i believe the DMR's rate of fire should be lowered

#21NatedPosted 11/27/2012 9:43:02 PM
I love topics like this

it makes it so easy to tell who played halo 1/2 decently at competitive levels and who played 4v4 blood gulch with plasma pistol start

The weapons should absolutely not be touched. Halo isn't a game about all weapons being equal. Halo is meant to be played with everyone starting with the same weapon and fighting for power weapons which provide advantages in certain situations. The halo 1 pistol. The halo 2/3 BR. The halo Reach DMR. That is Halo. If you don't like that, you don't like Halo.

The loadouts were a step in the wrong direction, but sincethere are prominent weapons with choice in only a few variations makes it balanced.

The fact that the weapon balance is the way it is currently and also the fact that it will never change proves that 343 is capable of making a well balanced and competitive halo game.
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/nated-1581/
GT: Nated
#22txbullyPosted 11/27/2012 9:43:34 PM
they should do away with all the weapons and melee, so no one has to lose.

no

sell your xbox and buy checkers
---
GT: stonefaceCal
I love you and there's nothing you can do about it.
#23The BeansterPosted 11/27/2012 9:43:35 PM
Visibility posted...
Having one weapon that is vastly superior to everything else isn't a good thing.

Go play some other game then. Halo is about skill with one dominant weapon. Halo CE by far was the best game at showing skill differences between players, in part because of the pistol having amazing range/accuracy and a very fast potential kill time.

Halo 2 and 3 were OK but slowed things down... Reach slowed to an absolute crawl with the inclusion of sprint/etc + bloom.

geez... all the baddies suddenly have come out of the woodwork crying about how Halo is a game dominated by one gun...

Guess what? The sky is blue too. Maybe you'd like it to be green, but most people like it blue just the way it is.
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage
#24xoAxeloxPosted 11/27/2012 9:44:21 PM
The Beanster posted...
The H4 DMR is like molasses in winter next to the CE pistol.

Fast kill times are a good thing. The series has gotten slower each iteration and it was a trend that badly, badly needed reversal. Halo 4 got this right...

pistol reticle was gigantic compared to the DMR's and significantly harder to shoot cross map with
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#25xoAxeloxPosted 11/27/2012 9:44:47 PM
Visibility posted...
^Nice K/D Evan, pls teach.

get carried to more 50s
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#26The BeansterPosted 11/27/2012 9:46:53 PM
Nated posted...
I love topics like this

it makes it so easy to tell who played halo 1/2 decently at competitive levels and who played 4v4 blood gulch with plasma pistol start

The weapons should absolutely not be touched. Halo isn't a game about all weapons being equal. Halo is meant to be played with everyone starting with the same weapon and fighting for power weapons which provide advantages in certain situations. The halo 1 pistol. The halo 2/3 BR. The halo Reach DMR. That is Halo. If you don't like that, you don't like Halo.

The loadouts were a step in the wrong direction, but sincethere are prominent weapons with choice in only a few variations makes it balanced.

The fact that the weapon balance is the way it is currently and also the fact that it will never change proves that 343 is capable of making a well balanced and competitive halo game.

Thank you.

I hope you're right about 343 being able to make a competitive Halo game. Halo 4 isn't it, but I hope you're right... I would love the series to return to what made it so good in the first place - a competitive gameplay core.
---
#27VisibilityPosted 11/27/2012 9:47:08 PM
Go play some other game then. Halo is about skill with one dominant weapon. Halo CE by far was the best game at showing skill differences between players, in part because of the pistol having amazing range/accuracy and a very fast potential kill time.

Halo 2 and 3 were OK but slowed things down... Reach slowed to an absolute crawl with the inclusion of sprint/etc + bloom.

geez... all the baddies suddenly have come out of the woodwork crying about how Halo is a game dominated by one gun...

Guess what? The sky is blue too. Maybe you'd like it to be green, but most people like it blue just the way it is.

Cool logic, man. May as way get rid of the other weapons, sounds like a good idea.

Calling people baddies? Lol. Pls teach me your awesome Halo skills, sir. Pls.

You don't even understand why the sky is blue, silly goose.
---
Join the devroom and sign the OFFICIAL MegaManLgds3 petition
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/609523-mega-man-legends-3-prototype-version/59861635
#28_BakasamaPosted 11/27/2012 9:47:30 PM
It barely even matters. It beats the BR because the BR lets you slip up a little with final shots due to the burst. The magnums rate of fire calculated in with it's damage still makes it come out first, so if you're not changing that, then don't fiddle with the other options.
#29The BeansterPosted 11/27/2012 9:48:41 PM
xoAxelox posted...
The Beanster posted...
The H4 DMR is like molasses in winter next to the CE pistol.

Fast kill times are a good thing. The series has gotten slower each iteration and it was a trend that badly, badly needed reversal. Halo 4 got this right...

pistol reticle was gigantic compared to the DMR's and significantly harder to shoot cross map with if you were bad

Fix'd

Sure, 3-shotting across Blood Gulch wasn't common, but you're not going to be 5-shotting someone with a DMR all the way across Ragnarok either.
---
#30NatedPosted 11/27/2012 9:50:24 PM
The Beanster posted...
Nated posted...
I love topics like this

Thank you.

I hope you're right about 343 being able to make a competitive Halo game. Halo 4 isn't it, but I hope you're right... I would love the series to return to what made it so good in the first place - a competitive gameplay core.

Halo 4 has the most potential at launch of any Halo release yet IMO

Halo 2 matchmaking was entirely SMG start until at least six months after release and Bungie clearly weren't thinking competitive with the addition of bloom

343 at least recognizes that precision starting weapons is how the game should be played and bloom is terrible
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/nated-1581/
GT: Nated