DMR nerf or BR buff?

#1KamikazeCactuarPosted 11/27/2012 7:41:34 AM
Right now the DMR > BR by a long shot. Should the DMR get a nerf in ROF or should the BR get buff in damage(bring back the good ol' 4 shot)?

I'm thinking they should increase the BR's damage.
---
GT - A Lvl1 Krabby
#2monkey_on_tvPosted 11/27/2012 7:43:30 AM
DMR rate of fire im thinking!
---
GT: Leon Whybray
#3The BeansterPosted 11/27/2012 7:44:08 AM
just make the BR a 4-shot and be done with it... then the BR is better at close/mid range and the DMR better at long range

the only downside I can see is that it might make the firepower perk semi-required, as you'd want to have both the DMR and BR
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage
#4Asherlee10Posted 11/27/2012 7:44:31 AM
How many triggers pulls does it take to kill someone with the DMR and the BR, respectively?
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
http://i.imgur.com/FwBee.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/nfZQy.jpg
#5Kcrone1988Posted 11/27/2012 7:44:42 AM
BR damage. I see no valid reason why these guns should not be almost exactly the same apart from being burst of single shot
---
Horses - Dangerous at both ends crafty in the middle!
Not removing this tag till the Eagles win a SB! (started 26/01/12)
#6elitewarrior500Posted 11/27/2012 7:45:35 AM
someone on waypoint figured out the killtimes for the starting precision weapons and well just see for yourself

MasterPwn3141
Recruit - Iron

Ok. I've seen all these misinformed people claiming about the killtimes and how DMR kills in 1.6 seconds or 1.7 seconds or whatever it is now, so I went into theater, tested the killtimes by frames, and here are my results. I don't care what anyone says, not my friends, not you guys, not even 343i, because THESE are the actual killtimes according to the actual GAME. No stopwatches, no computer timers, just the actual game.

DMR- 1.46 seconds
BR- 1.73 seconds
Carbine- 1.63 seconds
LR- 1.4 seconds zoomed, 1.76 unzoomed
---
oh
#7BurnsDepartmentPosted 11/27/2012 7:47:40 AM
BR and DMR aren't the only two weapons.
If we keep the DMR as it is, almost everything else is going to need a huge buff, because the CQB weapons have only slightly more power than the DMR in exchange for hugely limited range and no multiple kills before reloading.

In fact, if we buffed CQB weapons to a level where they compete with the current DMR, we'd probably have to redo all the close range power weapons to compete with those, and it would overall be a huge hassle that I fear might bring us too close to COD-esque killtimes.

So, I support nerfing the DMR and rebalancing the Carbine so it isn't a less-ammo, lower-mag, multiple-shots DMR.
#8The BeansterPosted 11/27/2012 7:52:27 AM
BurnsDepartment posted...
If we keep the DMR as it is, almost everything else is going to need a huge buff, because the CQB weapons have only slightly more power than the DMR in exchange for hugely limited range and no multiple kills before reloading.

In fact, if we buffed CQB weapons to a level where they compete with the current DMR, we'd probably have to redo all the close range power weapons to compete with those, and it would overall be a huge hassle that I fear might bring us too close to COD-esque killtimes.

So, I support nerfing the DMR and rebalancing the Carbine so it isn't a less-ammo, lower-mag, multiple-shots DMR.

I'm not sure you understand the point of this game or this thread...

Here's a hint: It's not about making all weapons equal.
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage
#9SupaflyGibsonPosted 11/27/2012 7:58:49 AM
KamikazeCactuar posted...
...by a long shot...

Oh I see what you did there.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#10BurnsDepartmentPosted 11/27/2012 8:00:01 AM
The Beanster posted...
BurnsDepartment posted...

I'm not sure you understand the point of this game or this thread...

Here's a hint: It's not about making all weapons equal.

The entire point of a loadout system is that all the weapons are equally powerful in their own way.
That is the axiomatic principle of customization in games like this; that you have a reason to choose everything.
Why would 343 allow several weapons to be spawned with in multiplayer then only make two good?

In fact, if they're going that far, why wouldn't it be their intention that only one was good, so I can refute what you just said with your own logic? If 343 intended on CQB weapons sucking, they obviously intended on the BR sucking as well, didn't they?