Why don't people use their mics anymore?

#71Kage-No_KazePosted 11/27/2012 4:54:53 AM
Or maybe they started cleaning things up by handing out bans or something. Things honestly are nowhere near as bad as they used to be or as bad as people say it is. Ran into about 15 or so other people with mics last night, one was some loudmouth kid (this one was more hilarious than anything), two douchebags and the rest were just your average player. Unfortunately they usually ended up on the other team and I got the ones in party chat.
#72pblimp360Posted 11/27/2012 4:55:18 AM
Kage-No_Kaze posted...
waldy1386 posted...
It's Obama and the economy

Don't blame me, I didn't vote for him.

So you supported Romney I assume and you support people using mics with the rest of these terrible mouth breathers/racist/sexists/idiots. Double fail.
---
#Halo 4
#73Kage-No_KazePosted 11/27/2012 4:59:55 AM
pblimp360 posted...
Kage-No_Kaze posted...
waldy1386 posted...
It's Obama and the economy

Don't blame me, I didn't vote for him.

So you supported Romney I assume and you support people using mics with the rest of these terrible mouth breathers/racist/sexists/idiots. Double fail.

Not registered to voe actually. Probably will next time around since I remembered that you vote for other things aside from the president. How anyone could want Mitt Raamney over Brumak Obama is just baffling.
#74pblimp360Posted 11/27/2012 5:03:09 AM
Dat Brumak...>_> GOW
---
#Halo 4
#75Asherlee10Posted 11/27/2012 5:51:03 AM
Kage-No_Kaze posted...
Things honestly are nowhere near as bad as they used to be or as bad as people say it is.

Thank you, too!

I have about 20 hours of multiplayer for Halo 4, and various other online games totaling in many, many more hours spent online with XBL. I have literally come across a very small percentage of 'annoying, screaming kids.'

I think most of the people posting in this topic are exaggerating.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
http://i.imgur.com/FwBee.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/nfZQy.jpg
#76Special-EddPosted 11/27/2012 6:19:59 AM
I only play when I've got friends on and we mostly just BS with each other about our going ons. I don't want to bother people with my random conversation or cursing while I play. You never know who is on the other side of the microphone and I don't like cursing in front of kids, yet I don't trust myself to moderate it while joking around with friends. I also rage at times when some funky stuff happens in the middle of a game and I don't want to annoy players with that either. Its much better to scream in my friends ears and have them laugh at the stuff that comes out of my mouth.
---
Playing: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, AC 3, Halo 4
Anticipating: Hitman: Absolution, Gears of War: Judgement, GoW: Ascension
#77SahdukPosted 11/27/2012 6:23:17 AM
Asherlee10 posted...
Kage-No_Kaze posted...
Things honestly are nowhere near as bad as they used to be or as bad as people say it is.

Thank you, too!

I have about 20 hours of multiplayer for Halo 4, and various other online games totaling in many, many more hours spent online with XBL. I have literally come across a very small percentage of 'annoying, screaming kids.'

I think most of the people posting in this topic are exaggerating.

There's trueskill in this game. If you're better than the people who complain about screaming kids you're probably better than the kids themselves and are being matched above their skill level.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGencYgmOWg
brick skwad represent
#78VeluxierPosted 11/27/2012 6:26:14 AM
I don't use a mic because when I do, I notice a decrease in connection quality.

So... I dont touch it unless I am playing something co-op with a friend who lives locally.
---
Now Playing: Borderlands 2, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Halo 4, Pokemon Black Version 2
#79Fade_ChokesPosted 11/27/2012 6:29:55 AM
Major_Marth posted...
I remember playing Halo 3 and there would ALWAYS be people using their mics and chatting. Either just random conversations or actual team communication. There were occasional times like that in Reach and now, its non-existent. I miss those days :(

I'm not your buddy, guy!
---
The Chief: "...you are also getting a new partner"
Blasto: "Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this one?"
#80BurnsDepartmentPosted 11/27/2012 6:30:43 AM
I see many more mic users here than I do on Mass Effect 3.
Though admittedly most of them are in parties, and the rest are too quiet for me to hear aside from two guys last night in Oddball.
Who mostly limited their sage wisdom to "GET THE BALL" and accusations of Down's Syndrome.

(More) on topic, I don't use my mic because I have difficulty speaking and Halo is the sort of game where people would be constantly subjected to my mangled TF2 quotes if I kept the mic on.
Which would probably be irritating for them.