Cortana (HUGE SPOILERS)

#11sinyxPosted 11/27/2012 8:22:25 PM
And yet, Halsey looks nothing like Cortana even in shape. Dat ass Cortana. Dat ass.
---
Haters mean you're doing your job right.
GT and PSN: sinyx
#12VirtrudianPosted 11/27/2012 9:00:05 PM
domesplitter13 posted...
did her boobs make it, or did they die too.

not sure if they touched on this in the ending. maybe i missed it.

Well when she said "most of me is down there" (possibly botched that quote a little) I figured she was referring to her boobs.
---
Official Ash Ketchum of the ACIII boards.
PSN - Otherside7
#13Demigod_ElessarPosted 11/27/2012 10:49:02 PM
I would have probably been more shocked/emotional if I hadn't had it spoiled for me by some douchebag on the board here who said it in a topic title, two weeks before release.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar (I was formerly Demigod Tyek on these boards)
#14bolandjfPosted 11/27/2012 10:51:49 PM
Emir_Parkreiner posted...
To die you have to be alive in the first place.

THIS!! Cortana was never technically alive so she can't possibly die. Even if she could die, she definitely didn't at the end of Halo 4. They might want you to believe she did but she'll be back for Halo 5.
#15AoENIACPosted 11/27/2012 11:33:35 PM
But Curtana (the sword) was of the same temper as Durendal (the sword).

I take that as an implication that Cortana (the AI) is of the same temper as Durandal (the AI) and that she'll be back.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#16AoENIACPosted 11/27/2012 11:35:39 PM
bolandjf posted...

THIS!! Cortana was never technically alive so she can't possibly die. Even if she could die, she definitely didn't at the end of Halo 4. They might want you to believe she did but she'll be back for Halo 5.

How are you defining life? Because "smart" AIs are made from human brains and Cortana was actually made from a LIVING human brain so they are essentially digitized minds. So what makes them different from brains in jars besides being composed of voltage potentials rather than organic molecules?
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#17Dr WhoopassPosted 11/27/2012 11:36:17 PM
But Durandal never "died", only Leela did and Tycho was thought to have but he was co-opted by the Phfor....

*marathon fan brofist*
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#18bolandjfPosted 11/27/2012 11:45:36 PM
AoENIAC posted...
bolandjf posted...

How are you defining life? Because "smart" AIs are made from human brains and Cortana was actually made from a LIVING human brain so they are essentially digitized minds. So what makes them different from brains in jars besides being composed of voltage potentials rather than organic molecules?

You said it yourself. They're not composed of organic molecules. It doesn't matter what she used to be, she's not anymore. A brain in a jar is not alive. A brain attached to a body with a nervous and circulatory system is.
#19AoENIACPosted 11/27/2012 11:50:16 PM
Leela didn't even die, she was just disassembled. Then reassembled. Then took over an alien interplanetary network. You'd be surprised what having that much medium to expand into can do for your rampancy.

Also, I was kind of hoping that the recorded memories of the Librarian had done something to Cortana when it nabbed her to make chief find it. It would have been somewhat like when Durandal merges with Thoth. That ended up helping Durandal I feel, a whole lot, and it would have helped Cortana too I imagine.

Speaking of that, we never really see the Didact destroy the Librarian's data, and given their history together hinted at in Halo 3's terminals, I doubt he would have had the heart to erase her.

So for all we know she's still chilling back on Requiem with pieces of Cortana waiting for the Spartan Ops to finish so Chief can make a cameo at the end and find out about this.
---
#20domesplitter13Posted 11/28/2012 2:37:32 PM(edited)
Virtrudian posted...
domesplitter13 posted...
did her boobs make it, or did they die too.

not sure if they touched on this in the ending. maybe i missed it.

Well when she said "most of me is down there" (possibly botched that quote a little) I figured she was referring to her boobs.

OOOOOooooh ya, that's right. No wonder she was so sad, she new Chief wouldn't want her anymore. It all makes since now.

good find.