gonna use? I really think the Thrusters and Sentry are useless. Cammo and Regen are more of a slower play style and that's not for me. Jetpack can help get around the map easier but also puts a big target on your head. Holo is really just a situational distraction that won't always work. I look at it as PV has no down side.
#18tarzanmxPosted 11/25/2012 9:24:33 PM
How exactly does it go about revealing Camo users? PV people haven't always been able to see me when I have Camo enabled, but those times I was also behind a wall. Does it not detect Camo through walls?
---
Rarity is best Pony. Yes, I'm a Brony. No, I'm not gonna try to get you to watch the show or dislike you if you don't. People can like different things.
#19Dev445Posted 11/25/2012 9:24:43 PM
Rollingcone posted...
A list of what PV does:

What he said
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#20MysticHomerPosted 11/25/2012 9:26:14 PM
MagustheHagus posted...
They can see everything on the field and cloaked enemies, but can they see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch!

I laughed.