I don't get what is so annoying about the DMR?

#21pblimp360Posted 11/27/2012 5:56:23 PM
This guy did a comparison video which favors the DMR in accuracy and rate of fire...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj1jyTcAtdQ

So yeah, the DMR is a better marksman gun...But it should be, right?

But in the end it all comes down to strategy and movement I think as I move and strafe a lot and often win those battles. *shrugs*
---
#Halo 4
#22I have no namePosted 11/27/2012 6:11:13 PM
xMachRiderx posted...
I have no name posted...
Didn't someone post a google doc a while back that showed the carbine had the fastest kill time?

And doesn't the lightrifle kill in 4 shots zoomed in?

Personally I want to see someone do a test to determine the killtimes for all the weapons and their effective ranges. Those two numbers would end all the bickering over whether the DMR is overpowered or if the boltshot really does OSK from a farther distance than the shotgun/scattershot. Unfortunately I doubt that will ever happen since without the bickering this would probably be an empty board.

From another thread-

MasterPwn3141
Recruit - Iron

Ok. I've seen all these misinformed people claiming about the killtimes and how DMR kills in 1.6 seconds or 1.7 seconds or whatever it is now, so I went into theater, tested the killtimes by frames, and here are my results. I don't care what anyone says, not my friends, not you guys, not even 343i, because THESE are the actual killtimes according to the actual GAME. No stopwatches, no computer timers, just the actual game.

DMR- 1.46 seconds
BR- 1.73 seconds
Carbine- 1.63 seconds
LR- 1.4 seconds zoomed, 1.76 unzoomed

Alright so their really is no reason not to use the DMR. I will never understand how developers can't grasp the concept of weapon balance. The FAMAS in Black Ops, the m16a3 in Battlefield 3 and now the DMR in Halo 4. How do they get to release without a single developer looking at the stats and noticing one gun is better in every single category?
---
"Sir, I don't think I'd care to look at a nun's legs. It'd be very impolite."
"You'll just have to force yourself Godfrey. This is war!"
#23pblimp360Posted 11/27/2012 6:13:54 PM
I have no name posted...
How do they get to release without a single developer looking at the stats and noticing one gun is better in every single category?

Maybe they knew this and wanted it this way? I'm sure you've come to the thought that the people who make this game know their own game, right?
---
#Halo 4
#24RoneZoneFitnessPosted 11/27/2012 6:25:15 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#25pblimp360Posted 11/27/2012 6:29:23 PM(edited)
What a stupid and useless reply. I am that much better even without it. Simply out shooting someone =/= the better/stronger player.

Oh, and I don't use the BR because I want to be different but because *gasp!* I actually like it more.

---
#Halo 4
#26That1GuyyPosted 11/27/2012 6:31:20 PM
pblimp360 posted...
Simply out shooting someone =/= the better/stronger player.

That isn't even what he said. Given two players of equivalent skill, one with a BR and one with a DMR, the DMR will always win because it gives a statisitical advantage to two otherwise equal players.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#27RoneZoneFitnessPosted 11/27/2012 6:31:27 PM
pblimp360 posted...
What a stupid and useless reply. I am that much better even without it. Simply out shooting someone =/= the better/stronger player.

Oh, and I don't use the BR because I want to be different but because *gasp!* I actually like it more.

You are incredibly dense, you obviously don't understand simple concepts. I'm sure you're every bit the player you claim to be. lol
#28pblimp360Posted 11/27/2012 6:38:54 PM(edited)
That1Guyy posted...
That isn't even what he said. Given two players of equivalent skill, one with a BR and one with a DMR, the DMR will always win because it gives a statisitical advantage to two otherwise equal players.

And who's to say I haven't killed plenty of people as skilled as me? Or are we to assume everyone I've beaten with my BR is inferior? You can't be serious.

RoneZoneFitness posted...
You are incredibly dense, you obviously don't understand simple concepts. I'm sure you're every bit the player you claim to be. lol

I'm dense but you're so upset that you're insulting me because I prefer a different gun than you? How stupid does one have to be to do what you're doing?

And I understand simple concepts just fine. You're having trouble understanding that in a battle players do more than simply shoot at each other and stand still. There's strategy in everything. But I'm sure you're one of those who need the crutch of the DMR to make you feel as if you're any good.

---
#Halo 4
#29MlCKHEADPosted 11/27/2012 6:41:00 PM
That1Guyy posted...
pblimp360 posted...
Simply out shooting someone =/= the better/stronger player.

I don't think its always so simple though. The BR fires three shots at a time, so if one DMR shot is missed its alot worse than missing one of three BR shots. At mid-close range in my opinion its not so black-and-white.
#30That1GuyyPosted 11/27/2012 6:42:32 PM
pblimp360 posted...
And who's to say I haven't killed plenty of people as skilled as me? Or are we to assume everyone I've beaten with my BR is inferior? You can't be serious.

A single duel isn't enough to determine skill between two players. People do not play perfectly consistently, and positioning can greatly change the outcome of a battle. And if you consistently beat a player, that is pretty much the definition of you being better.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.