So how is this game doing sales/ online player count wise?

#21Duwstai(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 2:08:04 AM
Well, I was 14 when Halo 2 came out, so I was old enough to play it.

You Halo 2 fan boys only remember the good stuff about Halo 2... It is funny. I remember when Halo 2 first came out and I was reading the reviews and the forums on it. Pretty much nothing but complaining, just like with Halo 4. When Halo 6 comes out, Halo 4 will be golden. It took Halo 2 like 3+ patches to be decent. Then you still had 90% of people using the "noob combo" and people using stand by on their routers.

Halo 2 also had A LOT less competition than Halo 4 does. So, duh, you are going to see a lot less numbers when the xbox live community split in so many ways. Back with Halo 2, it was pretty much the only decent xbox live game.

You see this is where your whole "argument" falls apart.

I still play Halo 2 to this day. And, Halo 2 isnt even my favorite Halo game. So your little "oh halo 2 fanboys lets just dismiss their opinions its just nostalgia" clearly isnt true.

Look, the game isnt perfect, no one claims it is. But that core gameplay, its still amazing to this day. And its still better than Halo 4s core gameplay. And Halo 3s, and Reaches. You know how its not nostalgia? A lot of us are STILL playing it. Its not good ole memories we are looking back on. Its pure gameplay, side by side comparisons.

Im betting you are the one who hasnt touched Halo 2 in over 6 years, yet supposedly its our opinions that should be dismissed because they are supposedly based on faulty memories (due to the magical word... "nostalgia". Whenever someone likes an older game, bam. Has to be nostalgia. It couldnt possibly just be that its a better game right?)

There is a reason Halo 2 is so loved. I know it pisses off the minority that hated Halo 2. But it was a great game, and in the majorities eyes, better than subsequent Halos. Youre just going to have to come to terms with that. Its a different kind of gameplay than H3- H4. If you dont like the H2 style of very fast, smooth and in depth gameplay, and prefer the more H4 style of a bit slower, more weighty feel to the controls, more shallow mechanics. Thats fine. But dont say its just nostalgia, because its just plain wrong.

And to be clear. Im really liking Halo 4. In fact, I think its the best Halo since H2. So Im not just some hater.
---
balls
#22Duwstai(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 2:09:59 AM
So I'll be the one to finally answer your question.

A month after launch, Halo 3 had like 600,000 on at any given time and Reach had like 400,000. Compared to Halo 4 which has like 150,000, its significantly lower.

After about a year, Halo 3 had 350,000 and Reach had like 240,000.

Thank you for finally answering me. I thought Halo 3s numbers were much higher after a year though?

Anyway, that is really really disappointing I have to say. People will look at that and think H4 is a failure (relative to other Halos). And thats a shame. WHile theres a lot of problems with the game, I still think its great, and the best since H2.

I wonder why its so much lower? I mean I know CoD is the juggernaut. But CoD was huge during the tail end of H3s run, and all of Reaches. Why is H4s so much lower?
---
balls
#23singhellotakuPosted 11/27/2012 4:51:38 AM
Its a halo game, so its sells great but is not a chart topper, i'm sure it's sitting around number 3 or so on live usage behind COD and such.
#24pblimp360Posted 11/27/2012 4:59:49 AM
Duwstai posted...
Look, the game isnt perfect, no one claims it is. But that core gameplay, its still amazing to this day. And its still better than Halo 4s core gameplay. And Halo 3s, and Reaches.

lol No. You can type out full paragraphs all day and you'd still be wrong. I've explained my reasoning before so I'm not typing it again, but if I find that topic I posted it in, I'll repost it here.
---
#Halo 4
#25eastgotenksPosted 11/27/2012 5:06:03 AM
Duwstai posted...
Well, I was 14 when Halo 2 came out, so I was old enough to play it.

You Halo 2 fan boys only remember the good stuff about Halo 2... It is funny. I remember when Halo 2 first came out and I was reading the reviews and the forums on it. Pretty much nothing but complaining, just like with Halo 4. When Halo 6 comes out, Halo 4 will be golden. It took Halo 2 like 3+ patches to be decent. Then you still had 90% of people using the "noob combo" and people using stand by on their routers.

Halo 2 also had A LOT less competition than Halo 4 does. So, duh, you are going to see a lot less numbers when the xbox live community split in so many ways. Back with Halo 2, it was pretty much the only decent xbox live game.

You see this is where your whole "argument" falls apart.

I still play Halo 2 to this day. And, Halo 2 isnt even my favorite Halo game. So your little "oh halo 2 fanboys lets just dismiss their opinions its just nostalgia" clearly isnt true.

Look, the game isnt perfect, no one claims it is. But that core gameplay, its still amazing to this day. And its still better than Halo 4s core gameplay. And Halo 3s, and Reaches. You know how its not nostalgia? A lot of us are STILL playing it. Its not good ole memories we are looking back on. Its pure gameplay, side by side comparisons.

Im betting you are the one who hasnt touched Halo 2 in over 6 years, yet supposedly its our opinions that should be dismissed because they are supposedly based on faulty memories (due to the magical word... "nostalgia". Whenever someone likes an older game, bam. Has to be nostalgia. It couldnt possibly just be that its a better game right?)

There is a reason Halo 2 is so loved. I know it pisses off the minority that hated Halo 2. But it was a great game, and in the majorities eyes, better than subsequent Halos. Youre just going to have to come to terms with that. Its a different kind of gameplay than H3- H4. If you dont like the H2 style of very fast, smooth and in depth gameplay, and prefer the more H4 style of a bit slower, more weighty feel to the controls, more shallow mechanics. Thats fine. But dont say its just nostalgia, because its just plain wrong.

And to be clear. Im really liking Halo 4. In fact, I think its the best Halo since H2. So Im not just some hater.

Just played it the other day actually to see if my original xbox still worked. I got to say I lost interest pretty quickly. You like to put words in the other person's mouth and base your arguments off that. I never said I hated Halo 2 at any time. I am just saying "MOST" people are blinded by the nostalgia because it was their first real xbox live halo experience. I am def looking forward to a Halo 2 HD edition and will get it on launch.

And please download a spell check for your browser, I am seeing a lot of red squiggles.
#26iRGushPosted 11/27/2012 5:15:16 AM
Its not doing that well tbh, it has 100-130k players at the peak times, reach of all games had 70k 2 years into its cycle. Halo 3 just blows the numbers out of the water. Christmas will probably revive the dwindling population. Maybe an actual TU to the fix game.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#27Kcrone1988Posted 11/27/2012 5:25:15 AM
Slightly off topic. With regards to Halo 2 my biggest disappointment is not get an Xbox until the 360 came out and H3. After H3 I played the H2 campaign and was a little disappointed.

I would love to go back and see what the fuss was about and if it was as good as the majority of people say it was.

I thought H3 was one of the greatest games I have ever played, BUT this is a massively biased view as it was my first next gen FPS online game.
---
Horses - Dangerous at both ends crafty in the middle!
Not removing this tag till the Eagles win a SB! (started 26/01/12)
#28GotTruthPosted 11/27/2012 5:36:36 AM
"I'm sure Call of Duty has over 1 million playing it."

and Jersey Shore was a killer in its time slot. Doesnt mean it was a good show, it means thats who many worthless people were watching TV at the time. Same goes for the HORRIFIC display of child abuse known as "Honey baby boo boo". Just because oyu can convince 2million brain dead mongaloids to watch something doesn't make it good.

"Halo would have more players, but the kids prefer CoD. It is a lot easier and noob friendly"

^ this, this, and once more; THIS! BO1 and MW3 were some of the most mind numbing experiences I have even undertaken. As a result I wont be buy a Tryarch game for a long while. Activision didn't do so bad with MW3 but the could keep a coherent narrative going thru the Campaign and that frankly; killed the experience for me.
---
Hey, knuckle dragger. You are aware that there is no "J" in the word Soldier, right?
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#29ArcGuardPosted 11/27/2012 6:13:25 AM
Average_Potato posted...
Duwstai posted...
Anyway... People seem to like it better than Reach, but all of a sudden Halo 2 was the best game ever made, which is obviously nostalgia.

Please dont comment on Halo 2, if you obviously were too young to play Halo 2.

Thanks.

How many players did H3 and Reach have a month after launch?

So I'll be the one to finally answer your question.

A month after launch, Halo 3 had like 600,000 on at any given time and Reach had like 400,000. Compared to Halo 4 which has like 150,000, its significantly lower.

After about a year, Halo 3 had 350,000 and Reach had like 240,000.

Where are you getting your numbers from? Because Reach had more players than 3 at any given time. Bungie confirmed that.
#30Brendy_BoyPosted 11/27/2012 7:16:05 AM
Average_Potato posted...
According to the "Halo Fans" (the folks who hate Reach), this game is the biggest failure of the series.

I hate Reach, and this game is much better than reach, therefore not the biggest failure of the series.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Brendover
PSN: BabyInABrender