Why don't people use their mics anymore?

#51phillyeagles123Posted 11/26/2012 3:56:26 PM
Party chat definitely had a big part in it, and most of the time, when someone is actually talking, it is a little kid being obnoxious, someone blasting crappy music, or some tryhard yelling at his teammates. I'm good with just using my mic when I'm playing with friends.
#52DarthVashtiPosted 11/26/2012 4:18:54 PM
I don't use a mic because I hate people. I don't want to hear you talking about stupid s***. I don't want to hear your stupid sounding voice. I don't want to be treated to your poor taste in music. And I most definitely don't want to hear about how much better than me you think you are.
#53JinteisamaPosted 11/26/2012 4:24:40 PM
Also there's risk of being banned for letting a couple curse words slip...

So you can't curse in this game? Then why the f*** is it rated M for mature?
---
http://i.imgur.com/kYq0k.png
#54Derekku18Posted 11/26/2012 4:25:31 PM
Most people who played Halo 3 got an Xbox 360 just for the game...Which came with a mic.
Now the (very fragile) mics are most likely broken, and people don't want to replace them.
So when Halo 4 came out, not as many people had mics.
---
Yeah, Saving the City, World, Galaxy. It's kind of a day job for Gamers.
#55lderivedxPosted 11/26/2012 4:25:51 PM
I don't use a mic because I hate people. I don't want to hear you talking about stupid s***. I don't want to hear your stupid sounding voice. I don't want to be treated to your poor taste in music. And I most definitely don't want to hear about how much better than me you think you are.

And no one wants to hear you either. Win-win.
---
0.999... = 1. Deal with it. If you disagree, I'm happy to show you why you're wrong.
GT: i derive dx
#56DerejinPosted 11/26/2012 4:27:38 PM
If you don't like what someone is saying, then just mute them. It's very simple to do.
As for the trash talking back, just avoid it. You're just making your day worse, you're acting like that which you despise, and you'll make the original trash-talker more aggressive in being annoying.
Rather than boasting to boasters, mute them, then beat their score. XD
Rather than going without a mike, mute the annoying fellows and enjoy teamwork the good guys you come across.

And you can mute while ingame, just use the Back button to view the playerlist and go from there.
It's great stuff.
#57mattman0101Posted 11/26/2012 4:38:33 PM
From just reading topic title. - I don't have anything nice to say to foul mouthed 13 year olds. I actually have my xbox settings set to mute everyone who's not a friend.
---
Tell me what I want or I'll blast your virtual ass into actual dust!
Currently playing: Halo 4
#58pblimp360Posted 11/26/2012 7:52:46 PM
Derejin posted...
If you don't like what someone is saying, then just mute them. It's very simple to do.
As for the trash talking back, just avoid it. You're just making your day worse, you're acting like that which you despise, and you'll make the original trash-talker more aggressive in being annoying.
Rather than boasting to boasters, mute them, then beat their score. XD
Rather than going without a mike, mute the annoying fellows and enjoy teamwork the good guys you come across.

And you can mute while ingame, just use the Back button to view the playerlist and go from there.
It's great stuff.

Too much work when simply not using the mic solves everything easier.
---
#Halo 4
#59Capitol_NoodlePosted 11/26/2012 8:07:10 PM
The answer to this is simple. I feel it has two reasons: Halo Reach had a mute ban (not sure if Halo 4 has one or not) and you can easily be banned for cursing, racism, sexism, or any other kind of slurs. One of the fun things in Halo 3 was trash talking and getting pumped up before a match. Microsoft and Bungie destroyed that and by doing so, they struck fear into the whole community. It's safer to just not plug your mic in.
---
GT: Atomic Shaman
#60TAaddixPosted 11/26/2012 8:22:35 PM
Back in the younger days of LIVE it was using the mic -- the only way to organize cat and mouse games in PGR2. And of course Halo 2. I dont use my mic often - but did a few times and never ran into anyone obnoxious.