Do you think that the Halo series needs a new protagonist?

#11kung_fu_gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 11:36:26 PM
fLiNo posted...
I loved Noble 6, because I could play campaign looking like whatever I wanted.

I also liked this feature lol I wish it would have carried over but I guess it wouldnt have made much sense in accordance to the story. But I liked Noble because he was actually a bad!@# not just lucky
#12Average_PotatoPosted 11/26/2012 11:38:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#13pblimp360Posted 11/27/2012 12:12:13 AM
kung_fu_gamer posted...
But I liked Noble because he was actually a bad!@# not just lucky

As if to say that the MC is only lucky?
---
#Halo 4
#14NovaLevossidaPosted 11/27/2012 12:54:56 AM(edited)
I guess this is a temp account for Fox then. At any rate, the moderation is sound. You can't spoil plot details of other works even on boards that aren't for them.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels
#15Average_PotatoPosted 11/27/2012 12:27:30 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
Average_Potato posted...
If anybody is curious.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1636/modsarebasicallyagang.png

I suggest you all be careful with your spoiler tags, or else the fascist gang-bangers that call themselves "moderators" will stab your account with a shiv then refuse to admit when they're wrong.

I guess this is a temp account for Fox then. At any rate, the moderation is sound. You can't spoil plot details of other works even on boards that aren't for them.

Its a fine rule in theory, although its an extremely limiting one that they refused to acknowledge the flaws in. They didn't choose to uphold the moderation because it was fair, they chose to uphold it because it was against me (this is not the first time they've modded a post under the violation "Posting while Sterlingfox") and because they can't admit that they're wrong.

Technically speaking, every topic on this board needs a spoiler tag under their ruling, and yet if any of them were reported they'd blow them off as frivolous mod requests. That's what bothers me more about it. They play favorites, and then when one of them makes a decision the others defend it like robots without any opinion of their own.
The "administrator" doesn't take any of the arguments presented into account, he goes "Well if the mods said it, then it passes". They set up a system for disputing moderations, but its a farce. The entire thing is just for show. The reality is that there is no law system, its a fascist dictatorship where whatever the mods decide is perfect and infallible.
---
Beware of the mods. They will indeed punish you, then refuse to admit when they're wrong.
#16NovaLevossidaPosted 11/27/2012 12:43:40 AM
Feel free to mark whatever pleases you. I can't think of anything worse to spoil than the fate of a main character of a work though. I'm surprised you even tried to contest that.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels
#17Average_PotatoPosted 11/27/2012 12:45:47 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
Feel free to mark whatever pleases you. I can't think of anything worse to spoil than the fate of a main character of a work though. I'm surprised you even tried to contest that.

I never stated what happened to him or that he died. And their explanation for why stating that Master Chief is alive is a different matter entirely (their words) completely contradicted the reason I was modded and defied their own logic.

I couldn't resist.
---
Beware of the mods. They will indeed punish you, then refuse to admit when they're wrong.
#18Veggie15Posted 11/27/2012 12:48:20 AM
ITT: A wannabe mod
---
Jumping feet first into hell isn't your job.
Making sure it's crowded when you get there is.
#19Spider5800Posted 11/27/2012 1:08:55 AM
Oh sure, they FINALLY do something to give MC a personality and you guys wanna replace him.

In all seriousness, I just want to be able to choose my armor in the campaign. Don't really care if I'm playing as MC or not, but customizing my Spartan makes him more personal for me. That was one of the best parts of the Reach campaign.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#20zeroboboPosted 11/27/2012 1:13:37 AM
yeah.
while i appreciate the attempts to make MC an actual character in halo 4.
i think an actual person would be more interesting at this point.

masterchief may technically be human, but he doesnt feel it. he doesn't feel alien, or robotic, he just feels empty. always has.
when your goofy AI in spartan ops feels more like a person than the protagonist of the entire series, thats a problem.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero