Halo:Reach vs Halo 4 Armor Comparison

#1KurtHecticPosted 11/27/2012 4:12:10 AM
Is it just me, or is there really no hype about certain armor pieces for Halo 4? Back when Halo:Reach was in its prime, it seemed as though everyone wanted security shoulders/Jorge's chest/Emile's chest/Mk. VI helmet/gungnir helmet/security helmet/EVA-C helmet/breacher wrist/grenadier knees, etc... I remember the time when if you wore any of the aforementioned armor pieces, you were more accepted in the Reach community (more or less)

And Halo 3 had its "C4N i HaZ R3C0N???" hype

Maybe it is just me, but I don't feel as though Halo 4 has the same "wow" factor when it comes to spartan armor compared to previous installments. None of the armor permutations really seem to stand out to me.

I am probably in the minority on this, but I feel Reach had a better selection for armor. I miss when you could really personalize your armor with different helmet attachments and create a unique look for yourself. Halo 3 also had some nice armor selections (given H3 first introduced custom armor pieces). But I look at Halo 4, and I feel: "meh"

Anyone else feel this way?
#2zeroboboPosted 11/27/2012 4:17:48 AM
i remember halo 3. there was all those "exclusive" and "hard to get" pieces that werent really hard to get.
like that stupid sword. EVERYONE used that. it was goofy as hell. halo 3's was probably the worst, since most of it was pretty lame, and all built around "getting this sick helmt bro" when it was a dumb helmet, and a stupid sword chest.

Reach was pretty good, you could customize your guy however you liked and most of the stuff looked pretty good.

Halo 4's is alright, i'd say reach had better helmets, theres ALOT of helmets in halo 4 that i just question the design of it. like oceanic. wtf? who would design a helmet like that? stuff is right in the way of your vision....
then i think its Defender, if you imagine an actual persons head in it. the visor is over your mouth and nose, but theres helmet in the way of where your eyes are. it makes no sense.

still some look pretty cool.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#3fLiNoPosted 11/27/2012 4:18:27 AM
The only one would be Fotus Armor, considering you only get that from the console. Here's hoping 343i has something planned, they could release MC's armor set from the campaign, or even some forerunner-esque armor sets.
#4L337_MuffenPosted 11/27/2012 4:19:37 AM
Yea a lot of the armour is awkward looking to me, I preferred Reach's armour.
To be honest I was hoping they were going to bring back Halo 3 armour colour customization where you could choose each armour pieces colour.
But no rainbow spartan for me :(
---
Be careful around explosions, they're contagious.
GT: L337 Muffen
#5Veggie15Posted 11/27/2012 4:21:15 AM
fLiNo posted...
The only one would be Fotus Armor, considering you only get that from the console. Here's hoping 343i has something planned, they could release MC's armor set from the campaign, or even some forerunner-esque armor sets.

MC's armor is unlockable.

As far as forerunner-esque goes, Fotus resembles promethean knight helmets.
---
Jumping feet first into hell isn't your job.
Making sure it's crowded when you get there is.
#6Mr_FeeshPosted 11/27/2012 4:22:23 AM
Veggie15 posted...
fLiNo posted...

MC's armor is unlockable.

Supposedly it's not exactly the same. I haven't done a side by side comparison, so I can't really say.
---
NAKNAKNAKNAKNAKNAKNAK
#7High_WarlordPosted 11/27/2012 4:25:27 AM
I like some of the armor in 4, but really most of it looks basically all the same to me. At least in Reach most armor pieces had their own individual look to them. You could see a chest piece and go, "Ohhh, that's the <so in so> chest piece. Nice.". In Halo 4 I can barely tell a difference between any of the torso armor, except for a certain few of them. Most of them look mostly the same.
---
A human mage, elf archer and dwarf warrior walk into a bar.
Now loading, please wait...
#8RednachtPosted 11/27/2012 4:58:48 AM
I like my locus helmet.
#9The BeansterPosted 11/27/2012 7:02:37 AM
most of the armor, especially the helmets, look incredibly stupid in Halo 4, but I've never thought that in-game armor was meaningful at all... never understood the recon craze in H3 or the chasing of particular armors in Reach
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage
#10Kage-No_KazePosted 11/27/2012 7:33:44 AM
Personally my only beef with Halo 4's armor is the absence of things like this http://www.halopedia.org/MJOLNIR_Powered_Assault_Armor/Assault_variant
I really loved all the little things like this and the accessory slots in Reach.