What is so good about Promethean Vision???

#21Scorpion122178Posted 11/25/2012 9:26:47 PM
intel is everything, when my opponent is standing on the other side of the wall I want to know EVERYTHING about them, whether they see me coming and is facing corner waiting for me, what kind of weapon they are using(can't tell you how many sword/shotgun users I spotted), where their teammates are in relation to them.

PV is stupid amounts more useful than a red blip on the radar.
---
GT: Scorpion0489
Currently playing: Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Borderlands 2, Halo 4, TESV Skyrim
#22FalloutgenuisPosted 11/25/2012 9:33:49 PM(edited)
Thruster Packs master race!

---
Wub!
GT: RAW DJ
#23mike468Posted 11/25/2012 9:47:08 PM(edited)
tarzanmx posted...
How exactly does it go about revealing Camo users? PV people haven't always been able to see me when I have Camo enabled, but those times I was also behind a wall. Does it not detect Camo through walls?

It turns your whole vision into X-ray vision. Even if the player is entirely cloaked and just camping he sticks out in PV like his camo wasn't on.

Also for the user saying the radar shows you where everyone is and PV is useless.The radar doesn't show you which direction they are facing. You could head up the ramp on Abandon put PV on and see enemy players with their backs to you and sprint in and assassinate them. You can't do that with radar.
---
gamertag: Kabal31082
#24tarzanmxPosted 11/25/2012 9:48:07 PM
mike468 posted...
tarzanmx posted...
How exactly does it go about revealing Camo users? PV people haven't always been able to see me when I have Camo enabled, but those times I was also behind a wall. Does it not detect Camo through walls?

It turns your whole vision into X-ray vision. Even if the player is entirely cloaked and just camping he sticks out in PV like his camo wasn't on.

Also for the user saying the radar shows you where everyone is and PVC is useless.The radar doesn't show you which direction they are facing. You could head up the ramp on Abandon put PV on and see enemy players with their backs to you and sprint in and assassinate them. You can't do that with radar.

Huh, guess I must have been facing people who didn't know what they were doing with PV (I'm not kidding, now that I know this I'll have to be more careful).
---
Rarity is best Pony. Yes, I'm a Brony. No, I'm not gonna try to get you to watch the show or dislike you if you don't. People can like different things.
#25Urdnot_RuntPosted 11/25/2012 9:53:30 PM
Prometgean vision is for new players who don't know the maps yet so they can ease into the action. The more you know the maps, the less useful it becomes. All the other AA's are better.
#26dragnhuntr666Posted 11/25/2012 10:04:56 PM
mike468 posted...
tarzanmx posted...

Also for the user saying the radar shows you where everyone is and PV is useless.The radar doesn't show you which direction they are facing. You could head up the ramp on Abandon put PV on and see enemy players with their backs to you and sprint in and assassinate them. You can't do that with radar.

Sorry, but someone using Wetworks Stealth Perk can't be seen through walls with PV. That in it of itself makes PV useless. Combine stealth with AC and that is a perfect ambusher, if the person can pull it off right.
---
Error 404: Signature not found.
GT: dragnridr
#27mike468Posted 11/25/2012 10:19:48 PM(edited)
Here:

http://youtu.be/aUxFYq6G7

Watch from 2:56-3:20. A very good example of how PV works and how it is best used.

Also here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c25x315bGG0

Another great explanation of why PV is good.

Also for anyone who might think PV is OP, hologram actually does trick PV, even if camo doesn't.

[edit]:
dragnhuntr666 posted...
Sorry, but someone using Wetworks Stealth Perk can't be seen through walls with PV. That in it of itself makes PV useless. Combine stealth with AC and that is a perfect ambusher, if the person can pull it off right.

I never said it was fool proof, only that it can detect users who are using active camo. Secondly Wetworks unlocks at level 50-60, which a lot of players currently aren't and like I mentioned above hologram does trick PV.
---
gamertag: Kabal31082
#28ODommPosted 11/25/2012 10:21:40 PM
I often find that using Promethean Vision slows down my playing wayyy too much. This game is already pretty fast paced so when I do put it on a class, I use it maybe once in a match, sometimes not at all.

It might be good for slower players, but the amazing motion sensor in this game plus the Sensor Upgrade greatly overpower it for me.
---
Proud Audiophile
#29Groudon_UzamakiPosted 11/25/2012 10:22:10 PM
dragnhuntr666 posted...
mike468 posted...
tarzanmx posted...

Yes because one rare specific hypothetical situation invalidates it complete worth.

By your logic I should never use the DMR since Sniper Rifles exist.
---
The introduction never had a name, and all the answers to my questions never came.
#30HaganPosted 11/25/2012 10:32:37 PM
counter against active camo and duck walkers
---
XBL GT= illidan z
http://www.youtube.com/user/illidanz - last video uploaded Blops II FFA game 11/13