What is so good about Promethean Vision???

#31mike468Posted 11/25/2012 10:37:22 PM(edited)
Groudon_Uzamaki posted...
dragnhuntr666 posted...
mike468 posted...
tarzanmx posted...
How exactly does it go about revealing Camo users? PV people haven't always been able to see me when I have Camo enabled, but those times I was also behind a wall. Does it not detect Camo through walls?

It turns your whole vision into X-ray vision. Even if the player is entirely cloaked and just camping he sticks out in PV like his camo wasn't on.

Also for the user saying the radar shows you where everyone is and PV is useless.The radar doesn't show you which direction they are facing. You could head up the ramp on Abandon put PV on and see enemy players with their backs to you and sprint in and assassinate them. You can't do that with radar.

Sorry, but someone using Wetworks Stealth Perk can't be seen through walls with PV. That in it of itself makes PV useless. Combine stealth with AC and that is a perfect ambusher, if the person can pull it off right.

Yes because one rare specific hypothetical situation invalidates it complete worth.

By your logic I should never use the DMR since Sniper Rifles exist.

I just realized that dragnhuntr666 has no idea what he's talking about. Wetworks does not affect AC at all:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/halo-4/Stealth

Enemies who are using the stealth mod still show up as a red outline in PV so they are not immune to it. Stealth just makes them a little harder to see.
---
gamertag: Kabal31082
#32Kage-No_KazePosted 11/25/2012 10:39:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvEi2n5bLxA&hd=1
#33HybridSnakePosted 11/25/2012 10:54:17 PM
Paper_Mario_4 posted...
People here seem to REALLY like using it but I don't understand why...

Situational Awareness TC.
---
"I prefer to call armour lock "an admission of failure" " - jimmytheballs
Xbox Live Gamertag - Blue Idiot
#34the_beriznetsPosted 11/25/2012 10:54:22 PM
I prefer thruster. The biggest problem with pv imo is how the radar indicates when someone's using it. A lot of the time I'll spot some camper with pv, but they'll just run off knowing that I know they're there
#35TeeWeePosted 11/26/2012 4:37:24 AM
Actually, using active camo makes you invisible to PV through walls.

mike468 posted...

Enemies who are using the stealth mod still show up as a red outline in PV so they are not immune to it. Stealth just makes them a little harder to see.

Not true, the stealth mod completely removes the red outline (there's still an outline but it looks like environment) and it makes you undetectable through walls. See the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuaPwO2VMxM
#36mike468Posted 11/26/2012 6:33:17 AM(edited)
TeeWee posted...

Not true, I've caught players through walls using active camo with PV. Particularly in the little nooks on Haven.
---
gamertag: Kabal31082
#37galv0Posted 11/26/2012 6:53:26 AM
Rollingcone posted...

-Allows you to see whether or not a banked grenade hit the enemy

Hit markers tell me if I hit an enemy with a grenade or not.

Bullet/smoke trails alert me of enemy positioning. Map knowledge and anticipation help me line up kills. PV is nice, but I would never use it. To each his own.

I play a bunch of SWAT, so..
---
Noobs -_-
#38Auron772Posted 11/26/2012 7:00:06 AM
mike468 posted...
rickyskater19 posted...
nothings good about it, its called a radar

Promethean vision lets you see players who have active camo activated. When running around it's extremely easy to overlook someone using camo if you don't use promethean vision. It also lets you get a jump on players coming around corners or make sure your not going to get ambushed yourself from players hiding in corners.

This. I use camo A LOT and the only time I get killed usually is when I see the guy had Promethean vision in the kill cam.
---
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren
#39chamber29Posted 11/26/2012 7:09:42 AM
Auron772 posted...
mike468 posted...
rickyskater19 posted...
nothings good about it, its called a radar

Promethean vision lets you see players who have active camo activated. When running around it's extremely easy to overlook someone using camo if you don't use promethean vision. It also lets you get a jump on players coming around corners or make sure your not going to get ambushed yourself from players hiding in corners.

This. I use camo A LOT and the only time I get killed usually is when I see the guy had Promethean vision in the kill cam.

I kill AC players all the time and never use PV, "Oh there are a ton of blue dots to my left, no teammates around..."
throw grenade, dude freaks out and becomes visible
---
-- I love stats, they tell you everything. If only there was a stat to prove why my stats matter...Not wins, I don't get those
#40TeeWeePosted 11/26/2012 7:11:47 AM
mike468 posted...
TeeWee posted...

Not true, I've caught players through walls using active camo with PV. Particularly in the little nooks on Haven.

Try it out in a custom game or forge... If they're behind a wall and are using AC you won't see them, I can guarantee that.