So why don't we have the "Forge World" type maps popping up yet?

#1NaichingeruPosted 11/27/2012 6:24:36 PM
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe there's Erosion and Ravine, one in space, and there's a lot of potential not being utilized. It's killing my motivation to play this game because as much as people joke about it... it's true. Haven, Ragnarok, occasionally Exile. We need more.
---
GT: Sensei Ponzor.
"The greatest part of mankind floats betwixt vice and virtue."
#2bearded_moosePosted 11/27/2012 6:30:14 PM
i'm currently working on a big team map for Impact.

i have gravity volumes all across the asteroid belt (to make it playable) and i'm in the process of building a base on the blank asteroid. i'm also making a bridge up above the asteroid belt that's going to have a small outpost in the middle with man-cannons to either of the large 'roids.

i know it has to be perfect for 343 to take notice, so i'm taking my time and making everything balanced. i'll put it on my fileshare and let the board know when it's done.

i'm also working on a Mongoose racetrack and a ghost racetrack.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
Wookie_Is_Back is my new favorite.11/9/12
#3Naichingeru(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 6:31:40 PM
bearded_moose posted...
i'm currently working on a big team map for Impact.

i have gravity volumes all across the asteroid belt (to make it playable) and i'm in the process of building a base on the blank asteroid. i'm also making a bridge up above the asteroid belt that's going to have a small outpost in the middle with man-cannons to either of the large 'roids.

i know it has to be perfect for 343 to take notice, so i'm taking my time and making everything balanced. i'll put it on my fileshare and let the board know when it's done.

i'm also working on a Mongoose racetrack and a ghost racetrack.

And this, is exactly what we need. Thank you, and I look forward to seeing it when it's finished!
---
#4clivo100Posted 11/27/2012 6:33:51 PM
Impact is such an enormous map with so much potential, even if it doesn't look it at first. Looking forward to this. I personally enjoyed messing around by way of using a 300% jump and 50% gravity trait zone spanning the asteroid field for navigation from one side to the other. Very impractical, but fun. =P
---
Xbox 360 GT: evilc100
#5Naichingeru(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 6:38:57 PM
clivo100 posted...
Impact is such an enormous map with so much potential, even if it doesn't look it at first. Looking forward to this. I personally enjoyed messing around by way of using a 300% jump and 50% gravity trait zone spanning the asteroid field for navigation from one side to the other. Very impractical, but fun. =P

And it has zero exposure in matchmaking, right? :(
---
#6vice_dragonPosted 11/27/2012 6:44:13 PM
They should have had some pre made maps on those forge areas and had them in the select map roster, With several different builds for the many game types.

also should have made extraction a match made game type.

I find it silly there are so many unused assets.
---
How much mud could a mudcrab crab if a mudcrab could crab mud?
#7clivo100Posted 11/27/2012 6:44:29 PM
Naichingeru posted...
clivo100 posted...

And it has zero exposure in matchmaking, right? :(

Right.
---
Xbox 360 GT: evilc100
#8XXHornDogXXPosted 11/27/2012 7:09:44 PM
The space forge world map would be so much better if we had more then 1 air vehicle..... Like wtf 343 you dont give us the hornet, falcon, hawk or even the pelican which you tease us by letting us use it in the story. And on top of that, you nerf the banshee to hell.
---
no Sig master race
#9XXHornDogXXPosted 11/27/2012 7:09:55 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10bearded_moosePosted 11/27/2012 7:25:26 PM
XXHornDogXX posted...
The space forge world map would be so much better if we had more then 1 air vehicle..... Like wtf 343 you dont give us the hornet, falcon, hawk or even the pelican which you tease us by letting us use it in the story. And on top of that, you nerf the banshee to hell.

like i said, i'm going to build a wide bridge over the top of the asteroids with a small(ish) outpost located in the middle. the purpose of this bridge is to create an area that can be held (with turrets) against warthogs and maybe even ghosts. i want the map to be playable for big team CTF and oddball as well as big team slayer, so making a vehicle friendly area is a must. the outpost is basically going to be a place to hold up enemy vehicles.

i'm placing random wall fragments phased into the asteroids (for cover when taking the foot path) as well as floating debris (to simulate wreckage of ships that crashed into the asteroids).

i wish there were covenant or promethean building options so i could make the two bases look different. =(
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
Wookie_Is_Back is my new favorite.11/9/12