Do you think that the Halo series needs a new protagonist?

#21Blade_Of_IcePosted 11/27/2012 1:35:01 AM
yes, yes i do. Reach spoiled me with custom armor in the campaign I'm so ****ing sick of the Mjolnir armor...

Although if they just give us the option to play as MC and actually let me use MP armor i'll be happy.
#22GamingFoolDanPosted 11/27/2012 1:40:21 AM(edited)
kung_fu_gamer posted...
I mean Master Chief is awesome and will always be that but I think the whole him being lucky thing is getting kinda absurd. I mean he's drifting out in space and he just happens to be found again even if it is planned. But I feel like they need a fresh new main character for the next 2 games. Maybe bring Noble 6 back somehow? Anyone else feel this way?

No, I hope they carry on Master Chief's legacy and he dies in an honorable way at the end of the very last halo game that will ever follow his story.
#23Wolfsangel90Posted 11/27/2012 1:40:40 AM
Why would you care so much about using different armor in the campaign? You barely ever get to see it...
#24Blade_Of_IcePosted 11/27/2012 1:47:10 AM
Wolfsangel90 posted...
Why would you care so much about using different armor in the campaign? You barely ever get to see it...

cause it made the game feel more...i dont know how to say it...that was the armor i picked the armor i worked hard to get and it was rewarding to see it, spartan 6 was supposed to be anyone thats why they made it so he/she could be a male or female and it was just nice that you could make them your own.
#25StaticPenguinPosted 11/27/2012 1:49:15 AM
Honestly, I like the Chief and I feel he needs to stay.

That being said, I wish SpOps would offer what it doesn't. A unique experience where the IV's involved interacted with the other elements of the story. Would it have been that hard to get a male and female VA in the studio to record some dialogue for Crimson?

The IV's are what I loved about Reach. I like customizing my Spartan and watching her interact with her teammates and such.
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt
#26Urdnot_RuntPosted 11/27/2012 2:28:41 AM(edited)
Average_Potato posted...
Are you guys saying that Noble 6 didn't live through Halo Reach?

That's a massive spoiler.

It wasn't a spoiler until you kind of made it one through added context. Great job

Besides, everyone knows what happened on reach

PS, Darth Vader is Luke's father.
#27Urdnot_RuntPosted 11/27/2012 2:41:44 AM
Anyway, back on topic, ugh no. Replacing master chief is insanity. "Yeah, let's just replace him for the last two games, the explanation won't be convoluted at all and the fanbase will really connect with the new hero"...not.

zerobobo posted...
yeah.
when your goofy AI in spartan ops feels more like a person than the protagonist of the entire series, thats a problem.

No, it becomes a actual major defining element of the character himself, just like how cortana was always the more human of the two, that's THE WHOLE POINT. Which they did a masterful job of playing off of in halo 4.
#28Average_PotatoPosted 11/27/2012 2:41:50 AM
Urdnot_Runt posted...
Average_Potato posted...
Are you guys saying that Noble 6 didn't live through Halo Reach?

That's a massive spoiler.

It wasn't a spoiler until you kind of made it one through added context. Great job

Besides, everyone knows what happened on reach

PS, Darth Vader is Luke's father.

So you didn't read the rest of the topic? Great job.

To catch you up to speed with a blunt summary; I was modded for the same exact thing. So while we all know its not a spoiler, and the moderators know it isn't a spoiler (although they won't admit to it now since they made the mistake and therefore it is law) some assclown lurker doesn't and is likely to report it and get you temporarily banned.
---
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1636/modsarebasicallyagang.png
Beware of the mods. They will indeed punish you, then refuse to admit when they're wrong.
#29NailbombPosted 11/27/2012 2:48:50 AM
Average_Potato posted...
To catch you up to speed with a blunt summary; I was modded for the same exact thing. So while we all know its not a spoiler, and the moderators know it isn't a spoiler (although they won't admit to it now since they made the mistake and therefore it is law) some assclown lurker doesn't and is likely to report it and get you temporarily banned.

I don't think that "posting while Sterlingfox" rule applies to them.
---
I find it amusing that something a drunk person babbled at me is considered "common sense" by Dismind! - Brain Hammer
#30fLiNoPosted 11/27/2012 2:57:09 AM
I don't mind MC staying in the story, but I'd prefer to be my own Spartan, fighting alongside him.