Why don't people use their mics anymore?

#11paullevesquePosted 11/26/2012 1:05:02 PM
99% when someone has a mic on it's either a whiny 12yo, or someone listening to music, or both.
So now,once I see that dreaded mic icon I instantly mute the player.
#12Asherlee10Posted 11/26/2012 1:06:30 PM
paullevesque posted...
99% when someone has a mic on it's either a whiny 12yo, or someone listening to music, or both.

I've experienced the opposite. I rarely come across those. It's a split between strategists and no-talkers. I won't talk unless everyone else it.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
http://i.imgur.com/FwBee.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/nfZQy.jpg
#13huerito323Posted 11/26/2012 1:08:12 PM
I also remember Halo 3 having people with mics 90% of the time. Not so much in Halo 4. I think they should have a playlist with no parties allowed.
#14paullevesquePosted 11/26/2012 1:14:06 PM
Asherlee10 posted...
paullevesque posted...

I've experienced the opposite. I rarely come across those. It's a split between strategists and no-talkers. I won't talk unless everyone else it.

Well it might depend on when you play: I'm in Europe and mainly play at night, which is daytime for the US players, which may explain why I get all the foulmouthed kids.
Also being european, I tend to end up with a great variety of languages, rendering communication even harder.
#15Asherlee10Posted 11/26/2012 1:20:13 PM
paullevesque posted...
Well it might depend on when you play: I'm in Europe and mainly play at night, which is daytime for the US players, which may explain why I get all the foulmouthed kids.
Also being european, I tend to end up with a great variety of languages, rendering communication even harder.

foulmouthed it right.

The one foulmouthed kid I came across was saying some hilarious things. He attempted to insult me by saying "It must suck to have been born from a mother with no vagina."

He said that to me at least 3 times and it made me burst into laughter. Well, my laughing made him so mad that he pestered me to death to play him one on one.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
http://i.imgur.com/FwBee.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/nfZQy.jpg
#16CyanocittaPosted 11/26/2012 1:20:18 PM
I find that if I am the only player using a mic, I just start talking early in the lobby, and a few people will usually put them on during the game.
#17palkiavsdialga2Posted 11/26/2012 1:27:37 PM
Party Chat dude. And since there aren't many people talking already only a few people will start plugging their mics in while playing.
---
"Hey Scotty! Jesus, Man."
#18Major_Marth(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 1:28:25 PM
Cyanocitta posted...
I find that if I am the only player using a mic, I just start talking early in the lobby, and a few people will usually put them on during the game.

I've tried that a few times and it only worked once or twice. I might have to try that some more. Do you have much success, or is it hit or miss?
---
I can always count on Marth to hate as much as me.
My n****.
- CDNfrne
#19CyanocittaPosted 11/26/2012 1:32:18 PM
Major_Marth posted...
Cyanocitta posted...

I've tried that a few times and it only worked once or twice. I might have to try that some more. Do you have much success, or is it hit or miss?

I have pretty good luck getting people on, though it is not every game unfortunately. I just make sure I start talking about something Halo 4 (usually map specific) relevant and then I'll start hearing mic's connecting.

I'de assume if I was just blabbing randomly, I would just get muted more than joined.
#20MoegittoPosted 11/26/2012 1:32:21 PM
Party chat and CoD jumpers. People barely use mics in CoD and after they get tired of that game they jump onto another FPS game like this or BF3. CoD is filled with nothing but people that care only about themselves so they won't communicate with the team. Then when they come over to a new game they bring that bull**** with them.
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121