Halo:Reach vs Halo 4 Armor Comparison

#21KurtHectic(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 12:51:32 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems as though Fotus and Locus are the two most wanted armor skins for Halo 4. They still seem rather "meh" to me though...

And what's with the skull decal on the orbital helmet? Is this supposed to be the next generation EVA-C (Emile's helmet from Reach). I do use orbital, but not because of the skull decal. It's the closest resembling helmet from Reach's pilot helmet. I have a lot of good memories using that helmet

Mr_Feesh posted...
Veggie15 posted...
fLiNo posted...
The only one would be Fotus Armor, considering you only get that from the console. Here's hoping 343i has something planned, they could release MC's armor set from the campaign, or even some forerunner-esque armor sets.

MC's armor is unlockable.

Supposedly it's not exactly the same. I haven't done a side by side comparison, so I can't really say.

MC's campaign armor and the armor unlocked after beating H4 on legendary are not the same. MC's Mark VI armor used for infinity/war games is more the original Mk. VI from Halo 2/3. I am not sure if 343 will release MC's campaign armor for war games later down the road; I don't see why they wouldn't.
#22DaovinPosted 11/27/2012 12:58:28 PM(edited)
That's not a 'wow factor', it's 'I have something that you don't have' factor.

Wow factor is having a samurai sword on your back for no reason!
---
I would like to ride your method of conveyance, for reals.
#23KurtHectic(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 12:57:37 PM
-shrugs- I know, but i'm speaking in general terms about Halo 4's armor selection compared to Halo 3 and Reach
#24ZeroSkyPosted 11/27/2012 1:05:12 PM
KurtHectic posted...
Anyone else feel this way?

Yes. I've thought the Spartan-IVs were hideous from the first footage I saw of them. Most configurations to me look like a Crysis bodysuit with a few random metal pieces tacked on. Some of the pieces don't even appear to fit properly, especially on the female character model.

And I still miss my Mk V helmet.
#25uniballer92Posted 11/27/2012 1:14:45 PM
I miss the MJONIR Mark V, at least give us the Helmet again. Its the best helmet in the series to me.

By the way, Armor DLC anyone? It seems possible. Maybe with Map Pack purchase?
---
I'm Not Even Remotely Dorky (send me a message if you get this and you will get props for it). Props given:16
Gamertag: Spudball
#26KurtHectic(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 1:29:53 PM
Halo Reach Armor> Halo 4 Armor

Wanna know what else I miss?

Jun's Tactical Patrol/ghillie chest. I miss that thing!

Wrist gadgets and utilities: These made your spartan look more practical/realistic.

Chests in Reach actually seemed to serve functional purposes (even though they were purely cosmetic), I.E. Patrol chest= more camouflage, great for snipers and designated marksmen.

Grenadier: held more grenades/explosives

Recon/LRP: Pockets on the chest for storing more ammo/supplies

Armor Utilities: Trauma kit (for first aid), hard case/soft case (hold more stuff)

They should bring Mk. V back as well, for nostalgic purposes.

Spartans in Reach just seemed more practical and/or realistic
#27AlchemicSpartanPosted 11/27/2012 1:42:53 PM
KurtHectic posted...
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems as though Fotus and Locus are the two most wanted armor skins for Halo 4. They still seem rather "meh" to me though...

And what's with the skull decal on the orbital helmet? Is this supposed to be the next generation EVA-C (Emile's helmet from Reach). I do use orbital, but not because of the skull decal. It's the closest resembling helmet from Reach's pilot helmet. I have a lot of good memories using that helmet

Mr_Feesh posted...
Veggie15 posted...
fLiNo posted...
The only one would be Fotus Armor, considering you only get that from the console. Here's hoping 343i has something planned, they could release MC's armor set from the campaign, or even some forerunner-esque armor sets.

MC's armor is unlockable.

Supposedly it's not exactly the same. I haven't done a side by side comparison, so I can't really say.

MC's campaign armor and the armor unlocked after beating H4 on legendary are not the same. MC's Mark VI armor used for infinity/war games is more the original Mk. VI from Halo 2/3. I am not sure if 343 will release MC's campaign armor for war games later down the road; I don't see why they wouldn't.

MC's campaign armor is MarkVII. Supposedly only 343 employees have that armor.
---
Xbox: AlchemicSpartan
#28Bluestar72Posted 11/27/2012 1:44:54 PM
In my opinion, Halo 4 has better helmets and torso pieces, but Reach had better details elsewhere.

I'm probably the only the guy that likes Halo 4's helmets. Back in Reach, every single helmet aside from EOD, EVA, and the ones with skull decals looked like carbon copies of the Mk. V and VI armor.

That said, I still miss Hayabusa.

Maybe we can get more specializations added to get more armor, Mods, and Tac Packages? And perhaps, given testing, more loadout weapons?
/still hopes to get a shotgun start regardless of community butthurt
---
How many lasers does it take to open a bank account at McDonalds?
#29tarzanmxPosted 11/27/2012 1:52:49 PM
I like 4's more. Then again, the Helmet I like (Air Assault) is basically the same, so that's probably a reason. A lot of choices seem just fine to me, and I've actually seem some variety in War Games, unlike Reach where everyone had either the EVA (C), the Security Shoulders, Grenadier/UA, or a robot arm. Bonus points for EVA (C), Security Shoulders, and Grenadier/UA chest all in one.
---
Rarity is best Pony. Yes, I'm a Brony. No, I'm not gonna try to get you to watch the show or dislike you if you don't. People can like different things.
#30SpecimenXsr388Posted 11/30/2012 9:27:36 AM
I was just thinking things like that earlier while I was playing. Reach's armor selection was fantastic, with lots of room to make a unique setup thanks to the number of pieces and mutations of helmets and such. Most of the pieces were easily differentiated from everything else, too. Most of the things in Halo 4 look nearly identical to other pieces, and not many of them are that attractive to begin with. I haven't gotten to 50 yet, I'm really hoping that the specializations add in some more attractive pieces to mix in other than helmets.

They might be able to blame it on story and have it make sense because it's a different generation of spartans with different ideas about the program, (I haven't heard them try, just a thought) but it does make me a little sad that I can't make something that doesn't look like just about everybody else.