Would you play a 'no ordinance' playlist?

#1phoneixfencerPosted 11/26/2012 4:03:43 AM
Personally I think it's a bit much. Every player doesn't need a power weapon. Why bother rushing across the map to fight over rockets when you can just hang back, kill a few people and call them in at your feet?

I'd love to see a playlist with all the game modes without personal ordinances. Just the weapons that spawn on the map. Might actually make btb fun again, instead of just a coin flip to see who gets the luckier drops. My team gets 2 binary rifles and a sniper, your team gets 3 needlers and a scattershot, one of us has a pretty big advantage.
---
In CoD you call in killstreaks to get kills for you. In Battlefield you watch your teammate kill you, steal the chopper and crash into the jet as he takes off!
#2Caolan_2k9Posted 11/26/2012 4:10:02 AM
I don't hate personal ordinances, just you know, hate the fact that they took out one of halos biggest elements, controlling power weapons.
#3Who_ate_the_piePosted 11/26/2012 4:20:01 AM(edited)
I prefer no personal ordnance playlists - probably because Halo has always been like that. Map control becomes less important and power weapons being random is a bad idea.
---
I don't care.
#4dweeeeb2Posted 11/26/2012 4:22:43 AM
I think personal ordinance is a great addition to the game. Gives everyone a go at the weapons because a: they are yours, b: you dont feel guilty playing around with them. The fixed power weapon positions gave too much power to the better players.

Yes I am a scrub, but I enjoy this aspect of h4.
---
XBL/PSN GT: dweeeeb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP_qF5E4w7U
#5SterlingFoxPosted 11/26/2012 4:28:37 AM
"Map Control" is one of those phrases that people throw around all the time, but doesn't really mean anything.

Kinda like "Tryhard" and "Not tonight, I have a headache".
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#6Caolan_2k9Posted 11/26/2012 4:37:13 AM
SterlingFox posted...
"Map Control" is one of those phrases that people throw around all the time, but doesn't really mean anything.

Lol what? Map control means a lot. Control power positions on the map, control the high ground, the weapons, everything. Your enemies won't stand a chance. That's why a full party destroys randoms. No offense but saying map control doesn't mean anything is stupid.
#7Scooby510Posted 11/26/2012 5:03:27 AM
SterlingFox posted...

you must be really bad at video games.
---
GT: Ayy Scooby
http://i.imgur.com/Tfwlr.jpg
#8iRGushPosted 11/26/2012 5:32:29 AM
Yes, i hope they do it for doubles
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#9SterlingFoxPosted 11/26/2012 5:43:46 AM
Caolan_2k9 posted...
SterlingFox posted...

Lol what? Map control means a lot. Control power positions on the map, control the high ground, the weapons, everything. Your enemies won't stand a chance. That's why a full party destroys randoms. No offense but saying map control doesn't mean anything is stupid.

And here I thought that parties usually won because they hoard power weapons and vehicles, then spawn-killed you until your team slowly quits because nobody's having fun.

When I say "map control" doesn't really mean anything, I mean that nobody knows what the **** "map control" even is. Its a meaningless umbrella phrase that people throw around in place of actually stating what their real problem is.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#10DSquariusPosted 11/26/2012 5:57:19 AM
SterlingFox posted...
Caolan_2k9 posted...
SterlingFox posted...

And here I thought that parties usually won because they hoard power weapons and vehicles, then spawn-killed you until your team slowly quits because nobody's having fun.

When I say "map control" doesn't really mean anything, I mean that nobody knows what the **** "map control" even is. Its a meaningless umbrella phrase that people throw around in place of actually stating what their real problem is.

Sorry, but you're incorrect.

Positioning is incredibly important in any battle. If you're in control of the battlefield you don't need power weapons to dominate. If my team controls the high ground vantage points and / or choke points we will win barring some drastic turn of events.

By anticipating enemy movements and controlling the map you can force your engagements to take place in areas where you have the advantage.

That's what map control is.
---
Come at me bro
Xbox Live : DSquarius