Would you play a 'no ordinance' playlist?

#21DryCell87Posted 11/26/2012 2:24:22 PM
Ordinance is another cheap way to try to lessen the skill gap. I've grown tired of playing games on Ragnarok where the other team(or even my team for that matter) all have snipers and hang back at the bases. I don't think making the weapons disappear faster was a good way to counter the overly large amount of ordinance wielding players in a game at a given time.

I also agree about the instant respawns. They are very much not a Halo thing, and need to go. Drop instant respawns and return Slayer to 50 kills. The games have such little flow anymore because of these issues.

And map control is a very real thing, Fox. Come on now.
---
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
#22Hunter2huntedPosted 11/26/2012 2:36:24 PM
If a classic game type that didn't include personal ordnance but had weapon spawns was made, I'd play it. I miss being able to use the shotgun in regular play, it's hard to get it on a map it would be helpful on, at least with my luck. For some reason on small maps I always seem to get terrible ordnances such as pulse grenade-needler-speed boost.
---
GT: brnginDhuricane
"Yes." -Xolace
#23phoneixfencer(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 5:29:53 AM
Hunter2hunted posted...
If a classic game type that didn't include personal ordnance but had weapon spawns was made, I'd play it. I miss being able to use the shotgun in regular play, it's hard to get it on a map it would be helpful on, at least with my luck. For some reason on small maps I always seem to get terrible ordnances such as pulse grenade-needler-speed boost.

That right there is my biggest problem with personal ordinance. The pulse grenades are crap and speed boost is pretty crap as well if the other guy can aim, and a needler isn't a guaranteed kill. Meanwhile, and I've seen this happen, the other team gets 2 incineration cannons and a damage boost at the same time. The game was neck and neck up to that point but between the two cannons and the guy with the damage boost there was nothing we could do.
---
In CoD you call in killstreaks to get kills for you. In Battlefield you watch your teammate kill you, steal the chopper and crash into the jet as he takes off!
#24Maloth_jesbPosted 11/28/2012 5:34:16 AM
phoneixfencer posted...
Hunter2hunted posted...

That right there is my biggest problem with personal ordinance. The pulse grenades are crap and speed boost is pretty crap as well if the other guy can aim, and a needler isn't a guaranteed kill. Meanwhile, and I've seen this happen, the other team gets 2 incineration cannons and a damage boost at the same time. The game was neck and neck up to that point but between the two cannons and the guy with the damage boost there was nothing we could do.

Had that happen last night, had them by 7 kills, then immediately lost.
---
"Whenever Kaiba smiles, a puppy dies."
#25chamber29Posted 11/28/2012 5:51:07 AM
phoneixfencer posted...
chamber29 posted...
So TC, you want Slayer pro with the radar?
Yes I would heavily support that and would stop playing the infinity slayer lists...

Not just slayer pro. I mean all game modes. Like how COD has a core and hardcore playlist that has everything I'd want 2 separate lists here. That way the COD kiddies can go 5-15 but still get to play with a rocket launcher or two with personal ordinances and people who actually want to play Halo can do so.

Gotcha, I haven't seen any personal ordinances on the objective games, so didn't see the point there. I would like a Infinity Slayer, BTB, and FFA along with a classic version of each.

I do find it odd that you support the COD style separate playlist, then pick on the COD kiddies for wanting to play those. I have no attachment to the Infinity style, it is just the only way I can play BTB, would prefer a classic Slayer format.
---
-- I love stats, they tell you everything. If only there was a stat to prove why my stats matter...Not wins, I don't get those