Why don't people use their mics anymore?

#41Arcadia__personPosted 11/26/2012 2:41:06 PM
I don't use my mic because no one playing this game ever, ever has anything intelligent or even amusing to say. As other people have mentioned, it's always little kids cussing, people blasting music, people going on profanity-laden, racist rants, etc. I have no desire to listen to any of that.
---
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." -Skies of Arcadia
#42WebstedgePosted 11/26/2012 2:43:51 PM
Arcadia__person posted...
I don't use my mic because no one playing this game ever, ever has anything intelligent or even amusing to say. As other people have mentioned, it's always little kids cussing, people blasting music, people going on profanity-laden, racist rants, etc. I have no desire to listen to any of that.

Either all of you are exaggerating massively or I've just had a patently different experience. From the very rare times I do get people over the mic, only a small portion of them have result in little kid swearing antics or music blasting. 4 times out of 5 it's just normal conversation.

And for the 5th time, all I have to do is mute the offender. It's that easy.
---
https://p.twimg.com/AirgRzVCEAAPBp6.jpg
#43darren19822000Posted 11/26/2012 3:02:25 PM
part of it is the fact that the 360 bundles dont include a mic anymore. when i first bought one i got a sweet mic with it. when i rebought one last feb there was no mic. party chat is a small problem but more times i see nobody with them on. plus who wants to talk to randoms....its always some kid cursing cuz you took his gun or just singing and playing music
---
gt darren reefnugs
#44majormPosted 11/26/2012 3:02:29 PM
Are you serious?? The reason nobody uses a mic is because EVERYBODY on Xbox Live - with very few exceptions - is a foul mouthed, trash talking, never ever has anything useful to say d-bag! What could have and should have been the best thing about Xbox Live was quickly ruined by all the little losers who fail at life so bad that to feel like bigshots they resort to being colossal jerks to total strangers online. I'll never understand it.

It's so funny too. Face to face, most people are polite to strangers. But online - with zero accountability - it's a completely different story.

And who cares? You're not going to get any real teamwork from random online idiots anyway. All anybody cares about are their kills. They don't care if they win as long as they do well.

The absolute best thing they did with the 360 was give you the party/private chat option. Every once in a while, I'll go to regular game chat just to see how it's going and I'm usually reminded in the first 30 seconds why I hate everybody that plays games online.
---
Five million Cybermen, easy. One Doctor...now you're scared.
#45bd0g5Posted 11/26/2012 3:05:57 PM
i go online and diabetic player sahduk call me noob am not noob he noob
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#46The BeansterPosted 11/26/2012 3:06:41 PM(edited)
majorm is correct

I don't want to talk to 13 year olds if I don't have to, and since Halo hasn't really been a competitive experience (where you need communication) since Halo 3, I don't have to.
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage
#47majormPosted 11/26/2012 3:06:16 PM

And there you have it.
---
Five million Cybermen, easy. One Doctor...now you're scared.
#48zuzu304Posted 11/26/2012 3:22:19 PM
no one talks on any psn games either. The social part of games have gone out he window.
people on pc games are still social though since typing chat is available
---
GT: theplaya123
psn: rack1overload
#49DSquariusPosted 11/26/2012 3:30:24 PM
Asherlee10 posted...
StaticPenguin posted...
Too bad the above isn't well thought out. I missed the part where talking is integral to killing people and capturing/defending objectives in multiplayer. If I'm doing what needs to be done and contributing to the team, I really could care less about talking to you.

It isn't just about you. Yes, it's great you do attempt team work, but it's seriously lacking if you are not communicating with your team mate.

*taps glass* CHEERS! Here's to us hoping we work as a cohesive unit without uttering a word!

The day they decide to put an actual competitive playlist in I'll start talking to strangers. Otherwise it's party chat all the way.

There's way to many obnoxious losers online, especially a game like Halo.
---
Come at me bro
Xbox Live : DSquarius
#50Asherlee10Posted 11/26/2012 3:41:05 PM
Webstedge posted...

Either all of you are exaggerating massively or I've just had a patently different experience. From the very rare times I do get people over the mic, only a small portion of them have result in little kid swearing antics or music blasting. 4 times out of 5 it's just normal conversation.

And for the 5th time, all I have to do is mute the offender. It's that easy.

I feel the same way. This opinion that everyone with a mic is annoying is such an exaggeration.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
http://i.imgur.com/FwBee.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/nfZQy.jpg