Why don't people use their mics anymore?

#61Raddy8Posted 11/26/2012 7:23:42 PM
I'd use mine if people were being strategic, but I just hear music playing/background noise (babies screaming, etc)/or buddies chatting it up yet not in party chat for some reason.
---
Gamertag: Pickle Swift
3DS friend code: 4339-2579-4895
#62steerepikePosted 11/26/2012 9:13:45 PM(edited)
Are you serious?? The reason nobody uses a mic is because EVERYBODY on Xbox Live - with very few exceptions - is a foul mouthed, trash talking, never ever has anything useful to say d-bag! What could have and should have been the best thing about Xbox Live was quickly ruined by all the little losers who fail at life so bad that to feel like bigshots they resort to being colossal jerks to total strangers online. I'll never understand it.

It's so funny too. Face to face, most people are polite to strangers. But online - with zero accountability - it's a completely different story.

And who cares? You're not going to get any real teamwork from random online idiots anyway. All anybody cares about are their kills. They don't care if they win as long as they do well.

The absolute best thing they did with the 360 was give you the party/private chat option. Every once in a while, I'll go to regular game chat just to see how it's going and I'm usually reminded in the first 30 seconds why I hate everybody that plays games online.

One thousand times this! It takes me mere moments of listening to the vocal sewer that is game chat to start a party with nobody in it. Anybody saying that it's not that bad is either very tolerant or part of the problem we're talking about.
---
It hurted me...
#63Kage-No_KazePosted 11/26/2012 9:15:01 PM
Nailbomb posted...
Party chat killed it. There's also no more proximity audio, so there may be players on the other team with mics and you'll never know.

The lack of proximity chat made me so sad. There was nothing like ****ing with someone while you're assassinating them. Or just following someone around making stupid noises like meowing or something and having them start to freak out trying to find you
#64Kage-No_KazePosted 11/26/2012 9:22:52 PM
steerepike posted...
Are you serious?? The reason nobody uses a mic is because EVERYBODY on Xbox Live - with very few exceptions - is a foul mouthed, trash talking, never ever has anything useful to say d-bag! What could have and should have been the best thing about Xbox Live was quickly ruined by all the little losers who fail at life so bad that to feel like bigshots they resort to being colossal jerks to total strangers online. I'll never understand it.

It's so funny too. Face to face, most people are polite to strangers. But online - with zero accountability - it's a completely different story.

And who cares? You're not going to get any real teamwork from random online idiots anyway. All anybody cares about are their kills. They don't care if they win as long as they do well.

The absolute best thing they did with the 360 was give you the party/private chat option. Every once in a while, I'll go to regular game chat just to see how it's going and I'm usually reminded in the first 30 seconds why I hate everybody that plays games online.

One thousand times this! It takes me mere moments of listening to the vocal sewer that is game chat to start a party with nobody in it. Anybody saying that it's not that bad is either very tolerant or part of the problem we're talking about.

No. It's not that bad because no one is using their mics. And the few that are usually aren't loud mouth douchebags either.
#65Smackdowner1Posted 11/26/2012 9:23:31 PM
Because I don't want to talk to any of the losers that dominate matchmaking.

Plus it's funny when I'm all silent in the lobby, and the idiots are rambling on about how I must have no life cause of my rank... then hearing them rage when I immediately betray them or screw them over when the game starts.
---
''Belligerence'' is a registered trademark of Smackdowner Inc.
All Rights Reserved 2002 - 2012
#66WebstedgePosted 11/26/2012 9:29:11 PM
Kage-No_Kaze posted...
Nailbomb posted...
Party chat killed it. There's also no more proximity audio, so there may be players on the other team with mics and you'll never know.

The lack of proximity chat made me so sad. There was nothing like ****ing with someone while you're assassinating them. Or just following someone around making stupid noises like meowing or something and having them start to freak out trying to find you

that stuff was AWESOME. Made the game so much more fun. How can anyone support the taking away of this/?
---
https://p.twimg.com/AirgRzVCEAAPBp6.jpg
#67waldy1386Posted 11/26/2012 9:33:36 PM
It's Obama and the economy
---
Ohio State
US Army
#68DericViiperPosted 11/26/2012 9:35:12 PM
I listen to podcasts while I play multiplayer.
---
[ Gamertag: Viiper ] [ 3DS: 1977-0177-3689 ]
Animal Crossing: City Folk [ Das in e 4942-1810-9471 ]
#69Kage-No_KazePosted 11/26/2012 9:36:58 PM
waldy1386 posted...
It's Obama and the economy

Don't blame me, I didn't vote for him.
#70majormPosted 11/27/2012 4:38:14 AM(edited)
Webstedge posted...
Kage-No_Kaze posted...
Nailbomb posted...

that stuff was AWESOME. Made the game so much more fun. How can anyone support the taking away of this/?

Dude! NOBODY took it away. All the racist, profane trash talking idiots DROVE everybody away from it. And I agree with what steerepike said earlier. If you don't think it's bad, then you're probably one of the those idiots.
---
Five million Cybermen, easy. One Doctor...now you're scared.