Why don't people use their mics anymore?

#31RickGottiPosted 11/26/2012 1:48:49 PM
Asherlee10 posted...
RickGotti posted...
1. Where's Solo Slayer? I'll play it

That's the point, there isn't one. Why are you playing as if there is?

RickGotti posted...
2. Everytime I forget to hit mute on the online players, I hear a bunch of douchiness & then remember why I mute them. You're probably one of them

Again, I've only encountered one annoying kid while playing online. My experience with those that have mics have been strategists and no-talkers. My talking is limited to game commands and references.

You need to hear his commands so you know what to do......apparently
---
GamerTag: xMinorThreat
#32Spider5800Posted 11/26/2012 1:49:57 PM
Kids cursing like sailors thinking they're cool.

Idiots playing crappy music over the mic.

Trash talk from mediocre players blaming others for the loss.

Listening to total strangers talk about their day.

Honestly, why would I WANT to use a mic with randoms? The only times I see people using chat for strategy is when I'm with friends, and that's what party chat is for. The days of Live on original Xbox, when only serious players were paying to play online, are long gone. Every kid and dudebro who can buy MS points at Walmart are on now, and frankly I have no desire to talk with them.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#33Asherlee10Posted 11/26/2012 2:05:33 PM
RickGotti posted...
Asherlee10 posted...
RickGotti posted...

RickGotti posted...
2. Everytime I forget to hit mute on the online players, I hear a bunch of douchiness & then remember why I mute them. You're probably one of them

Again, I've only encountered one annoying kid while playing online. My experience with those that have mics have been strategists and no-talkers. My talking is limited to game commands and references.

Apparently, nothing to a know-it-all.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
http://i.imgur.com/FwBee.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/nfZQy.jpg
#34Steve NickPosted 11/26/2012 2:08:22 PM
In Halo 2 pretty much everyone had a mic because it was new and cool. In Halo 3 still some people did, but by the time Halo 4 came out, everyone is bored of the mics and it's been so long that they bought their xbox that they lost/broke their mic.
---
This is my signature.
#35RickGottiPosted 11/26/2012 2:10:48 PM
Asherlee10 posted...
RickGotti posted...
Asherlee10 posted...
RickGotti posted...

RickGotti posted...

Apparently, nothing to a know-it-all.

I don't know it all. I just know I don't need to talk to you
---
GamerTag: xMinorThreat
#36WebstedgePosted 11/26/2012 2:11:03 PM
Cyanocitta posted...
Major_Marth posted...
Cyanocitta posted...
I find that if I am the only player using a mic, I just start talking early in the lobby, and a few people will usually put them on during the game.

I've tried that a few times and it only worked once or twice. I might have to try that some more. Do you have much success, or is it hit or miss?

I have pretty good luck getting people on, though it is not every game unfortunately. I just make sure I start talking about something Halo 4 (usually map specific) relevant and then I'll start hearing mic's connecting.

I'de assume if I was just blabbing randomly, I would just get muted more than joined.

I've tried this and had virtually no success. I'll even go into a lobby and say "hi" and get blatantly ignored by the 2 or 3 other people with mics on, time and time again.

It's all crap and I agree TC. My last 20 matches, I don't think I heard a single word from a random. Ever. It feels weird; I'm talking and saying stuff, and they can hear, yet nobody says anything themselves?

This game would be 100 times as fun if people just talked and made me feel like I'm not playing with seven other bots.
---
https://p.twimg.com/AirgRzVCEAAPBp6.jpg
#37WebstedgePosted 11/26/2012 2:15:38 PM
Also it seems like half of you need to lighten up and sacrifice your ultra-sensitive game sensibilities for a little bit of sociability. Maybe if we did this we wouldn't have this problem.

Will one 12 year old kid cursing ruin your entire experience if you have 3 other people actually communicating and having a good time? I'll just ignore the 12 year old. Or even better yet, trash talk back at him.
---
https://p.twimg.com/AirgRzVCEAAPBp6.jpg
#38HitmanCT13Posted 11/26/2012 2:16:14 PM
this is another reason why everyone loved halo 2, i remember "almost" everyone having a mic. it made the game way more enjoyable. most of my friends now were met from h2 and h3 and carried on through cod, reach, and now h4. conversely, i have gained fewer friends as time goes on because not a lot of people have mics. IMO the more people have mics the more fun the game is.
---
"I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be"
GT HitmanCT13
#39xTreefiddy350xPosted 11/26/2012 2:18:08 PM
I think it's partly because people just don't care as much about winning anymore. With JiP and the lack of a visible trueskill system, the only thing that matters is doing okay and completing the game. Very little incentive to put your mic in, call out/communicate for the win.
#40pblimp360Posted 11/26/2012 2:20:51 PM
paullevesque posted...
99% when someone has a mic on it's either a whiny 12yo, or someone listening to music, or both.
So now,once I see that dreaded mic icon I instantly mute the player.

I really hate to say it, because I'm not very cynical, but this is the major reason for me and I'd assume a lot of others as well.

If it isn't this it's the mouth breathers, or the extremely loud talkers, or the racists. I just don't have anymore time for that nonsense.
---
#Halo 4