Passing the Oddball

#1hungryfoodPosted 11/27/2012 5:56:37 PM
I've been killing time in the FFA throwback playlist and have been practicing throwing the oddball in order to disarm opponents. I just find it funny throwing the oddball at incoming opponents and seeing them panic as their gun disappears, then proceed to shoot them as they stand defenseless.

So has anyone tried this tactic? I have yet to find someone willing to throw the oddball back in a volley lol.
#2cougarman21Posted 11/27/2012 6:00:24 PM
hungryfood posted...
I've been killing time in the FFA throwback playlist and have been practicing throwing the oddball in order to disarm opponents. I just find it funny throwing the oddball at incoming opponents and seeing them panic as their gun disappears, then proceed to shoot them as they stand defenseless.

So has anyone tried this tactic? I have yet to find someone willing to throw the oddball back in a volley lol.

a friend and i got really good at playing hot potato or monkey in the middle with the oddball in the team play set, im really hoping when grifball is dropped that we have the chance to pass the ball too. Its gonna open up so much as far as how that game can be played.
---
XBL: Juice el Savior
Currently Playing: Halo 4, CS:GO, The Walking Dead, and random Fire Emblem GBA Hacks...
#3DutchehPosted 11/27/2012 6:01:54 PM
typically I'm staying near a cliff to dive off of when I play oddball, so easy to do on Adrift.

I think I had an opponent do this to me as I was getting ready to throw a grenade at him and ended up playing hot potato with the ball lol.
---
"Tryhards is a slang word for men with erectile disfunction, which is an actual disease that people don't 'choose' to have." -cayerful1
#4bearded_moosePosted 11/27/2012 6:11:35 PM
TC, my friends and i have been doing that since week 1.

it was wonderful until we started running into people who did it back to us...
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
Wookie_Is_Back is my new favorite.11/9/12
#5NailbombPosted 11/27/2012 6:32:24 PM
I had an enemy try that on me once. It ended with a smooth moves medal on my service record.
---
I find it amusing that something a drunk person babbled at me is considered "common sense" by Dismind! - Brain Hammer
#6UbercrazymanPosted 11/30/2012 10:47:44 AM
I use that tactic all the time lol
#7UnamedSoldier0oPosted 11/30/2012 10:54:13 AM
I've literally been doing this since launch day. The amount of free kills it gives me are staggering.
#8thethirdthoughtPosted 11/30/2012 10:56:08 AM(edited)
TC, I've been recently trying that tactic as well. It gets pretty funny once they start panicking.